• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

in actuality, as a Ghost, I don't hate it, it just sucks for Typhlosion

Yes :O A Fire/Water hotspring inspired Typhlosion would have been best i think, but, that would probably not have been as likely a type combo for a fully evolved starter!! it could have been mono Fire i guess!!
A Fire/Ice snow-covered caldera inspired one would also have been incredible!!

Strange coincidence that only Fire starters have this high amount of perfect matches with the chinese zodiac.
It’s really not that strange at all, especially for the Water Types which are typically creatures which can be found in or near water which is at odds with the Chinese Zodiac mainly comprising of land based mammals.

What’s funny is that in some alternate versions of the zodiac, the Dragon is replaced with...a crocodile. :ROFLMAO:

Calling it now

Quaxly will be a Speedy Mixed Physical Attacker

Sprigatito will be a Speedy Special Attacker

Fuecoco will be a Slow Bulky Mixed Attacker

Do people really dislike Hisuian Typhlosion?

I admit it does look kinda akward without the Flames but the Pink Flames really brings the design together imo

Now Hisuian Decidueye on the other hand.... Let's not get into that one
A lot of people like Stonerphlosion, but I was really disappointed by it. Adding Ghost has so much cool potential and instead they just made it look sleepy and slapped on some flames that look like they were colored in by a toddler with MS Paint (by which I mean the color choice and placement, not literally).

We could have had cool flames not bleeding flames? Red does not go there. I know Game Freak doesn't have a great track record with coloring flames properly but red does not go there.

Given how we already have Dragons as the Box Art Legendaries I find Fuecoco becoming one to be unlikely tbh
That is an interesting point.

Looking at each generation, none of the final evolution of the Starters match their respective Cover Legendaries in species or appearances. Gen 3 didn't have an orca or kaiju for a Starter, Gen 4 didn't have a sauropod or theropod inspired dragon, Gen 5 had no dragons period, Gen 6 didn't have a deer or bird of any kind, Gen 7 didn't have a bat or lion, and Gen 8 didn't have wolves.

It may be a coincidence, but it would make sense to avoid species overlap with what are going to be their most promoted Pokemon of their generation. So it's very possible that Fuecoco would not be draconic to differentiate it from Koraidon and Miraidon in marketing.
I don't buy the Zodiac theory but I'm just saying...

One of the Animals in the Zodiac is a Bull

Bull Crocodiles are a thing....

There are bull dolphins too so I don't think that's a good counterpoint. If anything it makes the Zodiac theory feel even more of a stretch if you have to reach that far to connect the two.

Errybody gotta stop associating things with pot good lord xD My boi aint high he's sleepy! Like me... poor creature. Always tired. Can't sleep more than 3 to 4 hours at a time because whyyyyyyy.

I just realized that Primarina actually breaks my water type curse in that I would actually use it in a nuzlocke run! Popplio is adorable. Brionne is sweet. Primarina is very pretty!

He's my good boy. I just wish I could remember what I named him... I caught so many pokemon in that game that I can't remember the names of any of my pokemon @-@ except machoke because I always name the Machop line 'Stud' because of a running gag my girlfriend and I have (who else remembers that official pokemon thing with girls obsessed with Machamp?). ...also I named an alpha one Chad and an alpha machamp Gigachad. And a shiny machoke Raphael. ...Why do I only remember these ones.

incineroar judges me silently

Shut up I remember what I nicknamed you, Neon Tiger. You can't fight them they have a type advantage.

You are right. So let's compare to the other starter groups, that are also common animals. In a statictics point of view, if there is no pattern and zodiac signs are so common, we should find the same amount.
Grass starters: 3/9 (Snivy for snake, Grookey for monkey, Sprigatito for tiger) perfect matches.
Water starters: 0/9 perfect matches.
Strange coincidence that only Fire starters have this high amount of perfect matches with the chinese zodiac.
i mean, it's only really a coincidence if you presuppose your conclusion. for instance, it makes sense that no water starter would line up with the zodiac since water starters are generally amphibious to some degree, whereas the zodiac is almost entirely land dwellers. that leaves us with 2/3 of Fire starters and 1/3 of Grass starters lining with the zodiac. at that amount of overlap, it would appear that no, they're not directly inspired by the zodiac.

I personally like H-Typhlosion, I do wish they did more with the design so that it differentiated a little more from the original, but I think the way they used the collar for the ghostly wisps was pretty nice.
Speaking of Dogs...

I have a question.

How did you guys feel about Zacian and Zamazenta?

And how do you guys feel about Koraidon and Miraidon by comparison? :unsure:
As of now, I prefer Koraidon and Miraidon, but I'll admit recency bias may be playing a factor.

Zacian was basically Pokemon Sif to me, it looked great and while the sword was a little awkward, I do think the rest of the design works well. It definitely gets the impression of a wolf knight across and overall it's pretty successful to me. Zamazenta was also cool, but I do agree with complaints that the way the shield is implemented in its design is not as well done. A shield is not as practical when your face is in the middle of it, and the poor thing basically has a bullseye of a shield due to that. Admittedly I'm not sure how they could've done it better as having a shield on a four-legged beast doesn't have many workable alternatives, but it's still a flaw.

Koraidon has a similar issue to Zamazenta, but I'm not as bothered by the wheel with it as I am with Zamazenta. Even ignoring the difference between a wheel and a shield's function, it taking cues from fan-throated lizards, which also have fans that are just as large as its wheel, makes it work better for me since it has a reference in the natural world. I also like the rest of the design like the crest, the horns, the plumage at the back, and so on, which give it a feel of a strong warrior. Miraidon's 'wheel' works better in the design, but also I do like how they did the futuristic dragon feel with it and that they went more serpentine with its design so that it can differentiate from other dragons and integrate the hoverbike motif well.

Back
Top Bottom