• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
What does regional fake even mean?
I've seen two major schools of thought, depending on which of the two words you place the emphasis on:
  • Regional Fake - Which would be referring to the "mimic" of this Gen, a 'mon that hides itself as an item only to attack you when you try to pick it up like Voltorb and others did in the past.
  • Regional Fake - A 'mon (or series of 'mons) that are artificial variants of other Pokémon, potentially replacing the Regional Variants of the last two Gens. People seem to base this on the idea of Miraidon looking like an artificial version of Koraidon.
Personally I don't lean strongly one way or another. I just hope the normal Regional Variants are still in because I loved that concept.

Minya_Nouvelle

Excited for Reptiles
Reaction score
Regional Fake - A 'mon (or series of 'mons) that are artificial variants of other Pokémon, potentially replacing the Regional Variants of the last two Gens. People seem to base this on the idea of Miraidon looking like an artificial version of Koraidon.

For me, I also base this on the fact that Khu originally said it was a "riveting" new RF.

Riveting of course means exciting, but it could also be considered a pun for something that has rivets.

He emphasized his use of the word in his post talking about the diglett, so I think it should be considered a clue.

blitzle stan

Reaction score
I can’t get behind the “artificial variant” concept for many reasons:

1. That leans 100% toward the future/Violet and has zero balance with the past/Scarlet in terms of new designs.
2. Miraidon is not an artificial variant of Koraidon because it’s its own species and not Regional Koraidon, meaning anything based around their concepts would also be a new species and not a variant.
2. “a riveting new RF” implies it’s not a new concept, just a new one of the RFs.

It’s a Diglett that only has the top of its head sticking out (like Alolan Diglett in the Isle of Armor) and it shoots up like geyser (in motion, not in being a water type) and attacks you if you try to pick it up like an item.

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
I can’t get behind the “artificial variant” concept for many reasons:

1. That leans 100% toward the future/Violet and has zero balance with the past/Scarlet in terms of new designs.
2. Miraidon is not an artificial variant of Koraidon because it’s its own species and not Regional Koraidon, meaning anything based around their concepts would also be a new species and not a variant.
2. “a riveting new RF” implies it’s not a new concept, just a new one of the RFs.

It’s a Diglett that only has the top of its head sticking out (like Alolan Diglett in the Isle of Armor) and it shoots up like geyser (in motion, not in being a water type) and attacks you if you try to pick it up like an item.
Yeah, regional forms already set a good precedent; Especially Galar (with regional evolutions) and Hisui (with the concept blurring between regional evolutions and regular, new evolutions). The latter also using Pokémon that 'used-to-be'.

This would make past-forms kind of redundant. Having some kind of new form would set a precedent for future generations, with the current one (regional forms) not even at its height yet. It would be unnecessary bloat. Would it also be temporary, like Mega and G-max forms? Or not (like regional evolutions)? Just, ugh.

I don't see it being a good idea, to be honest. Let's stick to 'normal' Pokémon and regional forms, first. Other unique forms are always welcome (Shaymin Sky Forme, Oricorio forms, etc.), don't get me wrong, but to base a whole mechanic-like concept on them, again? No, please. Enough kinds of (temporary) forms.

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Regional Fake - A 'mon (or series of 'mons) that are artificial variants of other Pokémon, potentially replacing the Regional Variants of the last two Gens. People seem to base this on the idea of Miraidon looking like an artificial version of Koraidon.
This seems much more interesting to me than just some pokemon that mimics something else. So I hope this is correct.

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
This seems much more interesting to me than just some pokemon that mimics something else. So I hope this is correct.
I don't want a replacement of regional forms/evolutions. Also, Miraidon and Koraidon aren't regional variants of each other.

Also: 'In Pokémon Scarlet, you will meet Professor Sada, and in Pokémon Violet, you will meet Professor Turo. Each is carrying out research into certain lore passed down in the region.'

Passed-down lore? Sure doesn't sound like something form/environment-related.

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Yeah, regional forms already set a good precedent; Especially Galar (with regional evolutions) and Hisui (with the concept blurring between regional evolutions and regular, new evolutions). The latter also using Pokémon that 'used-to-be'.

This would make past-forms kind of redundant. Having some kind of new form would set a precedent for future generations, with the current one (regional forms) not even at its height yet. It would be unnecessary bloat. Would it also be temporary, like Mega and G-max forms? Or not (like regional evolutions)? Just, ugh.

I don't see it being a good idea, to be honest. Let's stick to 'normal' Pokémon and regional forms, first. Other unique forms are always welcome (Shaymin Sky Forme, Oricorio forms, etc.), don't get me wrong, but to base a whole mechanic-like concept on them, again? No, please. Enough kinds of (temporary) forms.
I am also tired of the generational gimmick. They do literally nothing for me(aside from mega evolutions).

Beer&Nyquil

getting sodas
Reaction score
Do not care about human characters at all. The least interesting thing about this series for me

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Do not care about human characters at all. The least interesting thing about this series for me
Well.....speaking about human characters, here's a theory, what if a little part of the story is professor Sada is actually from the past (hence her clothing and name) and Professor Turo is actually from the future(hence his clothing and name) and they are trying to use Koraidon and Miriadon to get back to their timelines.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
View attachment 161301
Looks like Oriden was right about the image only containing old Pokemon
He was actually directly referring to some work we've been doing over in a leak discord server. =D Analyzing the new preview of the pokedex icon. It's very blurry and thank gawd he said something because it was super helpful.

At this point i am getting more and more convinced Oriden is Khu.
I totally blocked myself on twitter that one time.

XD But no. I am definitely not Khu.

Top Bottom