• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I wish I could say I cared about the new coin objectmon as an objectmon enthusiast... But I can't say I am too invested in it.

dipper-angry.gif

Man, the thing that bugs me the most about Fuecoco_3 being fake is that means the chances of getting a Cocollona Pokémon are next to nill despite the fact that it’s a crocodile ‘mon in PokéSpain.

If Fuecoco’s real final evolution just ends up representing a ghost pepper or something else lame I will be real annoyed at the wasted opportunity. :annoyedVoltorb:
Hear me out

A Regional Krookodile variant

This image convinces me even more we need to go back to the pixel art Pokemon party sprites, the PLA mons stand out like a sore thumb!
Gawd yeah, I am hoping they'll do it for SV because trying to squeeze them on there has been a pain. Hisuian Zoroark especially is the worst- I really could have used a sprite for that one.

I wish I could say I cared about the new coin objectmon as an objectmon enthusiast... But I can't say I am too invested in it.
This comment is gold.

.... ;D

i'm pondering the three type concept again!!

With Khu's original riddle, everyone here seemed to solve it to being specifically about three types.

An item that would temporarily add a type to any one Pokemon could be too OP, and, for single typed mons it also wouldn't result in three types!! it seems like that might not be what it meant.

Khu did recently mention megas as a reference point:
So perhaps after two Gens of special battle phenomena/gimmicks that were available for every Pokemon, this time it might be, as with Megas, form changes that only some Pokemon receive??

I don't think they will go back to the burst gimmick being applicable to only a select few pokemon again. That was a problem with Megas and why we've seen them create mechanics that can apply to every pokemon so people can use their favorites instead of a select few chosen based on popularity and whatever they could come up with for a cool design.

I expect it will be some sort of mechanic that adds types, and a few pokemon may acquire new forms from it, like Gmax.

Yes!! :) i think i would prefer that!

I do wonder, i guess Landorus is a simple example, if the new mechanic could just add an Ice type to it, for any longer than a single turn, that would be more powerful than any mechanic from the previous Gens.

There must be an interesting twist to what three types means that keeps it balanced!! Hopefully Khu will let us know somehow!! :D :)

Yes!! :) i think i would prefer that!

I do wonder, i guess Landorus is a simple example, if the new mechanic could just add an Ice type to it, for any longer than a single turn, that would be more powerful than any mechanic from the previous Gens.

There must be an interesting twist to what three types means that keeps it balanced!! Hopefully Khu will let us know somehow!! :D :)
Well he did say that he'd tease the new "mega" gimmick in August/September- I read that as meaning the "Gmax" to SV's "Dynamax" mechanic. So we'll probably hear about the main type mechanic either from him or from TPC sometime between now and August.

I still think the third type thing will be a Hidden Power-like thing where each Pokémon has an individual value that determines what the third type will be when the gimmick is activated in battle.

Not that I WANT that, but it’s definitely something they would do. It makes the mechanic farmable just like raids (finding and catching a lot of one species until you get the one with the third type you want) and also like g-max if they do special forms ONLY for a certain type (like, only Charizard with Dragon as its third type will form change, as an obvious example).

I would only be okay with this if they include a method for changing your Pokémon’s third type via item in the BASE GAME (looking disappointingly at you, g-max soup in the IoA).

I still think the third type thing will be a Hidden Power-like thing where each Pokémon has an individual value that determines what the third type will be when the gimmick is activated in battle.

Not that I WANT that, but it’s definitely something they would do. It makes the mechanic farmable just like raids (finding and catching a lot of one species until you get the one with the third type you want) and also like g-max if they do special forms ONLY for a certain type (like, only Charizard with Dragon as its third type will form change, as an obvious example).

I would only be okay with this if they include a method for changing your Pokémon’s third type via item in the BASE GAME (looking disappointingly at you, g-max soup in the IoA).
I think it'll probably be something you can choose and attach like Z-moves, considering the star crystal item teased in the Japanese logo.

I think it'll probably be something you can choose and attach like Z-moves, considering the star crystal item teased in the Japanese logo.
I certainly hope so, but the success of Dynamax raids as a way for Nintendo to keep people interested in and playing SwSh well after release has me worried. lol Something farmable as events, especially with the multiplayer aspect to SV, seems so likely.

“Oh! From November 18 to January 1, (alpha equivalent) Charizard with the Dragon-type (gimmick name) will be appearing more often in (route name)! Meet up with your friends to challenge it, and if you defeat and catch it, you can (form change gimmick name) the Charizard during battle!”

That seems like it would work to keep the type balance stable also, if not every type was available for each Pokemon??

All of the special battle phenomena since Megas have always been very visually interesting, so that can also become a clue to help with guessing what this Gen's phenomenon might be. Adding an elaborate colorful aura seems too limited compared to the previous ones (although it would be fine!). I think that the Pokemon themselves must do something!! :) :)

Looks like we do indeed have another trailer coming in two weeks. The official Pokemon twitter is doing one of those "visit the region of" type of things and right now they are on Alola. Two trailers in June. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom