• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Astro Pantherion

Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him,
Seriously though, if they're gonna keep doing Charizard like this, then we're really going to need a game where you can use all of the burst mechanics because imagine the teams of just charizards and each one has a different burst attached. "Here's my mega charizard, and my Inferno Overdrive charizard, and my Gigantamax charizard, and my--"
Gotta Catch Em All! Pokémon (Charizard Edition!)

blitzle stan

Reaction score
Plus the SwSh reveal video gave us VIDEO of the starters. We don’t even know a single thing about how these new starters move or even what they look like from a different angle. That’s kinda wild.

RexMissingno

Team Rocket's rockin
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Galaxy brain idea: Eevee is in, but not all of its evolutions are, so it does fit the table. Like three are in or something, but not necessarily the same three as Kanto.

(to be clear, this is mostly a joke)
I saw this and my first thought was it only has three new Eeveelutions

ABCD1234

Reaction score
What are the latest rumours? It is still believed that the 9th gen gimmick is the move fusion?

Joker901

Reaction score
Plus the SwSh reveal video gave us VIDEO of the starters. We don’t even know a single thing about how these new starters move or even what they look like from a different angle. That’s kinda wild.
Consider that back in 2016, around this month, all we knew about Sun and Moon from their announcement trailer were the names (and that maybe they were settled in Hawaii even if not officially confirmed). So I guess we were pretty lucky with S/V, we got less info about the starters but we also got a better look at the region than sw/sh.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
REALLY hoping next week is finally time for SV news. It has been pointed out also that there's hidden videos for Unite, with one of them obviously being Delphox's reveal. They revealed Hoopa in the Pokemon Day event, so with Delphox coming on the 6th, it would make sense to do it there. So get that out of the way and move onto a big Scarlet and Violet trailer.

Zeosan

Raihan and Turo’s Masc Spouse
Reaction score
Pronouns
Xe/xem/xyr
REALLY hoping next week is finally time for SV news. It has been pointed out also that there's hidden videos for Unite, with one of them obviously being Delphox's reveal. They revealed Hoopa in the Pokemon Day event, so with Delphox coming on the 6th, it would make sense to do it there. So get that out of the way and move onto a big Scarlet and Violet trailer.

Agreed. It’s pretty wild that we don’t even know the region name or the official in game model of the starters at this point when SwSh revealed all of those back in Pokémon Day in 2019.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Agreed. It’s pretty wild that we don’t even know the region name or the official in game model of the starters at this point when SwSh revealed all of those back in Pokémon Day in 2019.
We didn't actually see in game models of Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey until the June Pokemon Direct in 2019. What we saw on Pokemon Day was CGI footage.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
Though we said the same thing about Espeon and we're still waiting. XD

Still, hoping for it.

Granted SuMo's Pokemon Day announcement only gave us concept art and a WIP look at Pikipek's model... but the next trailer for that came sooner than this one.

Zeosan

Raihan and Turo’s Masc Spouse
Reaction score
Pronouns
Xe/xem/xyr
We didn't actually see in game models of Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey until the June Pokemon Direct in 2019. What we saw on Pokemon Day was CGI footage.
Well, I should’ve clarified and said 3D models rather than in fake models but yes, those are what I mean. I still count those.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
When we finally DO get some news, which I seriously hope is next week and they don't just wait for a Nintendo Direct and do one after it...I imagine the things we'll get will be

• An in game look at Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxley
  • Explanations about how Pokemon will function as an open world game.
  • 4-5 new Pokemon, possibly including the regional rodent, bug, early grass type, and bird.
  • The region's name and map. Please. I love analyzing new region maps.
  • Possibly some details about the whole grape/orange school thing.
The whole regional gimmick is a wild card. For Sun and Moon, we didn't find out about Z-Moves until August, though Sword and Shield gave us info about Dynamax in the first big news drop.

Last edited:

Moonlight~

Gen 9 hype!
Reaction score
Like many have speculated, I’m certain the games will have past/future theme. Especially after looking at the clock in the trailer, I’m pretty sure its design is inspired by the Andalusian era of Spain in the past. Like the attached pic, it’s very similar to the clock from the trailer. I’m a fan of Andalusian style architecture , so I can’t wait to see all the inspiration in the games.

Attachments

• 1653648765093.jpeg
    1653648765093.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Would Volo appear through timetravel? That would make sense for Hisuian Pokémon getting into the game...
I mean he did say "I will CONQUER it! No matter how many years, how many decades, how many centuries it takes me!" so maybe he's got some eternal life situation or something.

Alpine64

egg
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him <3
I mean he did say "I will CONQUER it! No matter how many years, how many decades, how many centuries it takes me!" so maybe he's got some eternal life situation or something.
That would be very interesting. I mean if it's pulled off better than AZ.

Minya_Nouvelle

Excited for Reptiles
Reaction score
It won't happen but it would be really cool if AZ and Volo were rivals and Volo was the king who fought with AZ or something.

Adelon

Swampert's Ghost
Reaction score
We can expect news on June 2nd. It is a Thursday and news about the upcoming generation typically comes out in early June within the first week early into the second week.

Scruffyjay

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any
We can expect news on June 2nd. It is a Thursday and news about the upcoming generation typically comes out in early June within the first week early into the second week.
as far as the first post-release trailers go, that was only for swsh. sun/moon was may on a tuesday. others were earlier

Last edited: