• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

It will never die. I've already seen tons of posts comparing it to bulls/cows and saying it's based off some ancient hooved crocodile. And also pointing out the fact that male crocodiles are called bulls.
Man I hope they don't pull something reaching that hard... pulling muscles hurt like heck.

You know, I wonder if Tauros will be a regional fake. The bull in this picture is a mechanical bull from the Percy Jackson movie (I think) May also explain why the list of RFs with Quag and Dunsparce didn't include a bull...

Makes sense.

I also wonder if Regional Fakes will be Violet exclusive (Because mechanic/man-made), while regional forms will be Scarlet exclusive.

If Fuecoco evolves into a Cockatrice, that potentially doesn't bode well for Ash getting one in the anime.

Interesting to note is that a Cockatrice supposedly can die when hearing a rooster cry and we are supposedly getting a Rooster Pokemon and the Weasel is immune to the glance of a Coctrice. Alright, if Fuecoco is gonna be a Cockatrice, Gamefreak messed up, since then they should have made Grass starter the Weasel and Water the Rooster and make the Grass stater part Rock, so it is neutral to Fire.

Interesting to note that if we get a mechanical bull, it might be a Minotaur, which is also a mythical creature.

The Hydra will also fit a ton here then, maybe as the Mythical Pokemon of the region.

Last edited:
About Cockatrice, wiki says "A cockatrice is a mythical beast, essentially a two-legged dragon wyvern or serpent-like creature with a rooster's head". It's not out of the zodiac range imo. Maybe they're just mixing multiple zodiac signs into one pokémon. Makes sense, since we all love Charizard, Blaziken, and we're still waiting for a fire snake. It's seems that this gen will introduce past and future forms, so they're probably doing something like this with Fuecoco by reusing old fire starters as inspiration.

Source: Cockatrice - Wikipedia

Last edited:
If Fuecoco evolves into a Cockatrice, that potentially doesn't bode well for Ash getting one in the anime.

Okay I know this is Anime related but Why does Fuecoco being a Cockatrice mean Ash can't get one?

That's a weird conclusion to jump to

It arguably has better chances of being Ash’s than Sprigatito does since it's allegedly a "Waifumon " and the writers are too cowardly to give Ash feminine Pokemon

Okay I know this is Anime related but Why does Fuecoco being a Cockatrice mean Ash can't get one?

That's a weird conclusion to jump to

It arguably has better chances of being Ash’s than Sprigatito does since it's allegedly a "Waifumon " and the writers are too cowardly to give Ash feminine Pokemon

Because of Cocaktrice being associated with death.

The cockatrice has the reputed ability to kill people by either looking at them—"the death-darting eye of Cockatrice'' —touching them, or sometimes breathing on them.

Hench the Ghost typing and i find it super unlikely that if Ash gets a starter, they are gonna give him one that is associated with that, so even if he gets Fuecoco, it most likely won't evolve fully.

Here's a rough translation of the second post with the phrases:

It's messy and as said in the post they're waiting for a better translation, but at least it gives an idea of what he could be referring to with the chicken.

With Fuecoco (possibly) becoming a Cockatrice

This image starts to look more and more plausible View attachment 161412

I'm going to be surprised if the jaguar warrior really is Sprigatito. As we said before Khu said it'd be 'fetish', so unless he was talking about a different 'fetish' I think most of us thought it'd be feminine. Plus, I'd be surprised if they made another buff Dark type cat as a Starter as they tend to avoid that much overlap between Starters.

I'm going to be surprised if the jaguar warrior really is Sprigatito. As we said before Khu said it'd be 'fetish', so unless he was talking about a different 'fetish' I think most of us thought it'd be feminine. Plus, I'd be surprised if they made another buff Dark type cat as a Starter as they tend to avoid that much overlap between Starters.

Not like there hasn't been a precedent for it

This is the same company that gave us 3 Fire/Fighting Starters in a row

If that picture collage is legit, I can see Sprigatito becoming an Amazon warrior - a feminine and physically strong jaguar seems to be fetishy enough for Khu.

Although, I can't currently imagine Fuecoco getting to a point of becoming half-rooster, half-dragon, half-serpent. It must be a loose inspiration, maybe with just the yellow hairs on top of its head.

There are tons of interpretations of a cockatrice. This one is my favorite I've seen and it has more of an alligator mouth instead of a beak.

32qpkqoe4mz81.jpg

Not like there hasn't been a precedent for it

This is the same company that gave us 3 Fire/Fighting Starters in a row

That is true, but I think it'd the first time there has been a visual overlap, especially between starters that share species. That said, as SamurottMan just said it being an Amazon warrior would be distinct enough so it may be a moot point.

Oh yeah, forgot to bring this up here, someone came up with a good theory about what the Rikuo book could mean-

Here's a rough translation of the second post with the phrases:

It's messy and as said in the post they're waiting for a better translation, but at least it gives an idea of what he could be referring to with the chicken.

For the record, all of the text covering the chicken is referring to people Khu doesn't like- Centro and Reshiram guy, specifically.

sFtkDJY.png

They call him white dragon chicken on the Chinese forums.

I think the rooster is the answer to all of the polls, being a tailed biped, focus on the "hair" (rooster's comb), and Fuecoco will have a dumb face, since he covered it with people he considers dumb.

I suppose if they want to keep innovating with regional variants a split evolution is certainly one way to do that
(In gen 8 they innovated by having some regional variants evolve into whole new Pokemon)

I don't know about that theory. Nidoking uses the king kanji too. And I didn't think Khu was referring to anything other than the book when he said the riddle was straight forward and covert.
Yeah but we know the Quagsire line is getting something, and Khu touched upon it again during his "New Pokemon" themed month, which could imply a new evo for it. So it could straight-forwardly be telling us its name, Rikuo, and covertly its type, Ground.

Damn I just got the wordplay in Quagsire.

I never even made the swamp connection before! I thought it was just a nonsense word.

Back
Top Bottom