• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Has anyone else had a 'profound' realization that a legendary being connected to wheels seems similar to how orange slices look? I mean, they do kinda look like wheels. I understand that people probably noticed that long time ago but I just did personally.
Yes! I noticed that maybe for Scarlet old wheels like a Chariot and maybe the violet it's more like a car or a plane.

Oh cool. Looks like whoever said Sygna suit Cynthia was suppose to be in the Masters riddle was right. I think this basically confirms dragon/electric and dragon/fighting.

Trio Master being Ground/Fairy (Imo, in my mind, it makes no sense the Trio Master being weak to the Box Art legends, considering its supposed to be the master).

Has anyone else had a 'profound' realization that a legendary being connected to wheels seems similar to how orange slices look? I mean, they do kinda look like wheels. I understand that people probably noticed that long time ago but I just did personally.
Many people make that connection but Khu has only connected the wheels with the grape legendary.

Many people make that connection but Khu has only connected the wheels with the grape legendary.
Yeah, I know. My theory is that perhaps two rival schools want to actually STOP the other side from getting the legendary rather than obtain it. What if we actually create the legendary ourselves, like it's a scientific invention of our school? Or maybe we discover it? And there is a race who discovers first? Seems plausible

I Think someone on twitter made a point that the trailer featured a lot of Circles and Triangles. Notably, there is a shot after the gameplay footage featuring a door with 2 shields on them and they feature an orange and a grape. The orange is a circle with trainlgular pieces, while the grape is in the shape of an upside down triangle and the little grapes form circles. What I'm getting at is maybe the other legendary has wings like a glider

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 3.32.42 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 3.32.42 PM copy.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 66
Did swsh even have a theme like blank vs blank? I do think sv will be tradition vs innovation but it certainly doesn't have to have something like that
Even though it was never worded that way, I think it was 'right vs wrong kind of power'. So, a power merely for entertainment and progress for its own sake is wrong kind of power and Rose pursues it but power actually exists to protect others and this power is symbolized by zacian and zamazenta.
However, I still think that thematically it was one of the weakest entries.

I'd say if anything SW/SH's "theme" (muh themes!) was about "Kids vs Adults" what with Rose refusing to believe that the younger generation could handle the energy crisis and he had to solve it because of his narcissism, plus Leon and company initially refusing to reveal the Dynamax problem to the Gym Challlengers and telling the player to just enjoy their quest only to be shown up when a child saves Galar in the end - to which Leon acknowledges he still needs to grow up and the first step is to rebuild the damage Rose did. Then you have all the stuff with Hop, Sonia, Marnie and Bede trying to live up to their older relatives expectations (adopted in Bede's case) with varying degrees of success.

It was suppose to be the "strongest pokemon" or something to that effect, but I never got that impression while playing
Suppose it makes sense with dynamax, and the wolves embodied the irresistible force paradox.

The themes generally don't seem to stand out too much unless they're based on opposing forces with actual contrast- like land vs sea, and day vs night.

IIRC the theme was...corruption versus...not corruption??? It wasn't very...ascertainable really...
The theme was about being the greatest/strongest.

Shigeru Ohmori: The biggest theme in these games is the idea of being the greatest or the strongest. And we express that through the Nintendo Switch being the most powerful system that Pokémon games have been on before in terms of the graphical capabilities and hardware specifications. Also, the Dynamax feature shows how Pokémon become huge and strong. We really want players to feel the idea of strength come through these games.

Which actually makes sense if you think about it- the irresistable force paradox motif with the two wolves, Dynamax making everything huge and powerful, the entire Galar League tournament being such a huge sports deal for the region further glorifying the Champion beyond what we've seen in any region before... Sword and Shield genuinely was about being the greatest. Even Rose's goal to solve the energy crisis that wouldn't happen for another like thousand years- there's no urgency to that, no benefit to the people currently alive, the only reason to rush into it would be for the sake of solidifying himself as the region's "greatest hero."

Quite a few things since I last posted...

CYNTHIA'S HAIR IN THAT SYGNA OR WHATEVER SUIT THING BAHAHAHA WTF IS THAT.

Someone asked if the three in that picture might show up in Scarlet/Violet: I'm okay with N and the angry scottish meme but gods can Cynthia stay the fuck out of the games for a while. I'm still oversaturated from the past games she's popped up in. Volo instead, he's actually an interesting character to me since he has character beyond 'am best trainer in region. me like ruins and myths. yeehoo'. Sure he likes ruins and myths too, but he has a reason to because he wants to use them to get a grasp around Arceus and how the world it made works.

Decided to make some cleaner visuals and I think my initial estimate was off. It seems there is actually an additional row here, bringing the total to ~150 returning fully evolved pokemon in the dex image.

Still no room for the Eevee line up at the top, though.

It can hold up to 450 pokemon if every pokemon was part of a 3-stage line... which would be ridiculous so definitely considerably less than that. Still looks like this is old pokemon only.

...and I think the little splotch of color in the middle of the bottom row might be Corviknight.
Then again, there looks to be a Grass, Fire, and Water ahead of it and the only line between Corviknight and Inteleon is Greedent so maybe not.

Also realized that if Scyther is in this dex, it'd probably take up two of the hidden Kanto slots.
they seem possible ideas! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom