• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about their being a Gigantamax Kantonian Meowth, knowing their will also be a Galarian Meowth. Meowth sure are adaptable to different environments, but explain this?

Unless this is only for special Kantonian Meowth found in Max Raid Battles, and normal Galarian Meowth are incapable of Gigantamaxing...

That is because Meowth is getting a regional evolution, not a regional form. I had a feeling about this for a while, but looking back about what Affleck said. He only talked about regional evolutions and never said a thing about forms.

I love how Charizard actually looks like a dragon instead of a weird hybrid in its standard form. I wonder if these forms get new abilities / types / stats to make it worthwhile.

If this is all the information we’re getting today I’m gonna be so pissed off. And oh look, more Kanto pandering.
I’m quite confident we’ll get the starter evo, and maybe some more info (tomorrow we should have the hands on as well), but yeah, if they were to reveal Gigantamax forms, I’d have preferred a mix and not focus on Kanto ones.

This made me worried about not seeing the starters evolutions, because they should've been on the cover.

So since Dynamax is a manmade phenomenon and we have confirmation that the larger Pokemon are only projections, would it stand to reason that Oleana designed the Gigantamax forms for the Pokemon as well? That would make sense to me.

I know, totally random, but I was thinking about it when the leak said that only Charizard gets a Gigantamax forme out of the Kanto starters, which would also make sense if Leon and Oleana were close (as they seem to be), and she wanted to make him appear as strong as possible. What if the reason that Leon has never lost is because his Charizard always Gigantamaxes and intimidates his opponents with it, causing them to lose?
Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are artificial phenomenon, so this makes sense.
Actually, the Dynamax Band is created by Oleana. But nothing indicates so far that Dynamax itself is artificial. Do you have a source? Because I don’t think it’s mentioned that Dynamax is man made at al.

Not a big fan of the new designs except for Charizard. On top of that, why did they choose these Pokémon in the first place? Despite the fact that this leak has been out for quite some time, it's disappointing to see it pretty much confirmed nonetheless. Pikachu I can at least understand, but Meowth and Charizard?? Didn't Meowth already get an Alolan Form last generation? Not to mention the copious amount of forms and attention Charizard has gotten over the years. Eevee I guess kinda makes sense since it was a starter in the latest Pokémon game, but still... Give a Pokémon like Dewgong or Electrode some love instead.
Edit: Eevee also received a unique Z-Move in SM.

Last edited:
These Gigantamax forms (except I guess Charizard?) look really bland and uncreative to me. Eevee is literally just Dynamax Eevee with more fur.

Pikachu is seriously disappointing. I’m not sure what I myself was expecting with fat Pikachu but I didn’t expect a hunchback Pikachu that almost looks like it has fat folds in a few angles (I think those might be it’s hands obscured by Eevee, but that makes them look like freaking fat folds. Pikachu, hit the gym! It seriously looks like it’s a future diabetes patient.
I don’t even know how Meowth manages to stand without falling over.

Charizard looks okay, I need to see the 3D model to realise if I'll like it.
I accepted mascots getting attention but please show some creativity while you’re at it GameFreak?

It really seems like Pikachu, Meowth and Eevee were added because of anime possibilities/mascot status. At least Charizard should be able to be used in some way competitively, I doubt the other three will (though I hope they will be somehow. Because even if I’d have preferred different, fully evolved Pokémon in their slots, at least they won’t fill just a gimmick role.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom