• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
When we finally DO get some news, which I seriously hope is next week and they don't just wait for a Nintendo Direct and do one after it...I imagine the things we'll get will be

• An in game look at Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxley
  • Explanations about how Pokemon will function as an open world game.
  • 4-5 new Pokemon, possibly including the regional rodent, bug, early grass type, and bird.
  • The region's name and map. Please. I love analyzing new region maps.
  • Possibly some details about the whole grape/orange school thing.
The whole regional gimmick is a wild card. For Sun and Moon, we didn't find out about Z-Moves until August, though Sword and Shield gave us info about Dynamax in the first big news drop.

Last edited:

Moonlight~

Gen 9 hype!
Reaction score
Like many have speculated, I’m certain the games will have past/future theme. Especially after looking at the clock in the trailer, I’m pretty sure its design is inspired by the Andalusian era of Spain in the past. Like the attached pic, it’s very similar to the clock from the trailer. I’m a fan of Andalusian style architecture , so I can’t wait to see all the inspiration in the games.

Attachments

• 1653648765093.jpeg
    1653648765093.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Would Volo appear through timetravel? That would make sense for Hisuian Pokémon getting into the game...
I mean he did say "I will CONQUER it! No matter how many years, how many decades, how many centuries it takes me!" so maybe he's got some eternal life situation or something.

Alpine64

egg
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him <3
I mean he did say "I will CONQUER it! No matter how many years, how many decades, how many centuries it takes me!" so maybe he's got some eternal life situation or something.
That would be very interesting. I mean if it's pulled off better than AZ.

Minya_Nouvelle

CEO of NacManInc
Reaction score
It won't happen but it would be really cool if AZ and Volo were rivals and Volo was the king who fought with AZ or something.

Adelon

Swampert's Ghost
Reaction score
We can expect news on June 2nd. It is a Thursday and news about the upcoming generation typically comes out in early June within the first week early into the second week.

Scruffyjay

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any
We can expect news on June 2nd. It is a Thursday and news about the upcoming generation typically comes out in early June within the first week early into the second week.
as far as the first post-release trailers go, that was only for swsh. sun/moon was may on a tuesday. others were earlier

Last edited:

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
as far as the first post-release trailers go, that was only for swsh. sun/moon was may on a tuesday. others were earlier
This is true but they're also not wrong that we usually get a trailer in the first week or so of June.

But really, we've been in "can expect a trailer any day now" mode since mid-May.

geebraprint

Blitzle Stan
Reaction score
Something I forgot, when comparing this cycle to SwSh specifically… really SwSh was announced in 2018 when they announced LGPE (something along the lines of them being hard at work on a brand new main entry for the Switch, at the very end of the LGPE video or whatever).

Meanwhile no one really EXPECTED them to announce SV when they did (I predicted they would, but that’s different than an expectation).

So it makes sense that they showed more during the SwSh reveal than the SV reveal. Everyone had already been waiting for like a year for Gen 8 news, but Gen 9 news was like an exciting surprise.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Something I forgot, when comparing this cycle to SwSh specifically… really SwSh was announced in 2018 when they announced LGPE (something along the lines of them being hard at work on a brand new main entry for the Switch, at the very end of the LGPE video or whatever).

Meanwhile no one really EXPECTED them to announce SV when they did (I predicted they would, but that’s different than an expectation).

So it makes sense that they showed more during the SwSh reveal than the SV reveal. Everyone had already been waiting for like a year for Gen 8 news, but Gen 9 news was like an exciting surprise.
I forgot that SwSh was actually announced in 2018. They announced during a Nintendo Direct that a new main series game was currently in development for the Switch, then revealed it entirely during Pokemon Day 2019.

Also, a large handful genuinely hoped SV wasn't being announced. Not many expected it and merely expected a large DLC update for Legends Arceus. I was genuinely surprised and pretty excited when I found out it was going to be full open world.

Oriden

Reaction score
Everyone in this thread at the moment:

View attachment 160244
Not me. At the moment I'm shaking my head at people making huge reaches elsewhere.

We need news, though, or even just more riddles to pick apart, because we're not far off from someone writing a massive post about how Masuda's lunch photos mean we're getting new mega eeveelutions or some other equally ridiculous reach.

Dizzard

Reaction score
Also, a large handful genuinely hoped SV wasn't being announced. Not many expected it and merely expected a large DLC update for Legends Arceus. I was genuinely surprised and pretty excited when I found out it was going to be full open world.

I don't really get why people didn't expect it. Scarlet/Violet are right on schedule based on the cycle of the previous gens. (we can likely expect gen 10 in 2025 as well) I feel like people had way too much confidence that Game Freak would actually take more time to develop their game this time. What they were basing that confidence on, I have no idea.

Oriden

Reaction score
I don't really get why people didn't expect it. Scarlet/Violet are right on schedule based on the cycle of the previous gens. (we can likely expect gen 10 in 2025 as well) I feel like people had way too much confidence that Game Freak would actually take more time to develop their game this time. What they were basing that confidence on, I have no idea.
A lot of people were convinced that Legends Arceus releasing this year meant that no other pokemon game could release this year (because ten months surely isn't enough time to play Legends Arceus, I guess.)

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I got caught off guard but that's only because I hadn't been paying attention to what time of year it was and also I don't keep track of nintendo directs and things so my brother told me a new pokemon generation was revealed and I about lost my goddang mind from excitement.

The fact that ANOTHER KITTY YAS KITTY STARTER YAS also helped me go feral.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I genuinely didn't want them to announce Gen 9 when they did given that we'll have BS/SP, Legends and now S/V in around a twelve month time span, it's giving me major Pokémon burn-out. :confused: