• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Or it might be because the region name is itself a massive plot spoiler.
Considering they also haven’t even confirmed if Gyms are still a thing despite the leaks suggesting they are in as normal is making me lean towards incompetence in the marketing team rather than them building up to a big shocking reveal...

Last edited:
It is absurd that we do not yet know the name of the region and the map.
It's not necessary the lack of the region name the problem. It's more the lack of news for months. Or the lack of actual useful informations about the games. Legends had a lot of interesting features that the marketing campaign litterally ignored.

As much as I dislike how little we're being told about the games since gen 8, TPCI might just think a mainline Pokémon game will sell regardless and there's no reason to spend time and marketing money. Sw/Sh was a lot more tightlipped than previous gens had been and got incredible sales. PLA hid most of the most unique parts of it and still did incredibly well for a game that came out a little after Christmas.

LOL. I can't tell if you mean an in game version of YouTube or if you're avoiding my horrendous suggestion by mentioning how the actual pokemon youtube needs to post a new video soon so we have something new to talk about.
I meant in-game. I was just making a joke about how carrying around Teachy TVs are kind of rendered useless now that smartphones exist in the games. Rotom phones, Pory phones, and normal in-universe cellphones all probably have video streaming capabilities.

Why carry a bulky TV or go home whenever you need new information from the Professor when you can literally just take out your phone and watch the new video they just posted on their channel.

As much as I dislike how little we're being told about the games since gen 8, TPCI might just think a mainline Pokémon game will sell regardless and there's no reason to spend time and marketing money. Sw/Sh was a lot more tightlipped than previous gens had been and got incredible sales. PLA hid most of the most unique parts of it and still did incredibly well for a game that came out a little after Christmas.
The thing is, a few hundred thousand sales more mean a lot. And marketing isn't just for sales, it's also for brand-power: People will be more exposed to the brand/game.

Marketing is never a bad thing.

The thing is, a few hundred thousand sales more mean a lot. And marketing isn't just for sales, it's also for brand-power: People will be more exposed to the brand/game.

Marketing is never a bad thing.
Allow me to rephrase; they're putting out ads but but they're not revealing anything, possibly because making trailers for new features is a bit of extra cost compared to making an ad they can run on youtube/TV.

Someone on Serebii pointed this out

So a while back Khu posted a pic relating to Fuecoco's evolution.

It was a picture of an alligator with a rooster on its head

p3csx4dn6oa91.jpg

"The Deity of the Afterlife"?

Suddenly Fuecoco becoming Fire/Ghost doesn't sound too out of the left field anymore :unsure:

Allow me to rephrase; they're putting out ads but but they're not revealing anything, possibly because making trailers for new features is a bit of extra cost compared to making an ad they can run on youtube/TV.
Fair enough.

Although it's still a bit odd, as the June trailer clearly was in line with past trailers: It showed a bit more of the region, some early route 'mons as well as the professor and the like. You'd expect them to keep up with the pattern.

Anyway, July isn't finished yet. I'm still adamant we'll get one trailer a month.

The reason fuecoco won't be a quezalcoatl isn't because it's insensitive it's because it's a completely different region. We wouldn't have gotten a wampus cat starter in galar just because part of America was once a British colony and both places speak English.

We have plenty of mismatched pokemon- zebstrika in unova, komala in alola etc but people think fuecoco will be a quezalcoatl just because they're both Spanish speaking areas, which is extremely silly, no offense.

Last edited:
The reason fuecoco won't be a quezalcoatl isn't because it's insensitive it's because it's a completely different region. We wouldn't have gotten a wampus cat starter in galar just because part of America was once a British colony and both places speak English.
The thing is, most designs aren't based off the real-world region to begin with. Generation 7 probably had the most, and even then, most weren't from Hawaii.

The thing is, most designs aren't based off the real-world region to begin with. Generation 7 probably had the most, and even then, most weren't from Hawaii.
Yeah I edited my post to say that but people think it will be a quezalcoatl because both are Spanish speaking regions. It is extremely silly to me. I'm 99% sure it won't be.

Back
Top Bottom