• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Not to mention that the “apology” he made is racist and misogynistic too. I’d say the majority of r/PokeLeaks are justified in being angry/upset at him over that, and he deserve to be called out for it.
Okay, maybe it's the poor sleep I've been having for these past days frying my memory, but what exactly was this "racist and misogynistic" apology that Khu made?

Okay, maybe it's the poor sleep I've been having for these past days frying my memory, but what exactly was this "racist and misogynistic" apology that Khu made?
Picture of a black woman with white hair (I assume resembling a gym leader, based on the context) with one of his usual Centro insults saying how Centro's female genitalia is darkening.

I don't really get the racism or misogyny in it unless it's just the reference to female genitalia becoming dark. Pretty sure that's just a thing that actually happens and doesn't really come across as hateful toward women as far as I can tell, so I'm not seeing the misogyny part of it. Can't speak about the racism because if I do, I'm sure someone's going to cut me down for being white and not being allowed to have any opinion on that.

Picture of a black woman with white hair (I assume resembling a gym leader, based on the context) with one of his usual Centro insults saying how Centro's female genitalia is darkening.

I don't really get the racism or misogyny in it unless it's just the reference to female genitalia becoming dark. Pretty sure that's just a thing that actually happens and doesn't really come across as hateful toward women as far as I can tell, so I'm not seeing the misogyny part of it. Can't speak about the racism because if I do, I'm sure someone's going to cut me down for being white and not being allowed to have any opinion on that.
Okay, that's slightly better than what I first thought. For a second, I thought him drawing fake white hair on the woman or him saying something about her voice being soul/soulless was what made him racist and misogynistic (since the insult was censored here and the subreddit is having so much of fit over Khu that I'd rather not touch it for a few days).

Still, considering that he basically called Centro a... ahem, a whore in those olive/chick riddles, I'd much rather take it as a continuation of those types of insults, rather than him comparing Centro to a black woman to dunk on him and show how much he hates him. Grated, they're immature and vulgar and I'm sure it'd be better for everyone if he stopped with this pettiness, but calling him racist and misogynistic is a bit extreme.

He/she nailed it..

1655577070667.jpeg

I don't know if it would help anyone's opinion any, but what Khu expressed to me is that people can act however they want as long as they're just memeing and not being harmful to others. So he doesn't really intend to hurt people, hence that gesture of apology. And I think he voiced it well enough here- "Regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex and age, we all enjoy the pokemon franchise, together and forever."

As for the vulgarity, and I actually had someone back this up by citing another case in which a leaker put the n-word on everything, leakers may use vulgar language to limit the spread of leaks so news sources are less likely to report on them.

So if it seems like I'm overly forgiving of Khu, that's why. I understand the intent isn't as bad as it looks.

This is "new objectmon" month, so... no, he/she did not?
Also 108 is more likely a reference to Spiritomb. And thus, cell would be more likely a reference to zygarde.
New objectmon doesn't exactly rule out the possibility of a Klefki evolution or the new objectmon having some other relationship to Klefki, though.

Also makes more sense than trying to figure out what anything has to do with Spiritomb wisps, Zygarde cells, and literal piss.

I feel like Khu would not have called it "new pokemon" if it was more specifically a cross-gen evolution.
Also the background. It looks like a continuation of the 3-stage riddle which potential solution is "coin". Maybe the new objectmon is a Treasure pokemon that needs to collect coins. Or that a coin Pokemon evolving into a Treasure.
Maybe there is a connection with Klefki, because of the "key" parts, but not a RF.

I'm feeling like Klefki's the most likely answer to this riddle but what exactly that means, haven't narrowed that down. Maybe Klefki or a regional Klefki evolves into a treasure chest of coins, maybe Klefki are hoarding keys you need to unlock chests that coinmon pop out of. The latter sounds like it would be a cool feature, and may not be too unlike the Unown in Legends: Arceus.

Not quite, it seems to be related.
But I thought the coin-mon was the entirely new objectmon and not RF related?

Or is he just alluding to a chest Pokémon (Mimic)? What with keys to open them and all that.

But I thought the coin-mon was the entirely new objectmon and not RF related?

Or is he just alluding to a chest Pokémon (Mimic)? What with keys to open them and all that.
Well, I am sure that the coinmon itself isn't an RF or he would have said so. I don't think it quite rules out any relationship with Klefki, though. Probably not an evolution of Klefki since I think Khu referred to it as a new objectmon line? But it could be something like a Corsola/Mareanie situation where one summons the other. Or it could be like the Unown in Legends, except that you have to hunt down Klefki to get the keys to unlock chests from which coinmon pops out.

Very interesting, all of this, let's hope we get to see some new Pokémon in a trailer soon.

Okay, that's slightly better than what I first thought. For a second, I thought him drawing fake white hair on the woman or him saying something about her voice being soul/soulless was what made him racist and misogynistic (since the insult was censored here and the subreddit is having so much of fit over Khu that I'd rather not touch it for a few days).

Still, considering that he basically called Centro a... ahem, a whore in those olive/chick riddles, I'd much rather take it as a continuation of those types of insults, rather than him comparing Centro to a black woman to dunk on him and show how much he hates him. Grated, they're immature and vulgar and I'm sure it'd be better for everyone if he stopped with this pettiness, but calling him racist and misogynistic is a bit extreme.
Yeah… nah, no. I don’t think it’s “extreme” to say that Khu is racist and misogynistic, and it’s hella uncomfortable to see people get weirdly defensive about people like Khu being accountable, especially as someone who has to go through with so much misogyny, and was called various of misogynistic slurs that are used in those exact method of insure and harassment that Khu was doing for a long time toward Centro. Some BIPOC people from r/PokeLeaks have spoke up on why his “apology” is racist too, and I’m not buying the argument at all that it’s “extreme.” Yikes.
I don't know if it would help anyone's opinion any, but what Khu expressed to me is that people can act however they want as long as they're just memeing and not being harmful to others. So he doesn't really intend to hurt people, hence that gesture of apology. And I think he voiced it well enough here- "Regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex and age, we all enjoy the pokemon franchise, together and forever."

As for the vulgarity, and I actually had someone back this up by citing another case in which a leaker put the n-word on everything, leakers may use vulgar language to limit the spread of leaks so news sources are less likely to report on them.

So if it seems like I'm overly forgiving of Khu, that's why. I understand the intent isn't as bad as it looks.
The problem with the concept of “memeing” is that you shouldn’t have to punch down on marginalized folks, and it does not justify the insults and harassment toward Centro at all. It does most justify anyone getting bullied at all. But sure… justify the misogyny, ableism, and racism by shielding it as a “joke,” I guess. It’s not a good look at all, and I don’t think you (and rest of people weirdly defending someone like Khu for their awful behavior) truly get why those kind of things are very hurtful for marginalized folks like us, and why we don’t feel as safe around in different spaces.

This is all I have to say on this matter, and I’m not interested in continuing this discussion, mainly because it’s very weird frustrating for me having to see some people continue to enable this kind of behavior when it really affects a lot of us. Please don’t get defensive about it, and actually listen to why this affects the people that are part of those marginalized groups.

Back
Top Bottom