• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

PLA’s evolution system where you have to decide to evolve your Pokémon after the conditions are met is back.
The flags in the second trailer that we thought were about a racing event/game are the flags of the evil team, apparently.
There’s a 3-stage fire line he didn’t tease yet.
He reaffirmed there’s no scaling in the game, although at this point I’d have preferred if someone asked a more specific question as if the teams change Based on your badges. To be honest, it’s my main concern so far, and I hope it might be something they could’ve implemented in the time after he tested the game.

Interesting to see that normal Tauros will be present and either its regional form has three forms or it has three distinct regionals. I wonder if we’ll have like a Tauros racing mini-game or anything and that’s why they wanted four distinct Tauros? It sounds like a fun gimmick though even without that. And more quadrupedal Fighting-types? Inject it into my veins.

It seems that fuecoco is somewhat of a jobmon after all. Based on a punk rocker I guess.

View attachment 161959
I think this may be more of a hint that the Fuecoco line's signature move is sound-based. Could also suggest that its more of a special attacker or mixed as well.
He reaffirmed there’s no scaling in the game, although at this point I’d have preferred if someone asked a more specific question as if the teams change Based on your badges. To be honest, it’s my main concern so far, and I hope it might be something they could’ve implemented in the time after he tested the game.
Is the gym leaders scaling or team changing something Kaka would be equipped to answer properly though? We know that he is likely a playtester or bugtester, but I wonder if its too much of a leap to assume that he's played through the game multiple times and would therefore know definitively how things change depending on the order he battles the gyms in.

I think this may be more of a hint that the Fuecoco line's signature move is sound-based. Could also suggest that its more of a special attacker or mixed as well.

Is the gym leaders scaling or team changing something Kaka would be equipped to answer properly though? We know that he is likely a playtester or bugtester, but I wonder if its too much of a leap to assume that he's played through the game multiple times and would therefore know definitively how things change depending on the order he battles the gyms in.
Open world games are kind of beefy by default, so I’d imagine he only played through it once or played certain sections of it repeatedly depending on what the minutiae of his job was. I’m not super clued in on game testing though so I might be speaking utter rubbish.

In general, I'm starting to think that Kaka could be reaching the limits of what he can remember, or what he has access to currently. He apparently just admitted that he's not sure if Garchomp is in the game, but up until this point he has pretty much always been giving definitive answers as to which specific Pokemon are in or not in.

I guess I'm starting to question more and more how much of what he's said is accurate, and how much could be misremembering or being overconfident. The mistranslations and miscommunication about the actual contents of his posts doesn't help.

In general, I'm starting to think that Kaka could be reaching the limits of what he can remember, or what he has access to currently. He apparently just admitted that he's not sure if Garchomp is in the game, but up until this point he has pretty much always been giving definitive answers as to which specific Pokemon are in or not in.

I guess I'm starting to question more and more how much of what he's said is accurate, and how much could be misremembering or being overconfident. The mistranslations and miscommunication about the actual contents of his posts doesn't help.
Luckily Khu seems to be able to confirm or disconfirm stuff that Kaka says.

Also, it has already been said above but it seems Hisuian Goodra is in SV.

It's possible he didn't play the game twice and so if he couldn't notice if the gym leaders' teams are different based on when you face them in the gym challenge order, as well as being something implemented in the full game.

It's why I hope in the next trailer and batch of information they'll tackle the open world aspect and how it'll work with the gym challenge, so that we can have a clearer view.

Multiple variants of Tauros sounds like an interesting idea. I just hope they aren't recolors of one another. I think one of them being Ghost-type would be pretty dark, but a matador-themed one could be acceptable.

A rockstar-themed Fuecoco3 could become very popular if done well. It's possible they made it quadrupedal so it would look more disctint from Toxtricity.
PLA’s evolution system where you have to decide to evolve your Pokémon after the conditions are met is back.
I'm mixed on this. For PLA it made sense because of the research tasks, but for mainline series I hope you can disable it as Pokemon evolving after a battle was very satisfying.

Guys, le'ts be honest, it's Gf! Aren't we used to good features being badly implemented into the games? I mean, do you remember how pokemon followed you in the Isle of Armor (Falinks on stairs)?

Yes! You can battle gyms in any order but you are basically forced to do them in the order we decided unless you want to face a level 12 bug in the last gym!
(This is so GF :cautious: )

Multiple variants of Tauros sounds like an interesting idea. I just hope they aren't recolors of one another. I think one of them being Ghost-type would be pretty dark, but a matador-themed one could be acceptable.

A rockstar-themed Fuecoco3 could become very popular if done well. It's possible they made it quadrupedal so it would look more disctint from Toxtricity.

I'm mixed on this. For PLA it made sense because of the research tasks, but for mainline series I hope you can disable it as Pokemon evolving after a battle was very satisfying.

I think the reasoning behind it is to not clog the battle’s time with the time spent to change moves and evolve Pokémon; knowing how GF operates, I doubt there’ll be a toggle.

Guys, le'ts be honest, it's Gf! Aren't we used to good features being badly implemented into the games? I mean, do you remember how pokemon followed you in the Isle of Armor (Falinks on stairs)?

Yes! You can battle gyms in any order but you are basically forced to do them in the order we decided unless you want to face a level 12 bug in the last gym!
(This is so GF :cautious: )

This is also quite possible. I’m not going to be too hopeful about it, but the possibility to work better then it seems now is present.

Apparently the leaker is gone (again). I hope this time's for good. We have a lot of interesting info, just a few leaked pictures and if this is it, I think it's enough for me.
Now, where on earth is the official trailer???

Wait. Just asking for clarification. I saw this on the Pokeleaks reddit, but is Khu also done leaking? From what I understand, Centro reported Khu on Twitter and now he's been noticed or something? Now Khu sees no point in hinting stuff this year anymore and is moving in to leaking stuff about the 2023 dlc/game?

Someone please correct if wrong, but IF true, with Khu and Kaka leaving and Pokemon looking like they are not dropping a trailer anytime soon, then we really are going to be left in the dark.

Wait. Just asking for clarification. I saw this on the Pokeleaks reddit, but is Khu also done leaking? From what I understand, Centro reported Khu on Twitter and now he's been noticed or something? Now Khu sees no point in hinting stuff this year anymore and is moving in to leaking stuff about the 2023 dlc/game?

Someone please correct if wrong, but IF true, with Khu and Kaka leaving and Pokemon looking like they are not dropping a trailer anytime soon, then we really are going to be left in the dark.
Not sure how exactly the situation went for Khu, but yep, it seems he’s gone. Kaka, we won’t know for sure until tomorrow and Monday, as he said many times he’d stop and never did.

Given the aumont of info we got, I’d say it’s quite a lot 4 months before release; some leaked will likely happen 1-2 weeks before release as they always did.

The issue is GF releasing a trailer, which I think it’s more and more likely to happen in August.

Not sure how exactly the situation went for Khu, but yep, it seems he’s gone. Kaka, we won’t know for sure until tomorrow and Monday, as he said many times he’d stop and never did.

Given the aumont of info we got, I’d say it’s quite a lot 4 months before release; some leaked will likely happen 1-2 weeks before release as they always did.

The issue is GF releasing a trailer, which I think it’s more and more likely to happen in August.
Wow.....Khu is actually gone. And the Twitter profile he's been harassing this entire time is the one responsible for his undoing.(allegedly)
What a crazy month July has been.

Last edited:
I'm a bit concerned about gyms not scaling for whatever order you do them in and am really hoping that is just an early build thing and they have since added it into the game. They would probably know how to do it somewhat, as Klara/Avery had level scaling depending on if you challenged them before/after the Darkest Day, and of course, the levels changed in the Wild Area in SwSh depending on how many gyms you had beaten. So, I'm hoping that is something they added in later. Being able to explore and play the game in order of how you want is integral to open-world games, and while in my experience many of them don't scale to you depending on how much you have done, for Pokemon it does seem necessary because it would probably be impossible to challenge a team of Level 50 pokemon with a level 10 early route 'mon.

They really should drop a trailer at some point explaining all this. After all, this is the first time Pokemon has gone truly open world, so it seems like something they would want to go over. Then again, I think they would want to advertise their game more in general and yet we haven't had a trailer since the beginning of June. I am hoping this dry spell ends soon. They are at least mentioning SV more than they were in the news drought between the 1st and 2nd trailer. I saw the official Twitter posting something about Pawmi last week maybe, and earlier the Japanese youtube channel posted a video where an orchestra performed SV's main theme. This video also revealed plushes for Fuecoco, Quaxly, and Sprigatito. I was hoping that meant we would see something today, but we did not. I still think next week is possible, but I'm leaning more towards early August.

I'm a bit concerned about gyms not scaling for whatever order you do them in and am really hoping that is just an early build thing and they have since added it into the game. They would probably know how to do it somewhat, as Klara/Avery had level scaling depending on if you challenged them before/after the Darkest Day, and of course, the levels changed in the Wild Area in SwSh depending on how many gyms you had beaten. So, I'm hoping that is something they added in later. Being able to explore and play the game in order of how you want is integral to open-world games, and while in my experience many of them don't scale to you depending on how much you have done, for Pokemon it does seem necessary because it would probably be impossible to challenge a team of Level 50 pokemon with a level 10 early route 'mon.
Yeah that's the thing about with how Pokemon battles works, In other open world games you can usually defeat a super difficult enemy you probably shouldn't be challenging yet with enough willpower and cheese. But with Pokemon you aren't beating a team of 5 level 50's with a team of level 10's like you said no matter how hard you try.

Back
Top Bottom