• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I know from personal experience I've been following datamines since Gen II and I was 10 or 11. Some kids care too much and crave any info they can get just like adults do.

The fact they're also putting more emphasis on things older fans might enjoy (like competitive battles and breeding for the perfect IVs/natures) makes me wonder if they're not slowly realzing their true demographic is between like 17-37 now and not little kids anymore.

I honestly think the goal here is for them to have their cake and eat it too. I think they know that they need to appeal to both younger fans and older ones to keep the Pokemon train going. Pokemon is now something that is passed on from parent to child.

My wife works with kids as part of her job and they are all still majorly into Pokemon. Yeah it's not as big as it was back in the day--but I feel that saying the Pokemon demographic is in the 17-37 range is missing the point. Kids still play pokemon, a lot of kids still play Pokemon....

They didn't though they use High Fidelity in their statements multiple times. If one goes back and re-watch the E3 statement you'll see that time was the reason for the cut which makes sense since TPC has had the franchise on a yearly grind since arguably 2013.
I don't agree with the cut myself but let's not mince words.
I think AzuSquish was referring to Ohmori's statement for Famitsu. He literally says that they had to redo "all models from scratch", which taking literally doesn't seem to be true, nor should it be (something wrong would have had to happen for them to have to redo them). Maybe Ohmori was speaking figuratively, and was referring to the adjustments and changes they had to make to reach high fidelity, as you said. But taking literally, what Ohmori said is that they had to redo everything from scratch, and that's not true.

I'm guessing it will leak around the final 2 days of October ~ first 3 days of November.

I think AzuSquish was referring to Ohmori's statement for Famitsu. He literally says that they had to redo "all models from scratch", which taking literally doesn't seem to be true, nor should it be (something wrong would have had to happen for them to have to redo them). Maybe Ohmori was speaking figuratively, and was referring to the adjustments and changes they had to make to reach high fidelity, as you said. But taking literally, what Ohmori said is that they had to redo everything from scratch, and that's not true.

I'm guessing it will leak around the final 2 days of October ~ first 3 days of November.
I think the issue is that that article has been mistranslated to Oblivion.
which isn't that surprising considering what happened with The Game Informer a couple of weeks back.

I think the issue is that that article has been mistranslated to Oblivion.
which isn't that surprising considering what happened with The Game Informer a couple of weeks back.

That part of the interview was translated several times by many different people. I don't think he would lie either, but I think it may have been poorly transcribed, or Ohmori has expressed himself badly, as I said.

That part of the interview was translated several times by many different people. I don't think he would lie either, but I think it may have been poorly transcribed, or Ohmori has expressed himself badly, as I said.
The original article came from a Reddit user who himself clarify that he got it from someone on a random Nintendo podcast.
Ohmori likely meant "復興" (reconstruction) which in itself is apart of what Hi-fi is.
the issue is that Japanese words can be inferred in multiple ways when you translated into English.

All my friends that follow the franchise do fit in the 18-28 range. From my personal experience, the Genwunner thing is very strong among 30+, and a good part of those people don't follow the franchise anymore. You made a good point there. Taking in account what I have seen out there, the fan base is getting older.
Maybe they are trying to rope the genwunners back in or those that thought it got too kiddie. Because we had like a good few seconds of a trailer dedicated to battle items. We've never had that before.

I honestly think the goal here is for them to have their cake and eat it too. I think they know that they need to appeal to both younger fans and older ones to keep the Pokemon train going. Pokemon is now something that is passed on from parent to child.

My wife works with kids as part of her job and they are all still majorly into Pokemon. Yeah it's not as big as it was back in the day--but I feel that saying the Pokemon demographic is in the 17-37 range is missing the point. Kids still play pokemon, a lot of kids still play Pokemon....
I should have said core demographic. Sure kids still play it and are fans of at least Go or the anime if they don't. But that's still not as much as the adults that grew up with it or their kids.

They've just seemed to be putting more focus on the older fans now rather than making the game easy to focus mainly on the kids.

He could have also meant the textures. Because since everything is scaled up for the Switch from the 3DS, the textures had to have been super compressed.

The original article came from a Reddit user who himself clarify that he got it from someone on a random Nintendo podcast.
Ohmori likely meant "復興" (reconstruction) which in itself is apart of what Hi-fi is.
the issue is that Japanese words can be inferred in multiple ways when you translated into English.
Famitsu's original article is public: Famitsu Interview. Ohmori says "rebuilt/redone from the beginning", but yes, he may have expressed himself badly:

"Ohmori: 大森 今回のことは、増田とともに、かなり協議を重ねました。『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』の時点でも、(すべてのポケモンを連れてこられるようにすることは)実際はなかなか厳しい状況だったのですが、ハードがNintendo Switchになって、モデルを最初から作り直すことになり、何かしらの選択をしなければならないと。ただ、『ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド』を遊んでいただけるとわかるかと思うのですが(連れてこられるポケモンに制限があっても)ワイルドエリアやストーリーなど、その遊びの内容はかなりのボリュームになります。"

最初: very beginning / から: From / 作り直す: Make again

He could have also meant the textures. Because since everything is scaled up for the Switch from the 3DS, the textures had to have been super compressed.

Yes, that's what I think too. He must have expressed himself figuratively, as "we had to redo everything again from a very early stage."

Famitsu's original article is public: Famitsu Interview. Ohmori says "rebuilt/redone from the beginning", but yes, he may have expressed himself badly:

"Ohmori: 大森 今回のことは、増田とともに、かなり協議を重ねました。『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』の時点でも、(すべてのポケモンを連れてこられるようにすることは)実際はなかなか厳しい状況だったのですが、ハードがNintendo Switchになって、モデルを最初から作り直すことになり、何かしらの選択をしなければならないと。ただ、『ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド』を遊んでいただけるとわかるかと思うのですが(連れてこられるポケモンに制限があっても)ワイルドエリアやストーリーなど、その遊びの内容はかなりのボリュームになります。"

最初: very beginning / から: From / 作り直す: Make again

Yes, that's what I think too. He must have expressed himself figuratively, as "we had to redo everything again from a very early stage."
Indeed.
SWSH uses a different art style compared to the 3DS titles so porting them over as they were in the latter would make the models look incredibly awkward especially with like the washed out colors and such.

Maybe they are trying to rope the genwunners back in or those that thought it got too kiddie. Because we had like a good few seconds of a trailer dedicated to battle items. We've never had that before.

Genwunners have never struck me as the type to enjoy and/or care about competitive battling--or held items for that matter. I've seen genwunner-esque memes and posts that complain that battling with Pokemon now is too unfun and strategy-based and "why can't we go back to the fun days of just using Charizard because it looks cool and Mewtwo because the game said it's the strongest Pokemon?" I doubt most would care one bit about items that will only really have relevancy in the competitive aspect of the game.

I think TPCi showed a trailer with battle items because they didn't want to reveal anything major like new monsters or characters, and showing competitive items/abilities would fit at a VGC event.

Any cool rumors lately?

There's this one that claims Leon is going to die.

Definitely don't think it's real, but I like the ideas in it (which makes sense because it's a wishlist basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom