• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Got rid of the usual Centro insult for everyone's sake

1655399767226.png

Khu is vulgar. There's no excusing that. But being vulgar and being a jerk are slightly different things even if they usually go hand in hand.
this is much closer to being a jerk, essentially saying that people with autism are idiots, than it is just to just being vulgar, like if he had said 'dumbassery' instead of 'autism'

either way, i dont know the guy. i dont really care either way. im excited to see the leaks that hes bumping up

A lot of people in that twitter thread also talking over autistic people and saying it's fine. Didn't really expect anything else from the internet though. It's good he apologized but I'd prefer he also remove the tweet, sigh

Better if he keeps the tweet up, since else people are gonna say: What did he apologize for exactly? This way, people can see why he did it.

this is much closer to being a jerk, essentially saying that people with autism are idiots, than it is just to just being vulgar, like if he had said 'dumbassery' instead of 'autism'

either way, i dont know the guy. i dont really care either way. im excited to see the leaks that hes bumping up
He was implying that the people who make the fake leaks have autism, not the people asking if the fake leaks are real.

Either way, I agree it's grossly inappropriate to use it outside a medical context. Its just that jerk implies he intentionally wants to make people upset and it doesn't really come off as malicious, just extremely ignorant.

Some people classify Munna as a pig too
Yeah, but unfortunately those people are wrong, as Munna and Musharna are actually based on a dream-eating youkai called the Baku (which the Drowzee line is also based on), and by pure coincidence, the real-life animal that the Baku resembles the closest is actually the Tapir (so much so that its Japanese name is the same as the Baku). Though Munna's body shape and pink coloration do bring piggy banks to mind, so I guess it's not the most outlandish thing to think of it as a pig.

I mean, it certainly makes more sense than calling Whismur a rabbit.

He was implying that the people who make the fake leaks have autism, not the people asking if the fake leaks are real.

Either way, I agree it's grossly inappropriate to use it outside a medical context. Its just that jerk implies he intentionally wants to make people upset and it doesn't really come off as malicious, just extremely ignorant.
You can attribute part of it being that English is not his first language in regards to what he meant. Still not nice though. Ignorant, very likely. At the same time, when it comes to Khu being a jerk, I disagree. He may have just come off as ignorant here, but there have been times when he's come off as a jerk. I mean when people called him out on his unnecessary and childish insults towards Centro, he basically told them, don't like it, leave. Plus all the petty insults in general do make him look like a jerk.

We have :wynaut: which is commonly used as a "laugh", do you have any ideas as to what would be good other than that?

Mm, in Japanese "dog" is kinda a rude way to like, refer to someone I guess? That sounds odd but I mean "what's up, dog" (if localized incorrectly) would be really weird. So something similar??

And as for the "autism" thing, that's really really rude. Nice that he apologized, and hopefully he realizes that uh that's probably not good to say.

So he's bumping up leaks I suppose? thanks?
Unovan Zorua would be a good representative for a "laugh" as its commonly known to be a trickster, but if not Unovan Zorua then maybe a member of the Gastly line? I'd recommend Gengar because of its grin.

I don't mean to analyze Khu's psychology. It's just that I personally have a weird thing with words. I don't like the word jerk in general. It's sharp and pointy and weird and dark and kind of bitter.

I would rather go with any number of other words. Asshat or something.

To me, Eclipse is the jerk because he continues to pretend like he has inside information when he doesn't. He leads people on and covers up his lies with more lies.

Calling them both jerks just feels weird to me.

I apologize for getting so obsessed with it. I will try to stop now.

Who's Eclipse?
He's on Twitter. He pretends to be a leaker or know leakers, but he's gotten several major things wrong but he still has a major following and continues to say things like they're truth and not speculation.

Pretty sure he's occasionally reinforced the myth that real leakers sometimes mix in fake info too. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom