• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still questioning why a sunflower has to adapt to rain and humidity, though.

Maybe the line of reasoning was that the climate of Galar is so wet that normal Sunflora cannot handle the large amount of rainfall. However, sunflower fields do exist in Britain and Maractus is in Galar sans fancy new form so having Sunflora adapt to wet conditions so much so that it changes forms makes little sense. Plus there’s also the desert/badlands part of the Wild Area so the whole region can’t be overwhelmingly rainy.

Man, at this point I don't really know what I want from a news drop... because there really isn't anything that I've seen that's made me feel anything for these games.

That’s the cover, they usually post the cover on the official (Corocoro) website about 4-6 days before it releases. Not sure what’s up with that other scan showing the Max Raid Battle against Dynamax Pangoro is though, I’m more than a little confused by the grey splotches.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if the contest was all that was in it, I’m just saying that the twitter posts aren’t necessarily everything.

What happened to Corocoro seriously? That is just the cover as far as I know, but the actual pages might as well just be about this contest? Corocoro used to give us news about multiple new Pokemon and a couple characters we didn't know about, though now its just stuff we already knew or nothing. I think Corocoro being so irrelevant during this news cycle is part of what's made it feel slower.

What happened to Corocoro seriously? That is just the cover as far as I know, but the actual pages might as well just be about this contest? Corocoro used to give us news about multiple new Pokemon and a couple characters we didn't know about, though now its just stuff we already knew or nothing. I think Corocoro being so irrelevant during this news cycle is part of what's made it feel slower.

If Corocoro has anything useful, it’ll leak in advance, it always has. TPC/TPCi likes revealing stuff themselves, so they seem to be (except for the Steel Beam/Tetteikousen contest) revealing what’s in Corocoro in a video a few days before.

I personally, as I said above, don’t think Corocoro has leaked yet. It doesn’t come out until the 15th (in japan), so today/tomorrow is the most likely time period for leaks, if there is anything besides the contest

The cause of most of the information getting out early was more than likely due to Coro Coro. They know that no matter how many laws there are about scanning early copies, people are still going to scan it the moment it comes out early. At this point I'm really starting to think that's why they did that horrible oke when Sun and Moon came out with the over exposed box art. Because gen VII was actually when Coro Coro started going down hill and becoming a recap rather than another news source.

Also the splotches look like they're scratch cards. It just might be for the aforementioned contest to win copies of the game.

Re: sunflowers in the UK... Remember that Sandshrew and Vulpix moved to the ice mountains of Alola because they somehow didn't fit in with the other terrains.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't need to make 100% sense geographically. It just has to be some kind of stressor that causes change. Sunflora gaining the water type due to being an a heavy rainfall area is enough sense for Gamefreak, I'm sure.

Let's not forget the fact there's a desert in the alola region, and Sandshrew "couldn't adapt".
I thought they had a rationale for that though. Like something to the effect of it couldn't survive the other ground and or fire types that lived in the desert and volcano, so it was forced to the mountains.

I thought they had a rationale for that though. Like something to the effect of it couldn't survive the other ground and or fire types that lived in the desert and volcano, so it was forced to the mountains.

Yeah, its profile on the site attributes it to volcanic eruptions that affected its regular habitat and prompted it to relocate.

Last edited:
I don't know if some member already posted it here. Anyway, I'll post:

I don't know if some member already posted it here. Anyway, I'll post:

View attachment 124911

While I can definitely see the first part of this being accurate (mostly because it was already sort of done with Meltan), the 100 "miles" Eevee walk evolution seems a little OTT.
Also, I really hope they don't (and I personally don't think they will) introduce new forms for older Pokemon that only transform when you travel to another region/continent. It seems quite unnecessary, like hey you can only get this special Kingler when you are on a once in a lifetime holiday. And what happens for those who already live in that other continent? Do they get the new form permanently and it transforms back to normal when they visit somewhere else? It all seems far too ridiculous and convoluted in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom