• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like people sometimes overestimate Pokémon's popularity? Yeah, sure, it's the highest grossing media franchise of all time (emphasis on the media aka. not just the games), but their advertising has been pretty shallow as of late. SV's trailers so far have been like: here's a not-so-good-looking world, here are a few of the new characters and Pokémon... and that's about it. And some were claiming that these things would take hype away from Nintendo's other franchises? Seriously, do people actually believe that these trailers would take attention away form news on the next Legend of Zelda game? Or the next Mario game? Or Metroid? Or Star Fox? Mario Strikers getting a new entry after a decade and a half is more exciting than Gen IX. News about a new Metroid game or a new Star Fox game (as unlikely as the latter may be) would generate far more hype than anything GF released about Gen IX. Even the smallest bit of news regarding BotW 2, probably the most hyped sequel in Zelda history, would blow Gen IX out of the water.

Let's be frank, what is the next trailer gonna give us? The region name, the new gimmick, two or three new Pokémon at most (perhaps one of them might even be a regional form, if we're lucky), maybe even a small look at the story... would these things be more exacting to the general public than Ubisoft and Nintendo doing a sequel to their first ever collab? A collab that, up until that point, was considered impossible by everyone? A sequel to a game that, while mindboggling at first, turned out to be great TBT game, especially for one involving Mario characters? Sure, Pokémon fans (those that are into the games and play them, that is) are probably gonna be hyped about more SV news, regardless of how little it could be. But other Nintendo fans? Or gaming fans, in general? They'd definitely be more excited about the in-depth presentation of a Mario game, even if it has Rabbids in it, than they'd be about a short trailer for Pokémon games numbers 39/40.

Sorry about the rant, it's just... can we stop pretending that Pokémon is this juggernaut of the industry that makes even other Nintendo IPs afraid of loosing their relevance? If anything, it's the other way around. Pokémon is the one who is so lacklustre now compared to other Nintendo franchises, that it's the one that should be scared of being drowned under all the other Nintendo news.
If anything, Pokemon has been mocked with how outdated their higher-ups way of thinking is and how terrible the graphics look when they are in their 8th gen. Pokemon has been a verbal punching bag for a while. Just because one comment you saw, doesn't mean people on here think Pokemon is better than Zelda or Mario.

But this game looks like something new, like they are, after years, giving the people what they ask for. They're actually excited for the first time in years. So am I.

Cute Charm

Game Footage Not Final
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like people sometimes overestimate Pokémon's popularity? Yeah, sure, it's the highest grossing media franchise of all time (emphasis on the media aka. not just the games), but their advertising has been pretty shallow as of late. SV's trailers so far have been like: here's a not-so-good-looking world, here are a few of the new characters and Pokémon... and that's about it. And some were claiming that these things would take hype away from Nintendo's other franchises? Seriously, do people actually believe that these trailers would take attention away form news on the next Legend of Zelda game? Or the next Mario game? Or Metroid? Or Star Fox? Mario Strikers getting a new entry after a decade and a half is more exciting than Gen IX. News about a new Metroid game or a new Star Fox game (as unlikely as the latter may be) would generate far more hype than anything GF released about Gen IX. Even the smallest bit of news regarding BotW 2, probably the most hyped sequel in Zelda history, would blow Gen IX out of the water.

Let's be frank, what is the next trailer gonna give us? The region name, the new gimmick, two or three new Pokémon at most (perhaps one of them might even be a regional form, if we're lucky), maybe even a small look at the story... would these things be more exacting to the general public than Ubisoft and Nintendo doing a sequel to their first ever collab? A collab that, up until that point, was considered impossible by everyone? A sequel to a game that, while mindboggling at first, turned out to be great TBT game, especially for one involving Mario characters? Sure, Pokémon fans (those that are into the games and play them, that is) are probably gonna be hyped about more SV news, regardless of how little it could be. But other Nintendo fans? Or gaming fans, in general? They'd definitely be more excited about the in-depth presentation of a Mario game, even if it has Rabbids in it, than they'd be about a short trailer for Pokémon games numbers 39/40.

Sorry about the rant, it's just... can we stop pretending that Pokémon is this juggernaut of the industry that makes even other Nintendo IPs afraid of loosing their relevance? If anything, it's the other way around. Pokémon is the one who is so lacklustre now compared to other Nintendo franchises, that it's the one that should be scared of being drowned under all the other Nintendo news.
I still think the lack of news is due to the leak problem. Like way back when, Pokémon was possibly the most leaked game this side of the Pokémon Craze. People were going as far as to get early CoroCoro copies, interns, game testers, editors, social media teams, bookstore workers, and gamestore workers putting their jobs on the line to get sweet potato pictures, and hackers hacked diffrent sites just to get info before anyone else. Precieved popularity has nothing to do with it. It has a lot more to do with people breaking NDAs for clout and the higher ups trying to plug all the possible holes because they don't know where the leaks are coming from.

I fear that once the Nintendo Ninjas catch up to Khu the news and leak cycles will probably get worse. At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to just announce a new generation and not give out any more info on it until it's a month out. It probably won't get that bad, but it still doesnt change that new gens will probably have a worse news cycle than the one before it due to all the leaks.

Last edited:

Moonlight~

Gen 9 hype!
Reaction score
Guuuuuuys-

AW0MbPY.png

They have fake geysers-
Omg you nailed it. We’re definitely getting regional fake Digglet inspired by geysers! Now I can see the connection with that fanart that “nailed it” according to Khu.

jonathan keller

Reaction score
I still think the lack of news is due to the leak problem. Like way back when, Pokémon was possibly the most leaked game this side of the Pokémon Craze. People were going as far as to get early CoroCoro copies, interns, game testers, editors, social media teams, bookstore workers, and gamestore workers putting their jobs on the line to get sweet potato pictures, and hackers hacked diffrent sites just to get info before anyone else. Precieved popularity has nothing to do with it. It has a lot more to do with people breaking NDAs for clout and the higher ups trying to plug all the possible holes because they don't know where the leaks are coming from.

I fear that once the Nintendo Ninjas catch up to Khu the news and leak cycles will probably get worse. At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to just announce a new generation and not give out any more info on it until it's a month out. It probably won't get that bad, but it still doesnt change that new gens will probably have a worse news cycle than the one before it due to all the leaks.
How did the ninjas not catch up to Khu? He's not exactly hard to find considering his exponential rise in followers on Twitter and his.... less than charming personality. Every Poketuber that covers leaks mentions him multiple times throughout their videos.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
How did the ninjas not catch up to Khu? He's not exactly hard to find considering his exponential rise in followers on Twitter and his.... less than charming personality. Every Poketuber that covers leaks mentions him multiple times throughout their videos.
Because technically Khu gets his leaks from someone else rather than being the Gamefreak employee themselves.

Cute Charm

Game Footage Not Final
Reaction score
The thing is, how long will it be before Khu's informant gets found out and then Khu themselves? Considering the penalty that one guy got for leaving his discord open means they don't care if you're a Nintendo or Game Freak employee or not, you're still getting sued into the ground.

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Because technically Khu gets his leaks from someone else rather than being the Gamefreak employee themselves.
He still takes part in leaking the information,no? If he can't be caught by leaking through riddles, he answers peoples questions plainly on stuff that has yet to be revealed to the public as well on Twitter, such as saying Sprigatito's final evolution "stands up".

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
He still takes part in leaking the information,no? If he can't be caught by leaking through riddles, he answers peoples questions plainly on stuff that has yet to be revealed to the public as well on Twitter, such as saying Sprigatito's final evolution "stands up".
While true it makes it much harder to find out who Khu actually is beyond twitter, and his account being private probably doesn't help much. The ninjas seem to take a while unless you are showing straight up datamines or footage from early copies.

Is Khu technically breaking any laws or anything? Don't know how it works in Japan or China but they wouldn't be breaking an NDA or anything.

Edit: Speaking of, them being from china and living in china might not help any

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Difference is that Khu isn't posting any Images or In-Game Footage so he's technically safe from the Ninjas

He's just posts Riddles that are as vague as they possibly can be and while he may be giving away information, he technically isn't breaking the law

jonathan keller

Reaction score
Difference is that Khu isn't posting any Images or In-Game Footage so he's technically safe from the Ninjas

He's just posts Riddles that are as vague as they possibly can be and while he may be giving away information, he technically isn't breaking the law
As someone else stated, Khu is based in China. China doesn't give a shit about Japan's copyright laws, so they are safe.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Considering how Chinese Knockoffs are a thing so common I just giggle when I see them, one could joke China don't care about ANYBODY'S copyright laws. :LOL:

Also possibility of another regional diglett being a thing:

Nooooooooooo no god please nooooooo there are so many more pokemon deserving of that slot than the pokemon who's entire gimmick is you can only see its head.

multiingbe

Reaction score
At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to just announce a new generation and not give out any more info on it until it's a month out. It probably won't get that bad, but it still doesnt change that new gens will probably have a worse news cycle than the one before it due to all the leaks.

yes :) :) I think this overall sense also that the new games may still be more market-driven than imagination-driven (although SV seems like it will be the latter!!) than what is really possible, caused me to try to invent a new Pokemon idea that it like a new game/anime/manga in one, that people can simply exchange ideas and use their imagination. Our minds and imaginations are incredible phenomena of the real universe!!

My versions of this idea will pale in comparison to everyone else's!! I have wanted to mention it in this thread. Each person is a game/anime/manga studio as well as of course groups of people!! We don't just have to have Scarlet and Violet , we can also have the most incredible new Pokemon creative interactive community to exist at the same time!!

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
Well even if we don't get a new Presentation tomorrow at least Khu will drop some more info on this guy View attachment 161385

I completely forgot it's like Midnight where Khu lives rn lol

We could actually be getting some info at about 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. depending on when he wakes up lol

Funny how Timezones work

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
I recently stumbled back upon this old "leak".

Looks like it was posted back in March way before Khu teased regional forms or Dunsparce

Hmm... Wooper AND Dunsparce.

The 2 Pokemon that have been majorly speculated to have Regional Variants :unsure:

Water/Steel Kingler?! That would be the very 1st time since Empoleon, anyone was ever given that Typing!

Also how hilarious would it be to give Arbok a Regional Variant in this Gen when Weezing got one in the Last Gen? :wynaut:

SleepingSigma

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm... Wooper AND Dunsparce.

The 2 Pokemon that have been majorly speculated to have Regional Variants :unsure:

Water/Steel Kingler?! That would be the very 1st time since Empoleon, anyone was ever given that Typing!

Also how hilarious would it be to give Arbok a Regional Variant in this Gen when Weezing got one in the Last Gen? :wynaut:

Personally, I hope that image isn't real, because it would mean that they're screwing Dunsparce the same way they screwed Farfetch'd. All Khu said was to "mark this" at a post wishing that Dunsparce would get an evolution, so I'm hoping it's not a regional form's evolution.

For Wooper, I'm not sure how Poison/Ground would relate to Spirited Away.

ShieldFan

Roger that Captain!
Reaction score
The so called "chinese uncle riddler" is back again, and according to 4chan he released a new post. Also there's some people arguing out there that the uncle riddler made the riddles before Khu (to be confirmed). Just to remind you this uncle riddler posted legit info during the Sword and Shield leak season, so he's not a fraud.

1656528878590.png

Minya_Nouvelle

Excited for Reptiles
Reaction score
The so called "chinese uncle riddler" is back again, and according to 4chan he released a new post. Also there's some people arguing out there that the uncle riddler made the riddles before Khu (to be confirmed). Just to remind you this uncle riddler posted legit info during the Sword and Shield leak season, so he's not a fraud.

Well, the stuff on the bottom left is clearly referring to the 5 forms that the legendaries have.

The top left is from a Korean web cartoon called tower of god about a giant tower with 135 floors. The badge is the tranquility badge given by Erika in pokemon masters.

The top right... Ummm. I don't want to comment on it but I find it interesting that it has claydol and bisharp like the image I posted. (Pls no fusion)

Bottom right is a pit stop crew? No guess as to how that relates to the drifloon mini game.

Top Bottom