• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I give the Coro Coro leaker props, that's the first time in forever that the magazine leaked before a trailer.

But they really do need to stop rehashing stuff that was in the trailers so it doesn't happen again. Or at least go back to silhouettes. Or better just go back to having seperate information between trailers and Coro Coro. Like have a little something extra that wasn't there, something more than Butterfree.

The image leak is pretty dubious in credibility. I'd attribute the Pikachu and Meowth GMax forms to Affleck, which leaked it long before the image leak, and predicting that the Champion's ace would get a GMax form isn't exactly a hard guess.

I was referring to the leaked image from Coro Coro depicting G-Max Charizard, Pikachu, and Meowth. At least, I think it was a leak. Sorry for not making that clear.

Prominent people have already been playing, so we should see and release of NDAs and Reviews within 1-2 weeks.

Prominent people have already been playing, so we should see and release of NDAs and Reviews within 1-2 weeks.
I wouldn’t say reviews, they’d be more of hands on.
And based on what I know/hear, there’s the possibility of one being released online today (if not, there’s still be info, but given that it seems to be an embargo, I lean towards the hands on).

For the informations that I talked about in various thread, the article on whatever information on the games should come out around lunch time, CET time. Based on previous experiences with the end of embargo in Italian gaming site, that should be around 11-15 CET, leaning more towards 13-15.

So, at worst in a little more then 6 hours, I’ll likely post here the link with the article, as well as a recap on the information.

I wouldn’t say reviews, they’d be more of hands on.
And based on what I know/hear, there’s the possibility of one being released online today (if not, there’s still be info, but given that it seems to be an embargo, I lean towards the hands on).

For the informations that I talked about in various thread, the article on whatever information on the games should come out around lunch time, CET time. Based on previous experiences with the end of embargo in Italian gaming site, that should be around 11-15 CET, leaning more towards 13-15.

So, at worst in a little more then 6 hours, I’ll likely post here the link with the article, as well as a recap on the information.

ive heard about that Italian person apparently having a stream soon so we might get more news like you say.

Guys game informer just posted something about playing through the beginning! About to go look at it.

Game Informer: The game starts with a cutscene of Leon about to battle someone we can't talk about.

Leon's page on the SW/SH website:

Needless to say, not surprised

Ok, so quick description. While not giving any actual types or names it looks like he came across 9ish new pokemon, counting Yamper. On top of some kind of legendary probably. I love that he had to do some kind of little quest right off the batt. Unfortunately he did not get his starter evolved.We also got the first two city names though! Wedgehurst and Motostoke.

edit: A little concerned when he said catching gives you XP. Fire gym confirmed possibly? Still unsure which one the card is though.

Ok, so quick description. While not giving any actual types or names it looks like he came across 9ish new pokemon, counting Yamper. On top of some kind of legendary probably. I love that he had to do some kind of little quest right off the batt. Unfortunately he did not get his starter evolved.We also got the first two city names though! Wedgehurst and Motostoke.

edit: A little concerned when he said catching gives you XP. Fire gym confirmed possibly? Still unsure which one the card is though.
But catching has given us Xp since gen 6 though. I also went through the article and some of the Quality of life changes are great. The portable box, map freedom etc are great.

But catching has given us Xp since gen 6 though. I also went through the article and some of the Quality of life changes are great. The portable box, map freedom etc are great.
I know, but with let’s go you could not battle wild pokemon only catch them, so the fact he did not say both makes me a little paranoid about it.

love that the portable box returned!

Watched the video preview other then the Everyeye hands on. The main problem, as I feared, is that GF is likely blocking the press into showing new mons or the evolutions of the starters (I'll tell you later what the person that tried the game will say about that in the live stream).

The graphic department is the major weakness of the game from what they saw, as it has the very problems we already discussed with textures and aliasing, although there are nice little features about npc's expression changing when they look at the MC. The video shown footage of the hands on, and the texture of the trees looks as horrible as it did at E3.

The game apparently opens up with a cutscene showing characters he didn't nominate, so I think they might be new. There are several cutscenes, apparently, in the first part of the game, and he didn't reach the gym part in the hands son. Without spoiling, he mentioned that those cutscenes makes you curious in exploring more of the story of the games.

Except a few exceptions, you can visit anything you can look at in the game, even when not in the Wild Areas. The first two routes and the first 80 minutes of the game (I'll check it for sure in a few minutes) have lots of Pokèmon, and they're apparently all new.

The Wild Area functions like a MMORPG, as you can the players walking and doing activities around like fishing, camping, etc. with local and wireless connection. So, I guess they didn't populate much the areas (from what I saw of the new footage, there are an handful of npcs), because it'll be filled with online players. You can meet Pokèmon much stronger then yours (he met a Dusclops level 40 when his party was around 9-11).

Rotom map isn't back, and the game works fine without the second screen. The party box of LGPE is back, and the various NPCs like Move Tutor and Deleter are all reunited in a single one, that might be present in all Pokèmon centers.

Raid battles are quite complex and hard (he mentioned a Magikarp fight being difficult) and they possess an array a moves to remove malus on them, moves that attack the whole party, and more. Only one player can use Dynamax from the start, the othes have to waits some turns, so if the Pokèmon you want to Dynamax is from the other three players, you have to work to resist those turns. Raid battles give candies of different 'power' that don't give one level, but exp, varying from the power of the candy. Raid battles and Pokèmon with a peculiar aura will give you Watt, a new currencly with unknown function in the preview.

All the party will get exp from a battle, but only those that partecipated in the battle will gain full exp, the others will gain half, and the aumont of exp will vary depending on your level.

That's all, I think. His overall opinion was quite good, except the graphics department. About the candies, he wants to see in the full release if they'll make it too easy to level your party.

Is that true? Seriously it sounds like a joke out of context.. I'm genuinely not sure.
And is there somewhere I can read the info complied?
I didn't read that in the main preview I read (Everyeye, but he basically kept all story-related info locked for spoiler, unlike others), and neither in others, so I don't know.

It seems quite weird though, since other trainers likely obtained it over more regular methods...but it'd explain why in the train scene with Hop yoy have the Dyna bracelet, and he doesn't.

You can meet Pokèmon much stronger then yours (he met a Dusclops level 40 when his party was around 9-11).
Excellent. I consider this part of the truly authentic RPG experience.

and the various NPCs like Move Tutor and Deleter are all reunited in a single one, that might be present in all Pokèmon centers.
I wonder if this just means the re-learners or if the "full" move tutors are finally in the base game now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom