• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Watch it stand on its front legs or something equally ridiculous instead of going humanoid. Either that, or we're getting cat-centaur after all.

With "some" in there, it implies that at least some of the Pokémon missing from Gen 8 are in the Pokédex. That really should be their first priority though, because keeping a handful of species trapped for at least nine years or more would be too long for most players and would drum up a very anti-consumer image that TPCi should avoid.

Wait, the game isn't finished yet?! I'm kind of worried about the quality of SV now, as this statement makes it seem like Game Freak is rushing Gen 9 out the door.
Probably just finishing touches and localization.

Wait, the game isn't finished yet?! I'm kind of worried about the quality of SV now, as this statement makes it seem like Game Freak is rushing Gen 9 out the door.
Khu might just be saying that because, while it's unlikely it is entirely possible they could choose to add another Pokemon in during the polishing phase they are likely currently in.

We don't know what he means about finished- is it not finished being localized, is his source not finished playtesting, or were they sent an earlier version for localization/testing that may not have everything yet that'll be in the final version?

Considering the "gameplay not final" disclaimer on all of the trailers, it's no surprise that the game isn't finished, but that doesn't mean it's being rushed. Most of the game is obviously finished at this point or we wouldn't have a release date, but they still have time to finish up a few minor details and maybe input a few pokemon here and there.

Personally, I think a company working on a game up to the very last day just shows that they care. Rather than going "welp, that's all we care to do. Whatever is in it, is in it, and whatever looks like fudge, looks like fudge. Time to move on to the next thing." If you've still got time to make it better and squeeze stuff in- do it.

yGfpndc.png

KYQEXkp.png

-------------
40CoTwt.png

What I'm reading is "there's a new form gimmick"- no surprise. Also ugh, more humanoids. Of course.

Yeah, and it would have been a slightly more acceptable permutation of it if it wasn't plagued with the stupid "you have to have already caught it in-game first" requirement.

Plus the fact that I'd be willing to ship a more desired pokemon to the nearest pokemon center gas station doesn't mean that I think the fact that you have to plan on dumping your starter right away is an okay thing.
Lol I feel you Oriden. Let’s just pray at least one of the starters final evolution look good. Or else…. I will run to find myself a Clefairy to act as my starter.

yGfpndc.png

KYQEXkp.png

-------------
40CoTwt.png

What I'm reading is "there's a new form gimmick"- no surprise. Also ugh, more humanoids. Of course.

speculation in regards to those "past and future" forms will probs go up now lol. Kind of happy about this because I'd take something akin to megas over stuff like z moves and dynamax (though I guess g-max was effectively another take on mega evo as well).

I still feel like the star symbol/type circle thing is seperate so maybe we get a new battle mechanic + a form change mechanic this gen?

speculation in regards to those "past and future" forms will probs go up now lol. Kind of happy about this because I'd take something akin to megas over stuff like z moves and dynamax (though I guess g-max was effectively another take on mega evo as well).

I still feel like the star symbol/type circle thing is seperate so maybe we get a new battle mechanic + a form change mechanic this gen?
I think it's just going to be like what Gmax was to Dynamax, only for the "3 type" gimmick instead.

Would you like a permanent form change (kinda like RF) or a device or something where you can switch it to either future or past form? (Kinda like megas but with forms instead of evolutions)
Interesting question! I think it'd make more sense if it were permanent, but I think gamefreak would do the temporary battle type thing they've been doing. I guess I don't have a specific preference though

I am realizing that I feel incredibly bored so far with this news cycle... Khu's stuff is fine as supplementary info, albeit vague and mediocre compared to his PLA hints, but TPC itself hasn't carried the brunt of news still. It's frustrating that we're two trailers in and the hype still hasn't really kicked off.

TPC just like "Guys, there's a lot of grass and dirt and trees and three buildings and you can invite your friends!"

Thanks TPC. We could also play Minecraft with a bunch more people and every known pokemon, though, so what else you got?

Back
Top Bottom