• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how does the starters getting Gigantamax forms work anyways, since the only way you can get those forms is via Max Raid Battles.

Either you get gifted a G-Maxable Kanto Starter or they are available in the wild now (wouldn't be the craziest thing, after XY's Friend Safari made them repeatably catchable and SM's Island Scan actually put them out there in the wild grass).

We're so close to release that more elaborate rumors are possible, but I'm still plenty skeptical of this one.
  • An Electric regional Chatot was already in a past rumor (with the Autotune ability), as was an Ice regional Stantler. (Stagreeze rumor)
  • "New Pokemon they are very cool look scary but are scared themselves"-this actually says nothing about the design whatsoever.
  • This rumor piggybacks on Affleck by mentioning Eternatus and Skwovet, but contradicts it by saying that the Grookey evo beats its chest, not a drum.
  • The "only Charizard has a Gigantamax form" just makes no sense.
  • Also, most glaring and already marks this as fake: This claims that there's only ten gyms, even including version exclusives in that count. But it's already been confirmed that we're getting a gym for every type.
Weird that this is getting "causing a storm" when it's already contradicting Game Freak statements...
Agree with most your points but in case of the Grookey evolution thing, the rocks on his chest might act as drums. Also "Only Charizard" thing is obviously inaccurate but I think he made a mistake and though the question (Which was Gigantamax Kanto and Sinnoh) was asking about starters fro Kanto and Sinnoh receiving Gigantamax.

Here's what I think. If an emborgo is lifting on Thursday for journalist who got to play early part of the game. So in addition to the Starter's evolution, tomorrow trailer/news might reveal the early route pokemon like the regional bird, normal type, bugs and such. The fact that the new leak is so detailed in everything allow us to confirmed or debunk with even just one reveal.

I'm thinking this too, if there are any unknown early route mons we're surely going to see them tomorrow. One way or another. (and considering a reveal is happening tomorrow I imagine we'll see them if they exist)

Serebii's list doesn't really show if the whole line of returning Pokemon is confirmed, or if it was just parts of the line that have been spotted.
There was an interview that confirmed if one member of a line was included, the evolutions would be included as well.
Either you get gifted a G-Maxable Kanto Starter or they are available in the wild now (wouldn't be the craziest thing, after XY's Friend Safari made them repeatably catchable and SM's Island Scan actually put them out there in the wild grass).
(I think he was talking about the idea that the Galar starters would receive GMax forms, since PocketMonster was saying they thought the numbers from the Dynamax camera were to indicate GMax forms and not stages)
Agree with most your points but in case of the Grookey evolution thing, the rocks on his chest might act as drums. Also "Only Charizard" thing is obviously inaccurate but I think he made a mistake and though the question (Which was Gigantamax Kanto and Sinnoh) was asking about starters fro Kanto and Sinnoh receiving Gigantamax.
"Act as drums" is pretty different from an actual drum, though.

And how does the starters getting Gigantamax forms work anyways, since the only way you can get those forms is via Max Raid Battles.
(I think he was talking about the idea that the Galar starters would receive GMax forms, since PocketMonster was saying they thought the numbers from the Dynamax camera were to indicate GMax forms and not stages)

If that's the case, then I'm going to assume that the Galar starters given to you are capable of Gigantamaxing. GameFreak made the starters in LGPE have perfect IVs so it's not too far-fetched to think that they will make the gifted Galar starters capable of Gigantamaxing.

Ah, yes, missed some context there. I thought we were still talking about the Charizard thing :X3:

Pretty sure there'll be a story reason to how. Like maybe the professor wants research done on those particular starters cause they have the potential to Gigantamax or something.

Is it that crazy to say that sand hippos, desert antlions, tropical plant monsters, luchador birds, and South American turtles that live in volcanoes don't exactly fit a British setting?

Which is why one cannot rule out Pokemon like Comfey or Exeggutor being in Galar because there might very well be some sort of tropical part of Galar, especially when Pokemon like Hippowdon, Turtonator, and Ludicolo have made it. GameFreak cares a little about what Pokemon inhabit a region, but not that much, especially when it comes to excluding Pokemon.
Oh yeah, definitely. Besides which, Bounsweet is already confirmed for Galar and it's based on a tropical evergreen plant so... not sure where they're wedging that one into the region, but there's definitely no reason that Comfey couldn't be in.

Who is keeping his starter? in my case, if the evolution is crap, then bye bye. I don't have time for ugliness.

So I decided to look at the Pokemon listed in that Pokéjungle article who received changes in USM, but were not present in the Alolan'dex, and compared them to Serebii's list of confirmed returning Pokemon.
The following is a list of Pokemon that have yet to be confirmed as being present in the Galar'dex.
  • Bellsprout
  • Doduo
  • Tangela
  • Sentret
  • Hoppip
  • Girafarig
  • Phanpy
  • Whismur
  • Skitty
  • Plusle
  • Minun
  • Volbeat
  • Illumise
  • Numel
  • Cacnea
  • Lunatone
  • Solrock
  • Chimecho
  • Bidoof
  • Pachirisu
  • Spiritomb
  • Carnivine
  • Patrat
  • Pansage
  • Pansear
  • Blitzle
  • Darumaka
  • Yamask
  • Deerling
  • Cubchoo
  • Cryogonal
  • Shelmut
  • Bouffalant
  • Skiddo
  • Spritzee
The only issue I'm having is that, while I removed Pokemon that have been confirmed as being found in Galar, Serebii's list doesn't really show if the whole line of returning Pokemon is confirmed, or if it was just parts of the line that have been spotted. Regardless, the above list shows Pokemon that haven't been confirmed at all, but like with the currently confirmed Pokemon that are receiving Galarian forms or evolutions, weren't present in Alola.

Maybe this is a wild goose chase, and I'm going crazy, but it wouldn't be put past me if any of these Pokemon might get a new form or evolution.
Serebii jumps the gun with saying a whole line is in the region when only 1 of the Pokemon's line is shown. For example, budew was shown in an early trailer but that doesn't mean that Roselia and roserade wouldn't get galarian forms, on the contrary I believe that it's more natural that the baby form of the Pokemon is the same while the evolutions can be different forms (think of Cubone/marowak in SM, although can't say that typing jump is natural but eh).

Edit: just read techskylander's comment, I didn't realize that there was a interview that said that. Rip to the chance of galarian Roselia then

Serebii jumps the gun with saying a whole line is in the region when only 1 of the Pokemon's line is shown. For example, budew was shown in an early trailer but that doesn't mean that Roselia and roserade wouldn't get galarian forms, on the contrary I believe that it's more natural that the baby form of the Pokemon is the same while the evolutions can be different forms (think of Cubone/marowak in SM, although can't say that typing jump is natural but eh).
Farfetch'd goes from Normal/Fighting to pure Fighting when it becomes Sirfetch'd. We could absolutely see a massive jump when it comes to types.

There was an interview that confirmed if one member of a line was included, the evolutions would be included as well.

The problem is that Joe doesn't specify which Pokémon from that evolutionary line appeared. So unless you go back in the trailers to see which one it was, it's hard to guess if there is a possibility of that line gaining a regional form.

Edit: just read techskylander's comment, I didn't realize that there was a interview that said that. Rip to the chance of galarian Roselia then

If only Budew appeared, there is still a chance of a Galarian Roselia happening.

Farfetch'd goes from Normal/Fighting to pure Fighting when it becomes Sirfetch'd. We could absolutely see a massive jump when it comes to types.

Uh, I think you mean Normal/Flying, right? Farfetch'd never had Fighting to begin with (unless we end up with a Galarian Farfetch'd thrown in the mix). Just FYI.

Oh damn, i just remembered we still don't know who will be the gift pokemon this time around
(xy torchic, oras beldum, sun and moon munchlax, usum rockruff)
i hope they reveal it tomorrow

I thought we do isn’t it Larvitar and Deino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom