• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaked CoroCoro pictures make Sky Forme official: Platinum to include new 'Torn World

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new form(e) is too macho. What happened to cute little girly Shaymin? Were they afraid of alienating boys or something? Bah, girls get alienated all the time and no one says anything.

"Shaymin became aggressive when it absorbed the Glacidia pollen."

There's why it is 'macho'...

That's from Famitsu, though, not CoroCoro.

Yeah but CoroCoro will probably have the same screenies on it.

here's something I've found on an image board, I don't know if they are 100% as I don't know japanese. Apparently the article in Famitsu reveals:

* Shaymin will automatically convert to Sky Forme when sent over to Platinum and will stay Land Forme on Diamond & Pearl

* The Torn World, positioned above the Spear Pillar, really utilises the 3D engine of the game and has the lands in a 3D isometric view

* There are various other new areas positioned in Sinnoh for you to explore

* The new characters are apparently there to determine the cause of the recent climate change, which has made Sinnoh colder, which explains the ultra warm clothes of the protaganists

fate - Is that Marller in your avy? :D

Yeah :} but I'm looking for a better shot to use

I wonder...if Sinnoh will be supposedly colder, will certain routes be added with snow weather, like route 211 (both sides), but just covered in snow, no blizzard condition.

I am interested in the cold climate plot. It could tie into the rift in time and space, but then again, the climate change is probably referenced very early on, and I doubt that the same can be said for Team Galactic's activity. Besides, the opening of the portal to Torn World is the high point of Team Galactic's plot, and it would be a pity to use an element of previous games just as a build-up to something else.

I hope that at least one of the two new characters hails from Hoenn's Weather Institute and provides insight into Kyogre and Groudon's feud three years ago. Could it be that the same event had a wider effect than initially assumed?

Wow. Although climate change is actually already done in RSE, I'm actually excited about this outcome! It seems that plot changes will be rootly, apparently! In fact, content added on the game is ALREADY more than the content added in Emerald, compared to the one of Ruby & Sapphire! This is going great~!

Ash_Pokemaster said:
In fact, content added on the game is ALREADY more than the content added in Emerald, compared to the one of Ruby & Sapphire!
No, it's not. Would you care to elaborate on that train of thought?

No, it's not. Would you care to elaborate on that train of thought?
I would gladly examine my piece of though, but regrettably I'm already drained from trying to ascertain which word should I apply in order to counteract your apparent wide vocabulary.

Seriously, can you talk normaly?

As for reasoning, well... Emerald was pretty much a "combined" Ruby and Sapphire. By that, I mean that its plot changes were almost limited to Groudon's and Kyogre's fight, and Rayquaza's stopping them; and including the events of Team Aqua and Team Magma, this is pretty much what everyone would have though, if they had to make one story out of the two of them. I don't know if you get the meaning. I should probably add the word "plot" when I said that more content was added. Because yeah, if we don't count Battle Frontier, which apparently is in Platinum also, the plot changes are far more rootly than previously... from the look of it...

"Elaborate" and "train of thought" aren't way up there on the vocabulary score. Not everything has to be dumbed down.

I was mostly bothered by the use of "content" rather than "plot". I still think it is rash to pass judgment so early on. Incorporating both Team Magma and Team Aqua into Emerald's story might have been predictable, but nevertheless a satisfying change which made things more interesting. I view the introduction of Torn World as being on par with that, unless Torn World is accessible at later points in the game and has more to offer than a one-time event.

The climate plot is an addition to the core of Diamond and Pearl which does not seem to be paralleled by anything on Emerald's list of plot changes. However, if I am correct to think that this aspect of the story serves as a continuity nod to Emerald itself, then the point isn't what Platinum brings to the table that Emerald didn't, is it?

shaymin sky form reminds me of a moose with the palmate antlers of the males, and moose are animals from cold climates(and it seems that shinou now is much more cold region)

"Elaborate" and "train of thought" aren't way up there on the vocabulary score. Not everything has to be dumbed down.
Fair enough, but we're just talking, you don't have to talk that formal. I'm not even native English speaker. :p
I was mostly bothered by the use of "content" rather than "plot". I still think it is rash to pass judgment so early on. Incorporating both Team Magma and Team Aqua into Emerald's story might have been predictable, but nevertheless a satisfying change which made things more interesting. I view the introduction of Torn World as being on par with that, unless Torn World is accessible at later points in the game and has more to offer than a one-time event.

The climate plot is an addition to the core of Diamond and Pearl which does not seem to be paralleled by anything on Emerald's list of plot changes. However, if I am correct to think that this aspect of the story serves as a continuity nod to Emerald itself, then the point isn't what Platinum brings to the table that Emerald didn't, is it?

The Team Magma and Team Aqua plot change WAS satisfying, and nice. The third game always serves as a "combining" of things, from the look of it. Although it seems that they are parallel plots, at first things get cleared up when the third version is out; I guess there is something it's being used for, at least! And it also serves as content provider for Manga and the Anime. :p I mean... They couldn't have a fight with Kyogre and Groudon seperately... And most importantly, Cyrus meeting both Dialga and Palkia without further explanation wouldn't make sence... So, yeah!

So, after all the climate change seems like an actually interesting plot change, after all! I'm looking forward seeing some involvement of characters in that. Probably a more imporant role for Pearl! Or even Cynthia and Volker! It could serve as taking place on the middle of the DP events, if we had to combine Diamond & Pearl with Platinum events. This is what will probably happen in the other media too.

Last edited:
I suspect Torn World is nothing more than an escher-like maze area with no battles one must navigate only one to three times to capture Dialga, Palkia, or/and Giratina and that's about it.

This new form(e) is too macho. What happened to cute little girly Shaymin? Were they afraid of alienating boys or something? Bah, girls get alienated all the time and no one says anything.

That's what I was thinking too. I mean, I like the contrasting personalities, but they seem to be trying to please the male population with this new bad-ass whateveritis.

I like Shaymin having an offensive form. For all their utility and powers, the "Cute Legendaries" are usually portrayed as helpless little children that need to be rescued (Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy).

The only thing I don't like is apparantly, it is forced into its forme upon entering Platinum. i understand if they want to force it back to Land Forme when trading into D/P, but we should have a choice for Platinum.

It also seems to try to avoid explanations on how this change occurs.

Last edited:
It could have something to do with the climate change in Platinum.

Perhaps the Pokedex will elaborate?

I like Shaymin having an offensive form. For all their utility and powers, the "Cute Legendaries" are usually portrayed as helpless little children that need to be rescued (Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy).
Actually, the form change makes it be no Cute Legendary; as we knew them at least. I would propose that a new category was formed, considering that it couldn't move to the ubers either, but still, it would be the only one there. I don't know... :p
As for the rest of Cute Legendaries, well, Celebi is not excactly a helpless little child. o_o At least it's not pictured like that on Special, or on Crystal's events. It is rather mysterious. And Mew, well... :p

THe only thing I don't like is apparantly, it is forced into its forme upon enterign Platinum. i understand if they want to force it back to Land Forme when trading into D/P, but we should have a choice for Platinum.

It also seems to try to avoid explanations on how this change occurs.
Ditto.
I hope that it will be able to change forms on the Pokedex description at least!

It could have something to do with the climate change in Platinum.

Perhaps the Pokedex will elaborate?

Pokedex's change is given, I think. :D
Giratina needs to be placed after all.
And I don't think Shaymin has to do anything with the plot... We'll probably not see it without event unlocking. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom