• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I wasn't a fan of Ultra Beasts because they, along with the large amount of Legendary Pokemon, took up way too much of what felt like a very small new roster of Pokemon. Plus they were just outright weird. I'd hate it if these "regional fakes" were not only a similar deal, but outright replaced variants if we only got around 80 new Pokemon again, though rumors suggest we'll be seeing 100+ again.

kinda non-sequitur but y'all should watch Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight, it's a love letter to/commentary on the Takarazuka Revue that's just really queer all around and super fucking good, the director was a protege of Kunihiko Ikuhara (creator of Sailor Moon R, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Yurikuma Arashi, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Sarazanmai) and really knows what he's doing with making an amazing story
HELLA can second this recommendation! It's also a pretty show with stunning visual direction, and its transformation sequence is still one of my faves. I hope I can watch the movie too someday...

Also since it was mentioned here, wanna recommend Utena too for this particular context. You can tell Utena and Starlight were cut from the same cloth, both very good in their own ways.

Am I the only one thinking "regional fakes" are just some kind of Ultra Beasts 2.0?

Are we even sure that the R stands for Regional? (I may have missed it) But Khu has only referred to RF and RFakes, and not specifically spelt it out fully.

I have seen thinking along the lines of one game having Robotic Fakes, and the other having Regional Forms from the past.

When he first said RF could mean something else, many people tried "Reverse Form", "Radiant form", "R-something Form".
Khu then clarified that we should focus on the meaning of F. So it was not completely explicit but strongly suggests that the R is the same and the F was something else.
But maybe he intentionally stayed vague and just wanted us to first focus on F before R.

I wasn't a fan of Ultra Beasts because they, along with the large amount of Legendary Pokemon, took up way too much of what felt like a very small new roster of Pokemon. Plus they were just outright weird. I'd hate it if these "regional fakes" were not only a similar deal, but outright replaced variants if we only got around 80 new Pokemon again, though rumors suggest we'll be seeing 100+ again.
I kind of like them, tbh. Everything from the concept to origin to and designs were all pretty interesting. Especially the more abstract ones. I mean who would have thought that there'd be a Pokémon based off of literal electric wires or a clown made out of fireworks. Anyway it would be interesting to me if they expanded on the transdimensional Pokémon concept.

Besides, I'd personally take easily obtainable legendaries over stuffing slots full of mythicals like XY did where if you missed one distribution you're kind of SOL for a good 5-10 years. Sure they're moving away from that now with stuff like Go and having wild mythicals or gifts like in Legends and BDSP respectively, but I still forget Volcanion is a real Pokémon sometimes.

Last edited:
As a big fan of the UBs, I'd be all for a similar group of special Pokémon. It allows for fresh designs that push the boundaries of what Pokémon can look like, even though some of them are hit or miss. Plus they give the region a unique flair by association.

Can't find back the tweet but Khu blocked someone just after mentionning something about CCP. So I definitly think it's about politics, unfortunately.

From a historical perspective, I totally get why Khu, a very patriotic Chinese person, would celebrate the untimely death of a conservative Japanese politician, but that's still a little too soon if you ask me. :( Granted, I'm holding onto the possibility it was just really bad timing and he is actually hinting at a new trailer either today or the 18th because that is what Twitter has been doing.

Last edited:
From a historical perspective, I totally get why Khu, a very patriotic Chinese person, would celebrate the untimely death of a conservative Japanese politician, but that's still a little too soon if you ask me. :( Granted, I'm holding onto the possibility it was just really bad timing and he is actually hinting at a new trailer either today or the 18th because that is what Twitter has been doing.
Even if a trailer was planned for today, we ain't getting one due to the recent events

places Khu back on the top of the 'shitty person in all regards' list

Ah that's better all is right with the world again. OwO I've no tolerance for people who's souls are that cold and black.

In other news, really not liking all these robotic/artificial riddle things... too much technology sucks all the magic out of pokemon for me. Like I can enjoy games like that- I loved the original Phantasy Star games (before they became just an mmo basically...) but that's just not pokemon to me. :| This region is starting to feel gross. Especially with the only leak giver anyone's talking about being another stereotypical male pervert. Hurr hurr sexy lady nyurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

places Khu back on the top of the 'shitty person in all regards' list

Ah that's better all is right with the world again. OwO I've no tolerance for people who's souls are that cold and black.

In other news, really not liking all these robotic/artificial riddle things... too much technology sucks all the magic out of pokemon for me. Like I can enjoy games like that- I loved the original Phantasy Star games (before they became just an mmo basically...) but that's just not pokemon to me. :| This region is starting to feel gross. Especially with the only leak giver anyone's talking about being another stereotypical male pervert. Hurr hurr sexy lady nyurrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Perhaps it's better to take a break from looking at their leaks if it sours your anticipation for the upcoming games. In the end they have nothing to do with the actual game or development at all so it'd be a shame to let them ruin your sentiment. With or without them the games will turn out how they'll turn out. The same goes for official news.

When the Affleck leak leaked dynamaxing, I thought it was really stupid, but gamefreak has a knack for making dumb ideas work. I'm a little skeptical of artificial pokemon, but I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds.

Now the time displacement stuff, that I can get behind.

I was thinking about the Lake House tweet and I really hope the two characters it's about is Igno and Emmett. It would be nice for them to find a way to communicate.

With regional variants, regional fakes, and another possible form change gimmick I wouldn't be surprised if SV's new Pokemon count is the lowest ever for a new gen.

1657293244504.png

I think the answer is quite clearly honey type.

Back
Top Bottom