• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I don't know, Charizard was and is extremely popular as well and it didn't seem to turn every following starter into a similar design.
Plus despite being so well liked GameFreak don't really push Greninja that much. It got an anime tie-in ability for Sun/Moon and that's about it. They never even made it to gen 8.
That's pretty much tradition for every Starter (except Charizard and Venusaur/Blastoise to a lesser extent) to be tossed to the side after their Generation is over tho (Decidueye in PLA notwithstanding)

@Sprigatito fans

Someone on 4chan posted this "This was posted on https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-ca/pokemon/gasprout/ but it was instantly deleted. I downloaded the png off the site too. There was nothing other than the name and the picture." (I'm not buying it)

1655049663499.png

@Sprigatito fans

Someone on 4chan posted this "This was posted on https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-ca/pokemon/gasprout/ but it was instantly deleted. I downloaded the png off the site too. There was nothing other than the name and the picture." (I'm not buying it)

Yeah, that just looks like they put an elongated version of the starter’s face on an Arcanine’s body and only really drew (very badly) arms and legs. I’m not buying it for a second.

@Sprigatito fans

What fake pokemon artist doesn't understand is pokemon evolution is not just pokemon getting bigger. There is a concept that evolves with the design or a brand new concept incorporated into the design. Of course, there are some outliers such as torracat but most of the time evolutions are almost unpredictable because of their distinct nature. This is just a bigger sprigatito. Even the artwork quality was up to part with GF standards, I would never say that this is real.

I'll give you the hoodie but monkeys and other primates also have prehensile hands (though ironically none of the monkey Pokemon have hands) so I won't count that as a human trait.
This is true—but birds aren’t primates and don’t have prehensile hands, so it stands out far more to make decidueye look humanoid

@Sprigatito fans

Pfft...come on people. At least make the background transparent or say "I took this screenshot" instead of "I downloaded the PNG." That's not what a PNG saved from the website looks like.

Also I like how the only fake evolutions we've been getting the most of are like Sprigatito and Fuecoco. No love for Quaxly. Quaxly is a mystery and nobody can figure out what a duck will turn into.

Pfft...come on people. At least make the background transparent or say "I took this screenshot" instead of "I downloaded the PNG." That's not what a PNG saved from the website looks like.

Also I like how the only fake evolutions we've been getting the most of are like Sprigatito and Fuecoco. No love for Quaxly. Quaxly is a mystery and nobody can figure out what a duck will turn into.
I think I've seen more Quaxly than Sprigatito... actually the trend I've been seeing is mostly good evo art for Fuecoco, amateur evo art for Quaxly, and joke/really bad evo art for Sprigatito.

Nah, there was at least one fake Quaxly many pages back. I've seen a couple of speculations elsewhere too. It's just most of them aren't too different from each other conceptually (navy/pirate duck maybe with some Don Quixote influence, or sometimes a matador) so they aren't terribly interesting to speculate about imo.

I’ve gone for the water starter the last 3 gens and was wondering if this game would break that and bring me back to team Grass, because Quaxly gave me big Scorbunny vibes and I can easily see it being the “masculine” one.

But its beauty shot of fixing its hair in slo-mo in that pond was amazing, and made me really like it. Lol But maybe with Sprigatito being “bait” (ugh at the term), they plan to evolve that trait of Quaxly’s into annoying “show-off macho” vibes instead of “diva duck”, which would likely bring me back to team Grass.

Unless Fuecoco surprises me and brings me to team Fire for the first time ever? Looking forward to what Khu has to say about it.

Back
Top Bottom