• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

My calculations:

~10 3-stage lines (the starters, and 7 non-starters) = 30
~1 split line (that fire type) = 3
~21 two stage lines (4 of which we don't know about, so I'm splitting the diffference) = 42
~7 single-stage lines = 7
Thanks for correcting my calculations, this is a lot better, I was definitely being overly optimistic about 3-stage lines.

Based on your update, I think we could also create a distribution for a lower-end estimate by assuming that Primeape is the last cross-gen evo before the legendaries, as opposed to the first, which would give us around 77 Pokemon to spread out across 39 lines (96 - 14 Paradox - 5 Cross Gens):
  • 10 3-Stage Lines = 30
  • 1 Split Line = 3
  • 16 2-Stage Lines = 32
  • 12 1-Stage Lines = 12
A range of 102 ~ 107 New Pokemon more or less matches Kaka's correction about the number of new Pokemon as well, so I think we've probably arrived at a fairly accurate estimation. Now all that's left is to figure out which leaked Pokemon belong to which line.

EDIT: To help with that, Khu has provided a collage that depicts the 38 lines that he has teased so far (Including Cross-Gen Evos). From the collage, it seems that we can confirm that the Poison Flower and the Rock Salt Pokemon are two separate (but possibly related) lines. This was doubly confirmed when Khu mentioned Rock Salt being one of his potential team members, meaning it is likely the "unknown Rock-Type" many people have on thier lists.

After going over the collage, I think these are probably the 38 lines (which include Cross Gen Evos) he considers part of his leaks:
  1. Sprigatito
  2. Fuecoco
  3. Quaxly
  4. Koraidon
  5. Miraidon
  6. Lechonk
  7. Smoliv
  8. Pawmi
  9. Fidough
  10. Cetitan
  11. Ghost Dog
  12. Dark Dog
  13. Dung Beetle
  14. Kamen Hopper
  15. Spider
  16. Coin
  17. Frog
  18. Dolphin
  19. Diglett Eel
  20. Tentacool Mushroom
  21. Bike
  22. Ostrich
  23. Thunderbird (Mizudori, Denki and Chips)
  24. Sushi
  25. Tumbleweed
  26. Rock Salt
  27. Poison Flower
  28. Hammer (Craftsman)
  29. Engine
  30. Chilli (Habanero)
  31. DingLu Ground? Ground/Dark Sublegend?
  32. Yuyu Fire? Fire/Dark Sublegend?
  33. Oyakata? (Labelled “2” next to Sushi)
  34. Primeape Evo
  35. Girafarig Evo
  36. Dunsparce Evo
  37. Wooper Evo
  38. Bisharp Evo
The last three before the cross-gen evos I’m not too sure about. I originally thought that “Oyakata” also referred to Sushi, but the numbers don’t line up correctly otherwise, unless I missed something in the collage.

EDIT 2: Made some changes because I did miss something, I think the list above is the proper tally of the 38 Pokemon Lines present in Khu's collage.

Last edited:
Speaking as a fan of that game, that's sadly not saying much. Gates to Infinity is arguably the least popular of the PMD games ignoring the Wiiware ones and its cast tends to slip under the radar, so I don't think that would've tipped the scales in its favor.

I do think you're right that it's probably leftover data and the rest of the trios also get forms though.
I think that it's a sign that we're gonna get both Johto and Unova remakes this gen in 2024 and 2025 respectively, especially considering that they might want Gen 10 out in 2026 for the 30th anniversary.,

I think that it's a sign that we're gonna get both Johto and Unova remakes this gen in 2024 and 2025 respectively, especially considering that they might want Gen 10 out in 2026 for the 30th anniversary.,
While I love the idea I'm not convinced they'd remake two separate generations in the same generation. Then again, they've given many regional forms and new evolutions to Unova Pokemon.

While I love the idea I'm not convinced they'd remake two separate generations in the same generation. Then again, they've given many regional forms and new evolutions to Unova Pokemon.
This gen is going heavy on the Johto and Unova favoritism, especially if their Legendaries do indeed get past and future forms. This was like how Mega Blaziken was made an event Pokemon for XY and how the Crown Tundra left out the Sinnoh fossils while letting in all the other fossils.

Based on your update, I think we could also create a distribution for a lower-end estimate by assuming that Primeape is the last cross-gen evo before the legendaries, as opposed to the first, which would give us around 77 Pokemon to spread out across 39 lines (96 - 14 Paradox - 5 Cross Gens):
  • 10 3-Stage Lines = 30
  • 1 Split Line = 3
  • 16 2-Stage Lines = 32
  • 12 1-Stage Lines = 12
A range of 102 ~ 107 New Pokemon more or less matches Kaka's correction about the number of new Pokemon as well, so I think we've probably arrived at a fairly accurate estimation. Now all that's left is to figure out which leaked Pokemon belong to which line.
Very true. I didn't consider the possibility that Primeape's evo was last, but it's definitely a possibility.

Oyakata? (Labelled “2” next to Sushi)

Hmm, this is interesting. I would need someone who actually speaks japanese to weigh in, but I think oyakata can mean 'master'. So, lol, I don't know. Maybe it's a chef pokemon that made the sushi pokemon.

And I wonder if the tumbleweed is a pokemon that looks like Tangela. I don't remember hearing about it.

I think this leaves us with two pokemon we know nothing about, and two pokemon that might be 'variables'.

1. flamingo
  2. parakeet
  3. earthworm
  4. crab
  5. Ice/Dragon Psuedo
  6. the split fire evo
  7. 3rd sub legend
  8. 4th sub legend
  9. The 3-stage fire type? (could be the chili pepper or split evo)
  10. A fish pokemon (could be the sushi?)
  11. NO details
  12. NO details

I don't think it's that much of a stretch, considering they have another studio making games for them now.

It just so happened that in gen 8 they both made games based off of Sinnoh/Hisui, but in gen 9 they could easily end up focusing on different regions. (i.e a Johto remake and a Unova legends game)

Personally I don't really think a Johto remake is all that likely, but that's beside the point.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch, considering they have another studio making games for them now.

It just so happened that in gen 8 they both made games based off of Sinnoh/Hisui, but in gen 9 they could easily end up focusing on different regions. (i.e a Johto remake and a Unova legends game)

Personally I don't really think a Johto remake is all that likely, but that's beside the point.
Johto is pretty much next in line for a remake. It's the most inaccessible generation to new players and no new game has been made in the region since 2009.

tbh, i see people mentioning it would be odd if we only have one rock type.

Ever since we get smaller dexes, there are only 1 type of mons in the dex
Kalos gave us Scatterbug line (Bug)
Alola gave us Crabominable (Ice). This is not counting Alolan Sandshrew line and Alolan Vulpix line, since they aren't counted towards new mons in the Alola dex
Galar gave us Sandaconda line (Ground).

Alola gave us Crabominable (Ice). This is not counting Alolan Sandshrew line and Alolan Vulpix line, since they aren't counted towards new mons in the Alola dex
As of now, its looking like there's only the rock salt Pokemon? I think there's only one ground type also? The earthworm? I don't think we know what the types of the Paradox Pokemon will be?

Well, I think that LGPE was a one-off designed to help bring GO players into the main series.
Then its not very likely that Johto is next in line for a remake. Its not likely that they're just gonna remake Johto suddenly when Unova comes after Sinnoh. Only way right now is if they decide to revist Let's Go, which they don't have plans for currently, or if they continue Legends and do one set in Johto.

Last edited:

Kalos is a different beast I think because we got so few new Pokemon to begin with to the point that having more than one line for some types wasn't even feasible. I don't think you can really compare a group of 72 pokemon to what looks like it'll be a 100+ group in Paldea.

Also, for Galar I consider Runerigus a new Pokemon. (being connected to an old Pokemon doesn't make a difference to me personally, as long as the pokemon itself is new) so I would consider Galar to have introduced two ground lines.

I don't think it's impossible for a gen to introduce only one new line for a type obviously (I mean, it's happened before), but I think if we're really getting 100+ new regular mons it seems unlikely not to get at least two different lines. (even if it was a two stager and a standalone/cross gen evolution)

If nothing else I could see a paradox pokemon being part rock type (if you think about it, rock type probably fits pretty well with the idea of ancient paradox pokemon), although I'm still a little hazy on whether or not I'd really see them as "new" Pokemon.

and I still think it would be odd, even if it did happen. I don't feel like there's much of an excuse to only introduce one line for a type when you introduce over 100 new Pokemon....

Last edited:
Don't we only know about 1 steel type as well? Kind of funny considering Rock and Steel can be associated with ancient/future respectively. All the other types have at least two.

Edit: this discussion reminds me of how I'll never understand why, between gens 1 and 2, we only got 2 ghost type lines. One of which was a pain to evolve, and the other which didn't evolve (and was kind of terrible)

Last edited:
Kalos is a different beast I think because we got so few new Pokemon to begin with to the point that having more than one line for some types wasn't even feasible. I don't think you can really compare a group of 72 pokemon to what looks like it'll be a 100+ group in Paldea.

Also, for Galar I consider Runerigus a new Pokemon. (being connected to an old Pokemon doesn't make a difference to me personally, as long as the pokemon itself is new) so I would consider Galar to have introduced two ground lines.

I don't think it's impossible for a gen to introduce only one new line for a type obviously (I mean, it's happened before), but I think if we're really getting 100+ new regular mons it seems unlikely not to get at least two different lines. (even if it was a two stager and a standalone/cross gen evolution)

If nothing else I could see a paradox pokemon being part rock type (if you think about it, rock type probably fits pretty well with the idea of ancient paradox pokemon), although I'm still a little hazy on whether or not I'd really see them as "new" Pokemon.

and I still think it would be odd, even if it did happen. I don't feel like there's much of an excuse to only introduce one line for a type when you introduce over 100 new Pokemon....

Damn, forgot about Runerigus, yeah, its just that forgettable to me because of its evolution method.

Don't we only know about 1 steel type as well? Kind of funny considering Rock and Steel can be associated with ancient/future respectively. All the other types have at least two.

Edit: this discussion reminds me of how I'll never understand why, between gens 1 and 2, we only got 2 ghost type lines. One of which was a pain to evolve, and the other which didn't evolve (and was kind of terrible)
We know we got the Poison/Steel engine. The coin and gold idol could be Ghost/Steel potentially. I know there's the fire blade also.

According to Khu:

- The Tentacool-like mushroom-Pokémon (a 'RFake') is meant to mislead the trainers of the Paldea region; It's a mimic. Its jelly is edible and delicious and a part of popular Paldean cuisine. The dex somehow 'makes fun' of trainers who caught them. Which leads me to believe it might be a bit of a goofy and 'weak' Pokémon (my personal interpretation).

- The salt rock and poison flower Pokémon are different things.

- The coin is rather hard to collect (think of Spiritomb in PLA).

@A Wild Luxray The coin is presumably pure Ghost-type. Nothing on its evolution as of yet. The Fire Blade is presumably part Steel-type, indeed.

Then its not very likely that Johto is next in line for a remake. Its not likely that they're just gonna remake Johto suddenly when Unova comes after Sinnoh. Only way right now is if they decide to revist Let's Go, which they don't have plans for currently, or if they continue Legends and do one set in Johto.
I don't see us getting Unova remakes next when Johto is the most out of date region, having not been revisited since Gen 4 all the way back in 2009. The 3DS's eShop services are going down, and the VC releases of the Gen 2 games are leaving with them, so there isn't an easy legal way to play the Johto games. The only remedy to this other than remakes is to add Game Boy titles to the NSO service and add the Gen 1 and 2 games, but I still think that the devs want to revisit the Johto region. Johto will look amazing in the SV style.

@A Wild Luxray The coin is presumably pure Ghost-type. Nothing on its evolution as of yet. The Fire Blade is presumably part Steel-type, indeed.
Guess we'll have to wait then for more information, if Kaka or Khu even confirm the type. We likely at least have 2 Steel lines.

In terms of types, I think Ice is getting lucky this gen. I believe we have at least 4 lines? Cetitan's line, the icicle (Though this one is unclear), our psuedo, and a member of the Legendary quartet.

I need to make a list of types. As of now, Rock might have the least amount of new Pokemon.
I don't see us getting Unova remakes next when Johto is the most out of date region, having not been revisited since Gen 4 all the way back in 2009. The 3DS's eShop services are going down, and the VC releases of the Gen 2 games are leaving with them, so there isn't an easy legal way to play the Johto games. The only remedy to this other than remakes is to add Game Boy titles to the NSO service and add the Gen 1 and 2 games, but I still think that the devs want to revisit the Johto region. Johto will look amazing in the SV style.
They don't operate based on what is easily accessible or not. Someday Johto will be remade, but just because it won't be easy to purchase a legal copy, it doesn't guarantee it will be remade before Unova, which we know is next in line based on the pattern established.

Last edited:
Guess we'll have to wait then for more information, if Kaka or Khu even confirm the type. We likely at least have 2 Steel lines.

In terms of types, I think Ice is getting lucky this gen. I believe we have at least 4 lines? Cetitan's line, the icicle (Though this one is unclear), our psuedo, and a member of the Legendary quartet.

I need to make a list of types. As of now, Rock might have the least amount of new Pokemon.

They don't operate based on what is easily accessible or not. Someday Johto will be remade, but just because it won't be easy to purchase a legal copy, it doesn't guarantee it will be remade before Unova, which we know is next in line based on the pattern established.
They remade Kanto again (through LGPE) before Sinnoh was remade. It looks like remakes are factored into this remake pattern, as Johto was remade before BW came out. Johto is the most out of date region and the hardest for a fan to access. Before 2021 it was Sinnoh.

Back
Top Bottom