• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Decidueye, I see. Greninja technically counts but his limbs are too unnaturally thin and he looks more like an alien than a human.

I don't think they're adhering to any pattern with the starters in terms of gender or even body type- that's a weaker fan theory than the zodiac.

Delphox isn't even really feminine, for one thing- it is briefly pretty girly in the second stage but shifts back to a gender neutral when it evolves. Any assertions otherwise are grossly stereotyping a non-macho figure as "feminine" rather than "androgynous" and overlooking that the "skirt" is just as much part of the classic wizard garb-

61114413-wizard-and-magic-wand-isolated-on-white-.jpg

Serperior is also frequently given the "feminine" label despite being based on snooty aristocrats-

male-french-aristocrat-595353.jpg

^ as a woman, I am kind of offended to be associated with this.

Honestly weird to me what people think counts as being female. If it isn't super macho or sporty, it must be a woman, huh?

And speaking of an actually feminine starter- let's not kid ourselves. Just because Primarina doesn't have legs doesn't make it less humanoid.

tumblr_ogna0ssv551rv6iido2_540.gifv

If cartoons have taught me anything, its that one does not have to be humanoid to make human-like movements. I mean, have you watched Scooby Doo? Scooby does some very human things despite being very not human.

If cartoons have taught me anything, its that one does not have to be humanoid to make human-like movements. I mean, have you watched Scooby Doo? Scooby does some very human things despite being very not human.
Which makes it really unnecessary for Game Freak to be giving clothes and enhanced human traits to every one of the starters generation after generation. They can gesture just fine without being people.

My point was that Primarina was not a person, just an intelligent seal wearing clothes.

And now my headcanon is that if Primarina could talk it would talk like Scooby Doo. Thanks for that.

i am remembering again now that,although there was a fake leak which said Megas were coming back including a fake list,

Khu also has referenced Megas, i think saying ( i will try looking back through the pages of this thread to find it myself but i know that it exists!! :) :) ) that there is sort of a new approach to it?? That would be very good!!

I’d say that Gen 7 was the only generation with specifically femme or masc final forms- Primarina being feminine, Incineroar being masculine, and Decidueye being neither.

Which is funny because the next gen we got three starters that are all exactly the same in almost every way, seemingly purposefully (even look at the base stages- all three have big round heads attached to oval bodies, and people made connections to the Powerpuff girls for that reason).

If Sprigatito is feminine (we’ll see if Khu’s interpretation is true or if this is a Delphox situation where it’s literally just a non gendered witch/wizard), then I wonder if they made one of the other two masculine like in Gen 7.

i am remembering again now that,although there was a fake leak which said Megas were coming back including a fake list,

Khu also has referenced Megas, i think saying ( i will try looking back through the pages of this thread to find it myself but i know that it exists!! :) :) ) that there is sort of a new approach to it?? That would be very good!!
I'd assume he means the mechanic works similar to megas - a hold item that changes the pokemon's form in battle.

I'd assume he means the mechanic works similar to megas - a hold item that changes the pokemon's form in battle.

that would be very good :) :)

The Pokemons' artwork on the official site all have that flowing motif around them.

smoliv.png

I partially think it is simply a design to make the website more special, but, it also could be referencing the sort of "energetic space" where a third type would fit!!

I blame the Anime for Delphox and kinda Serperior are seen as feminine

Serena's Fenniken Now Delphox is Female and it is not helped by the fact that EVERY Delphox Trainer shown in the Anime is also a Female (Serena, Ariana, that Lady from the Diancie Movie, Malva in the Manga, etc)

Serperior is also frequently given the "feminine" label despite being based on snooty aristocrats-

male-french-aristocrat-595353.jpg

Actually the big reason why Serperior is seen as feminine (besides Ash's Snivy and Poke Park's Snivy) is because it is apparently based on Lady Oscar from "The Rose of Versailles" -- a 1970's manga starring a woman raised as a man to follow her father's footsteps as leader of the French Palace Guards.

ELpDA_hUwAAQHQR.jpg

Also explains the Fleur De Lis designs on Serperior

I don't think they're adhering to any pattern with the starters in terms of gender or even body type- that's a weaker fan theory than the zodiac.

Delphox isn't even really feminine, for one thing- it is briefly pretty girly in the second stage but shifts back to a gender neutral when it evolves. Any assertions otherwise are grossly stereotyping a non-macho figure as "feminine" rather than "androgynous" and overlooking that the "skirt" is just as much part of the classic wizard garb-

Honestly weird to me what people think counts as being female. If it isn't super macho or sporty, it must be a woman, huh?

And speaking of an actually feminine starter- let's not kid ourselves. Just because Primarina doesn't have legs doesn't make it less humanoid.
No. The zodiac theory isn't weak.

So can we talk about Fuecoco for a bit?

download.jpeg

So we know this thing is gonna evolve into a Ghost Type right?

Well considering that has never been a bad designed Ghost Type Pokemon in existence. I am very curious to see how Fuecoco will turn out

(Seriously I dare you guys to name me ONE Ghost Type Pokemon that looks bad lol)

We know Ghosts can come in a variety of different ways. And the Cocollona theory seems to be the most popular.

Also do you guys notice that Fuecoco has very similar eyes to Rowlet's?

Back
Top Bottom