• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I think if Kaka is really, definitively gone, Khu will probably come back. I suspect the main reason Khu decided to stop leaking is more because Kaka showed up and derailed all the riddles and teasing he had planned (hence the "not fun anymore" comment). If Kaka is out of the equation, I can see Khu making a "triumphant return" to get into the spotlight again.
Actually seemingly the reason he left is because his account was reported and that lead to an I think automated warning by Twitter. That and beef between Centro (In now deleted tweets), one that actually goes beyond "I don't like him reposting info", but I won't get into it. So yeah I think Khu really is gone for good.

Actually seemingly the reason he left is because his account was reported and that lead to an I think automated warning by Twitter. That and beef between Centro (In now deleted tweets), one that actually goes beyond "I don't like him reposting info", but I won't get into it. So yeah I think Khu really is gone for good.
Yeah I'm up to date on the situation, but I'm still a little skeptical about whether Khu is telling the truth. He might be gone for now, but he's implied in other posts that he will eventually return. For the time being though, I do agree its best to assume that he won't be leaking anything else for Scarlet/Violet.

Yeah I'm up to date on the situation, but I'm still a little skeptical about whether Khu is telling the truth. He might be gone for now, but he's implied in other posts that he will eventually return. For the time being though, I do agree its best to assume that he won't be leaking anything else for Scarlet/Violet.
Khu said he'll return in 2023 and hint stuff for the dlc/sequel/remake they have planned for then.

EDIT: Actually, Khu says we won't be sharing information again due to the warnings he got from Twitter. He's actually gone guys.

It’s kind of standard in RPGs now, and as Daren said it’s easier to balance around one than both. That said, the option is nice and they could still tweak it a lot better. Let’s say they return to PLA’s EXP at battle’s end system, they could try something like:

- Pokémon that fought against a certain Pokémon get 100% of the EXP value of that Pokémon’s EXP if they fainted it and didn’t swap or the other Pokémon that faced it fainted.

- Multiple Pokémon that fought the same Pokémon get 50% of that Pokemon’s EXP value

- Pokémon get 25% of the value for each Pokémon they did nothing against

That way, it’s still important to actively use your lesser-used party member to keep them up to speed.
The thing is, Pokémon isn't like most typical RPGs that utilize that feature.
  • The EV system is quite unique to Pokémon. Previously, Players were able to more specifically control what Pokémon gained what EV to make their Pokémon stronger in the stat(s) they chose. A forced EXP. Share muddles that up completely for standard play and makes the process more scrutinizing or cumbersome when one intentionally wants to do it (ex. having to repeatedly exchange Pokémon in the PC so they don't get the EVs in question that you're grinding/only take one Pokémon with you into the field, instead of being able to have your entire party around).
  • The RPGs you're referencing typically have multiple party members present for the battles to earn EXP., rather than only one largely being used and the party leveling up due to it.
  • They've shown two times over now with SWSH (especially if you try to play the Island of Armor DLC and get the mandatory EXP. Charm) and BDSP that they cannot properly scale the game with this EXP. Share. In most cases, you will be overleveled compared to other Trainers, Gym Leaders, etc. barring end game level opponents such as the Champion, who have large level gaps to make for an artificial sense of "balance" (Leon & Cynthia).
  • It also doesn't factor the numerous other ways of getting EXP, which all compound - notably the large EXP. boost provided by Affection (which is mandatory given having been merged with Friendship, outside of purposely mistreating your Pokémon) and the other methods that Daren referred to, such as exploring, simply catching Pokémon, Camping/Jobs/EXP. Charm, etc. And there is already EXP. Candy (which is likely to be returning due to Raid Battles returning) which quickly raises levels and is a plentiful resource.
The argument of having less to account for regarding enemy level design feels moot to me given that players can overlevel and outmatch opponents regardless of the EXP Share All or not. And that's not considering other elements players can take advantage of to make up for a lack of level (or just in general) such as exploiting type matchups, using gimmicks (Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Dynamax), using items (both held and non-held), receiving Affection bonuses, exploiting traded Pokémon, being able to outright revive Pokémon during battle, capitalizing off powerful species and Abilities, and exploiting sheer numbers (ex. bringing a full party to a two party Gym Battle). If we're looking at boss design in this day and age for a mainline Pokémon game, the key element to that is not the Exp. Share (outside of Legends of Arceus).

That said, I like your suggestion for the in place system if nothing else can change. Although, I'd reduce the 25% that non-combatants receive to something lower, such as 5-10%.
You will probably have instant access to your boxes again, just rotate your team through that.
No.

And I'm not interested in superficial, appeasing suggestions to valid complaints for these games as it doesn't solve the inherent problem or properly address it.
I actually like the system because it encourages me to have a rotating roster of more than the 6 Pokemon you are forced into using. Also means that early mon you would normally swap out towards the end of the game get a chance to keep making appearances.
People may not want to raise an entire Pokedex though and it's a pretty self-interested take for something that previously wasn't an issue and accommodated a larger amount of people (which I think is something games should try to do as much as they can, within reason). Instead of telling players to raise more Pokémon than they would like or Pokémon they may not even be interested in as to not overlevel and diminish gameplay, why not just make the main reason of overleveling optional? As it was already for years? It's always one step forward and two steps back with this franchise.

Okay so the more I learn about pokemon players the weirder my experience ends up being. Even with EXP share I rarely end up being over leveled for things.
Also on a more side note I actually like my Pokemon having a wide range of EV's, with PLA I had problems for a while where Pokemon I didn't put any EL values in defense for were consistently one shot. Technically not fully the same thing but you get my gist.

Last edited:
I think the ultimate effect the EXP share has on the player's party depends very much on how they choose to play. A player who just focuses on completing the main story probably won't end up over leveled, while a player who chooses to explore every nook and cranny might end up being so. Not to mention whether or not they choose to use many of the other features that give EXP mentioned earlier.

That said, this does beg the question: if all of the other methods to augment a Pokemon's EXP gain are optional, why isn't the EXP Share optional as well? I don't really think there is logical reason for it other than "GF doesn't want it to be". They've done a few things to try and mitigate the inconveniences caused by this change (e.g. making the boxes accessible from everywhere, making it easier to get EV items like feathers, berries, and vitamins), but honestly, I don't think anything other than making the EXP Share optional will really satisfy the fans who have been critical of the decision.

Guys, le'ts be honest, it's Gf! Aren't we used to good features being badly implemented into the games? I mean, do you remember how pokemon followed you in the Isle of Armor (Falinks on stairs)?

Yes! You can battle gyms in any order but you are basically forced to do them in the order we decided unless you want to face a level 12 bug in the last gym!
(This is so GF :cautious: )
So random thought, all that was said is that there is no scaling. What if every gym leader is just level 55-60 no matter what order you take them on in. This would probably mean needing to have other things to do until we're actually strong enough to take them on.

Wasn't it said we had to fight them each twice to get through the game? Maybe the first time they're not scaled but the second time they are (or are all the same leveled like I speculated above)

One of Kaka's latest posts seemed to imply that the available Pokeballs are tied to the number of badges, similar to past games where gym badges were the main mark of game progression. I think this would be a very strange decision if there was no gym scaling whatsoever, as it would basically be forcing you to fight the low level gyms first in order to unlock Great Balls and Ultra Balls, otherwise you might have trouble later.

In any case, the presence of "scaling" appears to be one of the big question marks when it comes to Kaka's leaks. "Scaling" as a concept in Pokemon can be vague and confusing for people who are not familiar, and without access to Kaka's actual posts, its difficult to determine to what extent miscommunication and mistranslation occurred. As many have said, we really need TPC to come out with more official news to clear things up before we can judge how good (or poorly) these mechanics were executed.

I doubt no kind of 'scaling' will be implemented, whether it's actual level scaling for things like gyms and some other encounters (maybe with some limited brackets), or the presence of multiple teams.

I feel like the presence of a system akin to gym scaling would at least be mentioned or described on the official website when the feature is announced. Something like "Tackle the gyms in any order! The gym leader's teams will change depending on when you fight them!" or something to that effect. If something like that second sentence isn't mentioned, then I think we could be more confident that there isn't any scaling involved, as strange as that may be.

Wow, it sounds like the leaders really are gone for real. :(Oh well, we are likely getting a trailer on August 3rd.

One more thing about Khu since he is no more and is old news. What was the point of his riddle with Sudowoodo and why was he asking what type it was? It wasn't a paradox pokemon, so that riddle was completely pointless.
They said it was about the gimmick:

"Info from March and the 2 polls are about the gimmick. Why I chose these 2, you would find the answer in November or later trailers."

Even knowing (more or less) the gimmick now, I am clueless about this riddle. Maybe there are still some info to discover about the gimmick beside the crystal-shape and STAB.
Maybe there is in fact a sort of Gigamax equivalent to the new gimmick that Kaka did not reveal (or did not see), related to Sudowoodo and Teddiursa.

One more thing about Khu since he is no more and is old news. What was the point of his riddle with Sudowoodo and why was he asking what type it was? It wasn't a paradox pokemon, so that riddle was completely pointless.
Probably that sudowoodo pretends to be something it's not (a tree) and the fakes look like something they aren't (jigglypuff except it's not jigglypuff it's vampirepuff)

Regional fakes are not a thing and even if it was, Khu distinguished them from Paradox Pokemon (which they called new concept).

And again, it was about the gimmick as confirmed by Khu themselves.

This thread is gonna be real dead for a while huh
That's true, but this is also how it should be in July. We had plenty of informations leaked 4 months before release. I still want to have some surprise when playing the games. Now I just need TPCi to remember they have two games that will be released this year.

Back
Top Bottom