• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I think it'd be cool if there's a coin Pokemon and you have to collect a certain amount of non-Poke coins to evolve it into a treasure chest mon.

XD As much as I am a dog-lover... I think Puudle's ugly and a hell of an uninspired design anyway. For a water dog, they could do better.

Well, maybe not ugly, but bland and not cute or cool or interesting.
That’s harsh :(

That’s harsh :(
XD Well maybe if it looked less like a muppet...

Literally-

Barkley_tumblr.png

Last edited:
Collecting zygarde cells in SM
Collecting stickers in USUM
I can't remember any thing like that in LGEP
Collecting diglet in Isle of Armor
Collecting footprints in Crown Tundra
Collecting wisps in LA

This is a new trend of GF to make the games fuller and longer than they are I think. So it is definitely possible for us to collect other things in SV.
Definitely seems to be a new recurring thing for them.

Don't forget that there were two in LA: the wisps and the Unown. Collecting wisps kinda sucked but collecting Unown kinda ruled. Fingers crossed we get hints for their locations like the latter.

Ignoring the Centro comment, if my memory of Steins Gate is right then that was the little Gatcha toy that Mayumi lost and when he eventually finds it for her, Rintarou stumbles across Kurisu’s murder.

So my only thought as of right now would be that the Gatcha relates to the object-mon in some fashion. Either that or it’s just a random scene from Steins Gate to indicate we’ll be time travelling I guess.

Or there'll be a random Gacha mechanic. Maybe they saw that Kirby got away with it without it even being mentioned on the rating and decided to go for it themselves.

Or there'll be a random Gacha mechanic. Maybe they saw that Kirby got away with it without it even being mentioned on the rating and decided to go for it themselves.
I really hope main series Pokémon doesn’t go that route. They’ve already got a dubious reputation with Dexit and exploiting it through Pokémon Home; at least drum up some good PR first before you pull something like that. Then again, the franchise was based on Gatchapon machines, so…

That being said, Game Freak most likely would avoid this for the same reason they removed the Game Corner; EU’s gambling laws would up the rating if TPCi tried to pull something like that.

It might not. Like I mentioned, Forgotten Land's rating on pegi's site doesn't even mention the Gacha capsules and also had the same age rating most modern Pokemon games have (PEGI-7).

what is gacha
“A gatcha game is a video game that implements the gatcha (toy vending machine) mechanic. Similar to loot boxes, gatcha games induce players to spend in-game currency to receive a random virtual item. The in-game currency can be gained by game play, or by purchasing it from the game publisher using real-world funds. Most of these games are free-to-play (F2P) mobile games, where the gatcha serves as an incentive to spend real-world money.”

Last edited:
It is however important to note that there are plenty of cases of games with Gacha that you can't spend real life money on, think Kirby and the forgotten land or Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Back
Top Bottom