• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I don't believe this unless she's basically Blue but female.
I can see her being the champion, checking out the Sword and Shield website it out right calls all of the characters who are your rivals a rival. Nemona on the SV website is just referred to as your friend but they make sure to say that she has undisputed skill in battling. They also state that she is experienced and she is a guide for you. So they aren't calling Nemona a rival but are making sure that you know she is a powerful trainer, skilled and she is also someone who is guiding you. That sounds similar to the other champions such as Cynthia, Alder, and Leon.

I can see her being the champion, checking out the Sword and Shield website it out right calls all of the characters who are your rivals a rival. Nemona on the SV website is just referred to as your friend but they make sure to say that she has undisputed skill in battling. They also state that she is experienced and she is a guide for you. So they aren't calling Nemona a rival but are making sure that you know she is a powerful trainer, skilled and she is also someone who is guiding you. That sounds similar to the other champions such as Cynthia, Alder, and Leon.
She might also be a bit too young to be the Champion. Most Champions tend to be on the older side of the age spectrum, except if they're your rivals (like with Blue and Trace). The only exception is Iris. I believe that she fills the Sonia role of the game.

Eh, we've had gym leaders who are metaphorical toddlers (there, I said metaphorical instead of literal, you happy?) I wouldn't be surprised.

Am I the only one thinking Nemona is a high schooler in whatever flavor of school you go to? Because she does look a bit older than the protags who are probably like 10-12 considering how young they look. Having a teenager as a gym leader or Champion is nothing new to the series.

It's also possible she kept getting held back from graduating because she has bad grades at ball throwing.

I don't want to sound whine-y, but the marketing has been boring thus far. We actually had gameplay footage of SwSh back in June 2019 (E3). With an open world, there must be plenty for them to show us.
To truly put it into context, SwSh has already had 4 trailers by now and we're still waiting on SV's 3rd. To also put it into conext, here's the info we had for each game.

Sword and Shield
  • In terms of Pokemon had the starters, 10 regular Pokemon, and the cover Legendaries.
  • We knew the region was the Galar region and we had a map.
  • We knew about Professor Magnolia, Sonia, Hop, Chairman Rose, and Oleana
  • We knew about the Gym Challenge and we knew about Milo, Nessa, Alister, and Bea. Plus we knew the Champion was Leon.
  • We knew the main gimmick was Dynamax/Gigantamax.
  • We knew about features such as the Wild Area and Y-Comm
Scarlet and Violet
  • We know about the starters, 3 regular Pokemon, and the cover Legendaries.
  • We still don't have the region name or have a map.
  • We know about Professor Sada, Professor Turo, and Nemona.
  • We don't know anything about gyms.
  • We don't have the regional gimmick.
  • We know the game is open world and you can explore the world with 4 players online.
We know less than half of what we knew for SwSh and we're at July. Its a little frustrating. It doesn't help that Nintendo for some bizarre reason didn't hold an actual Nintendo Direct in June, or we didn't get a Pokemon Presents or anything.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking Nemona is a high schooler in whatever flavor of school you go to? Because she does look a bit older than the protags who are probably like 10-12 considering how young they look. Having a teenager as a gym leader or Champion is nothing new to the series.

It's also possible she kept getting held back from graduating because she has bad grades at ball throwing.
In most cases those types of Champions were previously introduced as your rival, with the sole exception of BW2's Iris.

In most cases those types of Champions were previously introduced as your rival, with the sole exception of BW2's Iris.
She's still referred to as your friend. Friend, as a term, has pretty much taken over for rival for a while. Like Hop is your friend, Hau is your friend, the kids from XY are your friends. But at the same time they've still always filled the role of a classic rival.

I mean nothing is stopping your BFF from becoming champion. I mean just look at Trace. Sure he took his role from Blue, but Blue never was one to burst into your room.

IMG_3231.jpg

Was watching Thamill's latest video and saw someone comment this theory, was very interesting?!

Khu mentioned the Lakehouse film and said “project their relationship onto titan” lots of people assumed the professors are married, got separated (let’s say a legendary did some cheeky time warp stuff) and can only communicate via letters but what if he meant it’s how the protagonist can only communicate with their respective professor via tapes? I can’t imagine having to go back home every time to view a new tape on the TV though? Unless they implement something into a Rotom or reinvented Pokétch where you can access new tapes/data/missions from them as you continue your adventure?

I can’t imagine having to go back home every time to view a new tape on the TV though? Unless they implement something into a Rotom or reinvented Pokétch where you can access new tapes/data/missions from them as you continue your adventure?

In FRLG we literally carried around a portable tv with us. It would be funny to bring that back.

Back
Top Bottom