• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

They remade Kanto again (through LGPE) before Sinnoh was remade. It looks like remakes are factored into this remake pattern, as Johto was remade before BW came out. Johto is the most out of date region and the hardest for a fan to access. Before 2021 it was Sinnoh.
If that is true we could be looking at another Hoenn game in 10-15 years time (very crude guesstimate).

I sure hope so.

So since I was already way too deep in my analysis, I drew up my own Dex Chart based on what I could dig up from Khu/Kaka, as well as from other charts floating around out there:

45-Lines.png

A few things of note:
  • Green highlights are Khu's 38 Lines, while Red highlights are "uncertain" slots.
  • "Regional Rodent" is assumed to be one of the currently unknown slots (red highlight), because none of the other Pokemon match the archetype.
  • "Icicles", "Three Stage Fire" and possibly "Blue Fish" almost certainly overlap with already-revealed lines, otherwise, Khu wouldn't have said there are still "a few" more lines left to reveal. In which case, those two or three slots should be left blank.
  • I suspect Khu's "Oyakata" might also overlap with one of Kaka's reveals, possibly Crab since the Oyakata could be a "sushi master" that rivals the sushi Pokemon. This would create one more blank slot.
  • This list creates a distribution of 10 3-Stage lines, 1 Split Evo, 19 2-Stage Lines, and 9 1-Stage lines for normal Pokemon, with 6 1-Stage Legendaries. This is assuming that everything Khu and Kaka have said about the number of stages for each line is accurate, and all Pokemon with uncertain numbers of evolutions (e.g. Tumbleweed) are 1-Stagers.
  • This results in a final tally of 105 New Pokemon, including Paradox and Cross-Gens.
Khu has returned to posting cryptic hints on his own account, but I think it will be difficult to decipher them without additional input from Kaka. Unfortunately, Kaka will supposedly be on break for this week, so we may not be able to make any further progress until he reappears.

So since I was already way too deep in my analysis, I drew up my own Dex Chart based on what I could dig up from Khu/Kaka, as well as from other charts floating around out there:

A few things of note:
  • Green highlights are Khu's 38 Lines, while Red highlights are "uncertain" slots.
  • "Regional Rodent" is assumed to be one of the currently unknown slots (red highlight), because none of the other Pokemon match the archetype.
  • "Icicles", "Three Stage Fire" and possibly "Blue Fish" almost certainly overlap with already-revealed lines, otherwise, Khu wouldn't have said there are still "a few" more lines left to reveal. In which case, those two or three slots should be left blank.
  • I suspect Khu's "Oyakata" might also overlap with one of Kaka's reveals, possibly Crab since the Oyakata could be a "sushi master" that rivals the sushi Pokemon. This would create one more blank slot.
  • This list creates a distribution of 10 3-Stage lines, 1 Split Evo, 19 2-Stage Lines, and 9 1-Stage lines for normal Pokemon, with 6 1-Stage Legendaries. This is assuming that everything Khu and Kaka have said about the number of stages for each line is accurate, and all Pokemon with uncertain numbers of evolutions (e.g. Tumbleweed) are 1-Stagers.
  • This results in a final tally of 105 New Pokemon, including Paradox and Cross-Gens.
Khu has returned to posting cryptic hints on his own account, but I think it will be difficult to decipher them without additional input from Kaka. Unfortunately, Kaka will supposedly be on break for this week, so we may not be able to make any further progress until he reappears.
We don't have all types confirmed for some of these Pokemon, but based on what we currently have, not including Paradox Pokemon, we have...

Grass- 4 new lines
Fire- 4 new lines
Water- 3 new lines (4 if the dolphin is Water)
Electric- 4 new lines
Flying- 2 new lines (3 if the parakeet is Flying)
Normal- 3 new lines
Bug- 3 new lines
Rock- 1 new line
Ground- 2 new lines (3 if the earthworm is Ground)
Fighting- 5 new lines
Ghost- 4 new lines
Poison- 3 new lines
Psychic- 3 new lines
Ice- 3 new lines (4 if the icicle is not just Cetitan)
Dragon- 4 new lines
Steel- 2 new lines
Dark- 7 new lines
Fairy- 2 new lines

As mentioned, this doesn't include Paradox Pokemon. The lines do include single stage Pokemon also. As of now, it appears we have quite a few new Dark types, with Sprigatito gaining the Dark type, a Dark dog, Bisharp's evo, and the Legendary quartet. Rock currently has the least amount of new Pokemon, with just 1 new line. Unfortunately we might not get the rest for a week if Kaka is taking a week break. Khu's riddles are useless when 90% of the time they don't make any sense until after the reveal...IF we can.

In a shocking twist, Khu actually provided useful information again: A graphic that shows exactly how many new 3-stage, 2-stage, and 1-stage Pokemon lines there are in the game.

According to Khu's graphic:
  • 8 3-Stage Lines
  • 1 Split Evo
  • 21 2-Stage Lines
  • 15 1-Stage Lines (including Legendaries)
With this, I can revise my graphic to look like this:

45-Lines-V2.png

Main changes:
  • "Three-Stage Fire" removed, its most likely the Chilli Pokemon or the Fire Split Evo
  • "Kamen Rider" Bug dropped from 3 stages to 2 stages.
  • Unknown Section revised to include 3 2-Stage mons and 1 1-stage mons, which is necessary to match Khu's graphic, unless "Tumbleweed" is a 2-stager
  • Included some additional cryptic comments Khu made recently about "Boss Pokemon" and the Crab.
  • Final tally of base New Pokemon: 103, up to 105 if DLC is included.

Last edited:
Now we know for sure that we are getting 105 new Pokemon. Overall, this is a pretty good number after three generations of only 70-80 new Pokemon. I think though there's the 2 Paradox Pokemon that might be saved for DLC, so SV might launch with 103, bringing us to a grand total of 1008 Pokemon, 1010 including Paradox Suicune and Virizion.

Last edited:
Now we know for sure that we are getting 105 new Pokemon. Overall, this is a pretty good number after three generations of only 70-80 new Pokemon. I think though there's the 2 Paradox Pokemon that might be saved for DLC, so SV might launch with 103, bringing us to a grand total of 1008 Pokemon, 1010 including Paradox Suicune and Virizion.

To be honest though, even though paradox pokemon are supposed to be "new" pokemon, it's hard for me to treat them as such when they look like existing Pokemon. It's hard not for me to lump them in with other forms like regional variants and the like.

In that sense it's more like 88 entirely new Pokemon, which is more in line with what we've been getting in recent gens anyway. (that's also not counting the "rfakes", although with them it would be 92)

I guess the DLCs will add more new Pokémon. Not only Suicune and Virizion paradox.
Yeah, this seems like a possibility that not many others are talking about. With Isle Of Armor/Crown Tundra, we got 4 new Regional Variant lines (Slowpoke, Kanto Birds), as well as 6 new Legendaries lines (Urshifu, Regis, Calyrex, Steeds).

From what has been hinted so far, the DLC seems to revolve around the Terastal Phenomenon as well as the "Third Legendary" that powers it. So we will get at minimum 2 New Paradox Pokemon as well as 1 New Legendary. If the DLC is still being developed, I suppose the current leakers probably won't have access to further details just yet.

A few things of note:
Someone asked Kaka if the fish and the sushi mon are the same pokemon and he said they are different lines.

It could still be the single-stage crab-like Pokémon (or not).
I wouldn't consider a crab-like pokemon a fish. Also, there are really few water types this gen (Quaxly, Sushi, maybe dolphin and Fake Diglett). Usually water is the most used type with grass.
Btw, the Parakeet is a standalone if I recall correctly.

Someone asked Kaka if the fish and the sushi mon are the same pokemon and he said they are different lines.
Good to know that the fish is separate, I corrected the mistake with the Parakeet too in my second version of the graphic:

In a shocking twist, Khu actually provided useful information again: A graphic that shows exactly how many new 3-stage, 2-stage, and 1-stage Pokemon lines there are in the game.

According to Khu's graphic:
  • 8 3-Stage Lines
  • 1 Split Evo
  • 21 2-Stage Lines
  • 15 1-Stage Lines (including Legendaries)
With this, I can revise my graphic to look like this:

Main changes:
  • "Three-Stage Fire" removed, its most likely the Chilli Pokemon or the Fire Split Evo
  • "Kamen Rider" Bug dropped from 3 stages to 2 stages.
  • Unknown Section revised to include 3 2-Stage mons and 1 1-stage mons, which is necessary to match Khu's graphic, unless "Tumbleweed" is a 2-stager
  • Included some additional cryptic comments Khu made recently about "Boss Pokemon" and the Crab.
  • Final tally of base New Pokemon: 103, up to 105 if DLC is included.
I'll make another version once we have more info about the unknown slots. I'm fairly confident in the accuracy of the placements of the Pokemon leaked so far though.

Yeah, this seems like a possibility that not many others are talking about. With Isle Of Armor/Crown Tundra, we got 4 new Regional Variant lines (Slowpoke, Kanto Birds), as well as 6 new Legendaries lines (Urshifu, Regis, Calyrex, Steeds).

From what has been hinted so far, the DLC seems to revolve around the Terastal Phenomenon as well as the "Third Legendary" that powers it. So we will get at minimum 2 New Paradox Pokemon as well as 1 New Legendary. If the DLC is still being developed, I suppose the current leakers probably won't have access to further details just yet.
I expect other paradoxes and also 2 new cross evolutions.

That would look pretty entertaining with the Normal Terastral type. Crownception.

This would’ve looked real in… Gen 1. While I really like the design and hope it’s real, it seems kinda out of touch from GameFreak’s make-everything-an-overdesigned-anthro strategy.
I hope it’s real but currently it’s a 50-50 for me. If it is, it might be one of my favourites!

3 stages x8: Starters; Pawmi: Smolive; Electric Bird; Pseudo Leg.; (8°)?
2 Stages x21: Lechonk; Hammer; Coin; Fidough; Ghost Dog; Dark Dog; Dolphin; Salt Rock; Poison Flower; Beetle; Kamen Rider; Engine; Cetitan; Frog; Ostrich; Fake Diglett; Fake Tentacool (Spider; Fish; Pepper; 21°?).
Split Evolution x1: Fire Mon/Fire Blade/Fire Warrior.
Standalone x31: Parakeet; Flamingo; Worm; Crab; Bike; Sushi; 4 Sub Legends; Koraidon; Miraidon; 16 Paradox (29°?30°?31°?).

3 stages x8: Starters; Pawmi: Smolive; Electric Bird; Pseudo Leg.; (8°)?
2 Stages x21: Lechonk; Hammer; Coin; Fidough; Ghost Dog; Dark Dog; Dolphin; Salt Rock; Poison Flower; Beetle; Kamen Rider; Engine; Cetitan; Frog; Ostrich; Fake Diglett; Fake Tentacool (Spider; Fish; Pepper; 21°?).
Split Evolution x1: Fire Mon/Fire Blade/Fire Warrior.
Standalone x31: Parakeet; Flamingo; Worm; Crab; Bike; Sushi; 4 Sub Legends; Koraidon; Miraidon; 16 Paradox (29°?30°?31°?).
The only thing that's unclear is what is the 8th 3 stage Pokemon. Is it the chili pepper, grasshopper, or something else?

I'm very happy with the spread. It might be my cue to finally step back. There's nothing left to leak, really, except spoilers. I will probably make a new dex graphic and update it with official news, but other than that, I really want to try and stay away now. (I will probably fail at that, but oh well.)

Let's say 1/3 of this gen is made by standalone pokémon. I would have prefererred more lines honestly, considering from now on Paradox pokémon will be considered as UBs, so who knows when we will see them again after S/V.

Back
Top Bottom