• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey I saw this posted from a couple of days ago. Has anyone seen it before, or is it new? I’m not sure I believe it in anyway, but it is kinda interesting.

That is way too similar to Dialga/Palkia to be real. The person tweeting about it also cropped out part of it, which is usually only done so that people can't reverse image search something and find the artist they stole from.

Following up on it is that it will feature every region and also use the name Pocket Monsters (Like the original in 97) in Japan (so no inclusion of Sword and Shield in the title). That's it I'm pretty sure.

Some peeps are speculating a reboot potentially but idk

Seems to take place in all regions. So maybe the anime the anime will have multiple protagonists including Ash traveling each region?

Wait? What't the announcement now?
According to Serebii, that was the announcement. The next pokemon anime. Says it takes place in all regions, and more details will come on the 29th.

It would be hard to juggle eight protagonists at once.
It would be, but is not impossible. Animes like Durarara, or Assasination classroom have really large casts that they balance out nicely.

Sooooo, seems we have an announcement announcing an announcement.
Uuuuuugh I knew it. D| That is so dumb. Not only that, but we basically had an announcement announcing an announcement announcing an announcement, that's why we were waiting for this one. SO. DUMB.

According to Serebii, that was the announcement. The next pokemon anime. Says it takes place in all regions, and more details will come on the 29th.
That's... interesting. o.0

At this point yeah, it's almost time for the only news drop we'll get for September. LMAO I'm guessing it will indeed be this Tuesday or Wednesday (after the US holiday tomorrow, since news drops are planned globally nowadays).

Yeah Tuesday-Thursday I would expect to hear news. Since, y'all are right, the trailers seem to be one per month and in the first week of the month.

Are y'all happy with this release period so far? I feel like with Gen 6 and 7, they dropped the news hella often, and, like y'all mentioned, left little to actually be discovered. With this, we know a lot of the major info, but a vast majority of the games are still unknown.

Like what if we actually do get a large amount of new Pokemon this time? We would be surprised. I know that if this remains true and they actually don't show very much more till release, I WILL actively avoid early copy datamines as much as I possibly can. Because I can surely wait an additional week or 2 if we still don't know much.

75 more sleeps until Sword and Shield

I also kinda wonder if there will be more version differences this time compared to what we are use to. it would give a reason for the quietness besides just a different approach.

I think we will get an amount of new forms (new Dex numbers, regional variants, and gigantamax) comparable to gen 6 and 7. They're just withholding much more than usual.

As for what I think about it... I like it on paper. I like the idea of getting to know about the Pokémon as I play the game and explore the region, which is what the original intent of the games (Red/Blue) were. I do wish they were a little more frequent than one per month, though. I'd prefer twice a month, of short things.

I think we will get an amount of new forms (new Dex numbers, regional variants, and gigantamax) comparable to gen 6 and 7. They're just withholding much more than usual.

As for what I think about it... I like it on paper. I like the idea of getting to know about the Pokémon as I play the game and explore the region, which is what the original intent of the games (Red/Blue) were. I do wish they were a little more frequent than one per month, though. I'd prefer twice a month, of short things.
Yeah, two small trailers a month would be nice, especially with them cutting CoroCoro short this time around. Though we did get two last month (three if you count the Galar town tour) and there is only two full months left so I feel like this ought to be the point where they start to pick up the pace a bit more to build the hype for release day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom