• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

This seems very unlikely to be real, but I'll post it anyway. Feel like it would be too easy for Nintendo to find out who was editing the next trailer and black bag them for this. Also, the voice sounds a little off from the usual announcer. That and I think they mispronounce "battle" as "buttle".

Why is it sooo shaky?

Also, I can't understand what he's saying at all.

neopolis doesnt even sound like a pokemon name
How do you define a "Pokémon name"?

Because if you had told me years ago that there were going to be places called Stow-on-Side, Wedgehurst and Circhester in a Pokémon game, I would have laughed in your face and said that sounds like some knockoff Harry Potter place names. But here we are... :unsure:

Because if you had told me years ago that there were going to be places called Stow-on-Side, Wedgehurst and Circhester in a Pokémon game, I would have laughed in your face and said that sounds like some knockoff Harry Potter place names. But here we are... :unsure:
sure, because those sound british. neopolis sounds like a generic video game city name. pokemon city names tend to have some sort of convention to them, and 'neopolis,' two greek words tossed together, doesnt fit

sure, because those sound british. neopolis sounds like a generic video game city name. pokemon city names tend to have some sort of convention to them, and 'neopolis,' two greek words tossed together, doesnt fit
It really isn't any different etymologically since Circhester is also two words "Circus" and "Fortification" slammed together to make a passably real sounding place.

But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, since it "sounds" fine to me (although I still call it fake as the Region Name).

Ehh, I'll give you Stow-on-Side. The others, though? I think they're alright. Perhaps even good. Definitely far better than the Japanese ones. Engine City for an industrial city designed around the steam engine? Freeze Village for a town in the middle of a snowy tundra? Shoot City? Circus Town?!

At least the English names take inspiration from British culture and actual English names or, at the very least, try to sound like they're names someone would give to their settlements. Meanwhile, Game Freak looked at the "big" industrial city they created, named it Engine City (Because industrial revolution, get it? Get it?!), and called it a day.

If he did then imma press X to doubt.

“New City” as the name of an entire Region is really dumb.
From the snippet we heard, I think it’s more supposed to evoke “Neapolitan” rather than what you said, which would mean that I messed up on the spelling of the word by putting “neo” in place place of “nea” by mistake. So, what I meant to say is that the region seems to be named “Neapolis” from the audio leak.

Sorry about that everyone.

New riddle?
View attachment 161431

Looks like the only possibility (adding vowels only) is "Payday", like Meowth's move. Related to the coin objectmon?
Maybe also a clue to resolve the "gwjse" from the Fuecoco riddle?
If PDY were Payday, it would be PYDY. Y can be a vowel, but it makes no sense to include one Y and not both.

From the snippet we heard, I think it’s more supposed to evoke “Neapolitan” rather than what you said, which would mean that I messed up on the spelling of the word by putting “neo” in place place of “nea” by mistake. So, what I meant to say is that the region seems to be named “Neapolis” from the audio leak.

oh it's ok although it still sounds more like a city to me!

That doesn’t really change my opinion on it being fake though. Regardless of Nea or Neo, the fact that it would still have the second half mean “city” makes it come across as too phony for a Region name.

Back
Top Bottom