• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say somewhat but not as much as psychic is with mons like Delphox and things like magician or trick.
Magician is also on a Fairy type, Klefki, and Trick is just an act of deceit-not really magical. I think magic can overlap with Psychic, like how light and sound are concepts that go with different types, but I don't think it's the main one.

@swiftgallade46
Nope I mix up psychic being weak to ghost. I always think it is the opposite. Psychic is strong to ghost. So at least Ponyta is weak against the gym. Though sirfetch’d still sucks as it’s counterpart - -
Fun fact, but every type that Psychic is weak to makes sense because it's a rational fear/phobic that people have.
Being scared of bugs, ghosts, and the dark.

Fun fact, but every type that Psychic is weak to makes sense because it's a rational fear/phobic that people have.
Being scared of bugs, ghosts, and the dark.
Than shouldn't those be weaknesses for normal types of something? Psychic's should probably resist them because they're not the average joe who might get scared of that sorts of stuff.

edit: bug still makes sense to me, but not the others really.

Than shouldn't those be weaknesses for normal types of something? Psychic's should probably resist them because they're not the average joe who might get scared of that sorts of stuff.

It’s because phobias are attacks on the mind. Since the mind is generally the source of power for Psychic-types, it stands to reason that that would be their weak-point.

I do like the explanation, but I kinda have a hard time accepting it as the only one, considering that plenty of other types fit into fears as well. (Wikipedia says that a fear of water affects 1% of the population of Iceland, and a fear of heights could definitely connect to the Flying type) I kinda consider it to be a mix of that and the idea that psychic abilities would make you more susceptible to the influence of ghosts and evil beings, like how mediums can get possessed by spirits. (Though that doesn't explain Bug...)

Magician is also on a Fairy type, Klefki, and Trick is just an act of deceit-not really magical. I think magic can overlap with Psychic, like how light and sound are concepts that go with different types, but I don't think it's the main one.
yeah it's really tricky since and some media magic and psychic type abilities are one in the same.

I wonder if there's any leak that called galarian ponyta's psychic typing. That's really a bit of a surprise for everyone

Psychic's three weaknesses represent three of the most common phobias in people. Fear of dark, fear of ghosts and fear of bugs/insects. That's why bug type is super effective on psychic. Sure, there are other phobias that involve water, height, being buried alive etc. but these aren't as prevalent as the already mentioned three.

Wikipedia says that a fear of water affects 1% of the population of Iceland

If you had to deal with the amount of river demons and sea monsters that we do, you would be afraid of water too. :annoyedVoltorb:

Although it would be cool to see one of these [redacted] make it into the Pokédex one of these days.

Last edited:
I wonder if we will have a distinct lack of news due to their typhoon. I am only partially expecting some kind of announcement tomorrow about an announcement. Like they did with sirfetch’d and to announce the live stream.

i have no clue what to expect for game informer today either.

Last edited:
Either we get something tomorrow or during the stream next week, or I’m thinking we won’t get anything big (like a 1 or 2 minute trailer or something like that) for the rest of this month, maybe next month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom