• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add that if they meant for G-Max Corviknight to be considered its own stage in the codenames, then they would've had done it like this:

Commondori1 -> Commondori2 -> Commondori3 instead of Commondori1 -> Commondori2 -> Gcommondori3

There wouldn't be much point adding the G imo. Corviknight is definitely Commondori3

I would not equate Gigantamax with z-moves. Gigantamax actually has a form change beyond a power change. It is technically an evolution that happens in battle.
Dynamax I would equate with z-moves.

It's not about form changing. That's just an aesthetic add-on. The Gigantamax = exclusive Z-Move analogy makes sense when comparing regular Dynamax to regular Z-Moves, because just as only certain Pokémon such as Snorlax and Marshadow had individualized Z-Crystals that let them use unique Z-Moves, only certain Pokémon such as Corviknight and Alcremie will have Gigantamax forms (which grant them access to, you guessed it, unique G-Max Moves that normal Dynamaxed Pokémon cannot use).

I would not equate Gigantamax with z-moves. Gigantamax actually has a form change beyond a power change. It is technically an evolution that happens in battle.
Dynamax I would equate with z-moves.
Gigantamax is implied to be a special form of Dynamax on the website itself. In fact, the website mentions Dynamax before explaining Gigantamax on the Gigantamax page itself.

Z-Moves (power up) >> Exclusive Z-Moves (similar but species specific power up)
Dynamax (power up) >> Gigantamax (similar but species specific power up)

Not every form change is an evolution. Gigantamax is simply Dynamax with additional power and appearance change according to the website.

It's not about form changing. That's just an aesthetic add-on. The Gigantamax = exclusive Z-Move analogy makes sense when comparing regular Dynamax to regular Z-Moves, because just as only certain Pokémon such as Snorlax and Marshadow had individualized Z-Crystals that let them use unique Z-Moves, only certain Pokémon such as Corviknight and Alcremie will have Gigantamax forms (which grant them access to, you guessed it, unique G-Max Moves that normal Dynamaxed Pokémon cannot use).
Gigantamax is implied to be a special form of Dynamax on the website itself. In fact, the website mentions Dynamax before explaining Gigantamax on the Gigantamax page itself.

Z-Moves (power up) >> Exclusive Z-Moves (similar but species specific power up)
Dynamax (power up) >> Gigantamax (similar but species specific power up)

Not every form change is an evolution. Gigantamax is simply Dynamax with additional power and appearance change according to the website.
I literally don't see it much different than Megas. I mean G and D are literally a combination of Megas and z-moves

Actually I think we should be grateful that’s all it is. Their console, and the internet is half the price of xbox and sony. It really should not come as a surprise that they added an online subscription, and it’s really cheap. My ps4 costs me $10 a month, and the games are the exact same price as the Wii U games, and the other consoles. It might be more than the 3ds, but as prices go up they want to stay with their competitors, and the times. Even if it sucks for us. I enjoy all the old online games that we get as well.
Paying for a bill that a company handled just fine in the past isn't really something I can be grateful for. These companies are getting a bigger income than most of their consumers-why do they need to squeeze out even more money from them?

Anyways, I'm surprised that we're seeing codenames now, since they were hidden on the site for so long! I wonder if they're being less cautious now because they'll be revealed soon?

(Also, I think this disproves that Catchagram fake. Another one bites the dust...)

Based on the new site that dropped today a user on Twitter did some digging around and found this...

View attachment 125283

~Starters' codenames seem to be named after what they become in their final stages (specifically Grookey)
~Yamper, Rolycoly and Wooloo are all first stage Pokémon meaning they evolve further
~Alcremie has a pre-evolution
~Corviknight has two pre-evolutions (likely meaning its the regional bird)
~Polteageist has a pre-evolution
~Drednaw has a pre-evolution

The starters' codenames pretty much give even more credence to the Affleck leak. I wonder if Alcremie's pre-evolution has flavors as well? If does it does then that's a whole lot of forms for one Pokémon line. I kinda expected Corviknight to be the regional bird so that's cool. I wonder what Polteageist pre-evolution will be? The most obvious choice is a teacup but you never know. I'm surprised that Drednaw has a pre-evolution.

This is really exciting.

Wow, I never expected that site would have hidden info on it. It's cool if this ends up being true. I know a lot of people thought Alcremie and Drednaw would be single stage, but I had a feeling they had prevos. Corviknight having 2 prevos was expected, but I didn't expect Polteageist to be evolved. And wow, and Durauldon is a single stage? Now that surprised me, I thought it looked like the final stage in a 3 Pokemon line. :lapras:

I hope they can find more secrets on the site :bulbaLove:

Last edited:
Paying for a bill that a company handled just fine in the past isn't really something I can be grateful for. These companies are getting a bigger income than most of their consumers-why do they need to squeeze out even more money from them?
Specially since in the context of Pokemon games, the asking price just surged by $20 with the first switch game having really less content compared to the cheaper 3DS games.

Also, we’re already supposed to pay for bank, and now there’s Home to think about. Specially since we might be paying subscription fees to store our favourite Pokemon and there’s no guarantee that it’ll appear in a future game, so in essence trapped and up for deletion unless we pay up.

An increase in asking price is supposed to come with an increase in content, and that hasn’t happened with the Switch Pokemon games, the Pokemon storage systems or even the Nintendo Switch online. The services are at the same level (if not worse) than the free service too.

Not to mention trading and battling are the essential features of Pokemon. You literally can’t complete one of the games’ objectives without trading.

Specially since in the context of Pokemon games, the asking price just surged by $20 with the first switch game having really less content compared to the cheaper 3DS games.

Also, we’re already supposed to pay for bank, and now there’s Home to think about. Specially since we might be paying subscription fees to store our favourite Pokemon and there’s no guarantee that it’ll appear in a future game, so in essence trapped and up for deletion unless we pay up.

An increase in asking price is supposed to come with an increase in content, and that hasn’t happened with the Switch Pokemon games, the Pokemon storage systems or even the Nintendo Switch online. The services are at the same level (if not worse) than the free service too.

Not to mention trading and battling are the essential features of Pokemon. You literally can’t complete one of the games’ objectives without trading.
Disagree with the first point. We don't know if SwSh will have less content than 3DS games. All we know is that they have less pokemon. However that does not amount to all the content in the game. I'll wait until after release to make that call.

Disagree with the first point. We don't know if SwSh will have less content than 3DS games. All we know is that they have less pokemon. However that does not amount to all the content in the game. I'll wait until after release to make that call.
Agreed. In fact, we don’t even know if it will have less Pokémon in terms of Regional Pokédex; just less Pokémon programmed into the game.

I'll admit I won’t count it on the level of LGPE, but not having every Pokemon coded in is an objective downgrade. The Pokémon inside a game are the content.

I'll admit I won’t count it on the level of LGPE, but not having every Pokemon coded in is an objective downgrade. The Pokémon inside a game are the content.
And if you notice, I did say that was one. However that still doesn't necessarily mean that the game will have less content. Content in a game is more than just the amount of Pokémon available. The game might be bigger than any other Pokémon game we have gotten yet. And if it does, I wouldn't say it has less overall content that its 3DS counterparts as that would be factually incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom