• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• There have been changes to the pronoun field in user profiles. Find out more here!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Hell, I just like charizard. Whenever it's available I like it for my team.
1658343992906.png

Catflower

Reaction score
I just like Charizard tbh, people love to downplay it but it’s there for a reason. It has consistently been one of the most popular Pokémon from Day 1. I get a lot of it comes from the fact Venusaur and Blastoise get shafted, but that’s not Charizard’s fault - many kids and adults alike love fire breathing dragons over flower frogs and cannon turtles. At this point it’s just one of the sub-mascots below Pikachu, like Eevee or Lucario. I can sympathise with the annoyance but it gets overblown sometimes.

yudgefudge

KAMALA KHAN, QUEEN OF THE MCU
Reaction score
The image of Hammer wielding Fairy mon has been leaked. Found this on Twitter
images
I thought this was fr OMG!!!! I gasped AUDIBLY when I clicked the spoiler tag (literally went to see this movie a few hours ago. shit. 5/10 at BEST.)

Also judging by all the leaks...my team so far is Fuecoco3 (I think a crocodile with a chicken on his head is the funniest shit ever), the dung beetle, smolive3, and rf dugtrio

UnownUser

Tadpole Pokémon
Reaction score
So Kaka has deactivated his account again I see, apparently he said he'll quit for real next week.

I'm beginning to suspect his original plan was to stop leaking once a new trailer was released, but it looks like TPC just doesn't want to cooperate. I guess that means we'll be able to enjoy many more days of leaks until August at least.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
From what I have heard he actually just moved over to a discord server? I am not sure honestly there is conflicting info due to the lack of screenshots of anything he says.

Adelon

Swampert's Ghost
Reaction score
So which is more likely? 120 Pokemon or 140 Pokemon? I seem to remember Khu saying that Kaka had mistaken some normal forms (think Vivillion or Deoxys) for separate Pokemon species when he was looking at the code, so I'm thinking the actual number of new designs must be closer to 120.

UnownUser

Tadpole Pokémon
Reaction score
From what I have heard he actually just moved over to a discord server? I am not sure honestly there is conflicting info due to the lack of screenshots of anything he says.
According to one of the translators, he ended up closing the discord server because it was " terrible and unbearable ". I guess things got a little out of hand in there.

So which is more likely? 120 Pokemon or 140 Pokemon? I seem to remember Khu saying that Kaka had mistaken some normal forms (think Vivillion or Deoxys) for separate Pokemon species when he was looking at the code, so I'm thinking the actual number of new designs must be closer to 120.

I think its better to keep expectations on the lower end. If the rumors that the crystal gimmick also causes some form changes are true, then the actual number of new Pokemon is probably much lower than what the code might indicate.

ThreeT

Reaction score
One thing that I feel people are mistaking is Bisharp's evolution. I still believe he has one, but I don't believe it will be based on a chess piece. Japanese Pawniard and Bisharp names in Japanese have nothing to do with chess and only have correlation to what the English writers decided for their names. (Though Pawniard involves Shogi). Of course, they could still give the evolution a chess piece name for English, but I don't think it will be based on one.

Cute Charm

Game Footage Not Final
Reaction score
Did anybody ever get caught (and publicly shamed) for potato quality photos before?

Like the only one I remember is the guy that was dumb enough to leave his discord open and take high quality pictures of his TV.

Atheerios

Poké Maniac
Reaction score
Kaka is not dumb. He knows what he's doing. Pics aren't blurry and weirdly covered just because he wanted, he very carefully covered the digital watermarks.

pls keep drama out of this thread

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
hi! local admin here making an official staff post.

apologies for being rather late with this, but this thread has gotten quite a few reports recently, so i figure it's best to address that in this post.
  • going to ask that we please keep discussions regarding khu as an individual out of this thread. there's been concerns regarding khu's... let's just say personal views that don't really have much relevance towards this thread in particular, and tend to attract drama. would rather not have that here, thanks.
  • similar goes to pretty much regarding anyone else (serebii joe and the like)
  • if there's going to be leaks posted of the pokedex so far, i'm going to ask that the image be refrained from posting because there's a very inappropriate term in there to describe a hammer pokemon... dunno why that term was chosen out of all things but regardless, if there's curiosity of the leaked 'dex, direct them towards centro's twitter. they'll find it sooner or later, or maybe a better leak of it will come out that wouldn't have such gross terminology.
  • i guess the tl;dr in general is please keep any sort of drama out of this thread. c: keep it relaxed and chill, we're here to discuss leaks and rumours and those alone, not to discuss intersite drama or individual people or anything like that.

Last edited:

Atheerios

Poké Maniac
Reaction score
hi! local admin here making an official staff post.

apologies for being rather late with this, but this thread has gotten quite a few reports recently, so i figure it's best to address that in this post.
  • going to ask that we please keep discussions regarding khu as an individual out of this thread. there's been concerns regarding khu's... let's just say personal views that don't really have much relevance towards this thread in particular, and tend to attract drama. would rather not have that here, thanks.
  • if there's going to be leaks posted of the pokedex so far, i'm going to ask that the image be refrained from posting because there's a very inappropriate term in there to describe a hammer pokemon... dunno why that term was chosen out all things but regardless, if there's curiosity of the leaked 'dex, direct them towards centro's twitter. they'll find it sooner or later, or maybe a better leak of it will come out that wouldn't have such gross terminology.
  • i guess the tl;dr in general is please keep any sort of drama out of this thread. c: keep it relaxed and chill, we're here to discuss leaks and rumours and those alone, not to discuss intersite drama or individual people or anything like that.
The Pokédex image originated from this very thread, so there should be no issue changing the term, right @Joker901

Also what do you think about changing Regional Fakes (a made up term from Khu) to something more fitting like convergent?

UnownUser

Tadpole Pokémon
Reaction score
I think people overestimate how easy it is to come across leaks on the internet unless you're knee deep in a particular fandom. Pokemon's audience is vast and mostly casual, so unless there are very clear images floating around I don't think TPC will be rushing to take down a leaker.

In addition, without the additional context about why we think Kaka is reliable, I think most casual Pokemon fans will write his words and images off as one of the million dime-a-dozen fake leaks that are always floating around. We might see the tide start to shift once the next trailer comes out though, especially if it contains information that can solidify the legitimacy of Kaka's info.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Speaking of, Khu is saying they are going to stop sharing leaks because yada yada Centro. But they have said similar before just to continue doing so, so not sure if it should be taken completely seriously.

Also yeah, just replace the word with like, small or child or some such, so you keep the descriptiveness while ditching the word.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Update: Khu is blaming it on Centro for some reason but, they have stopped because enough people on Twitter have reported the account for them to get warned by twitter. So seems like it's for good now.

Which really sucks if Kaka stops too because that leaves us in both a news drought and leak drought.

Top Bottom