• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Didn't a leaker say something about the hake fish being bioluminescent? Or am I misremembering that?

I guess it's not that easy to tell if it has those details just based on this zoomed in image.

Yeah i know Arrokuda has less teeth, but the facial structure is the same, so i think its the catfish actually.

Actually, having looked up both the catfish and hake fish, i am gonna say with 100% certainty this is supposed to be the hake fish (Most likely from the Merlucciidae family, since its different from the Pycidae, the Merlucces one seems to have more teeth and is slimmer, so it resembles the picture more).

Just thought about something relating Wooper as well... it got chased away from the ocean by a predator. This might be the predator.
Wooper is more of a river/lake Pokémon, though.

I'm quite bored of all these fishes. Most of them are useless, not counting they are usually single type and have low BST.

So, as of this moment we know the following about the fishes (please correct me if I'm wrong):
  • The 'hake' fish is a standalone, dual Water/??? type. Not a two-staged Pokémon, as was speculated earlier. Has some sort of bioluminescent part on its body.
  • The 'sushi-master'/'Oyakata'/catfish is stand-alone and a pure Water-type and has something to do with the stand-alone Water/Dragon type sushi-dragon.
  • The stand-alone Ground/??? type is not a thing, the Ground-typing belongs to something else. Maybe the two-stage tumbleweed? Unconfirmed.

@Joker901 Am I interpreting this correctly?

So, as of this moment we know the following about the fishes (please correct me if I'm wrong):
  • The 'hake' fish is a standalone, dual Water/??? type. Not a two-staged Pokémon, as was speculated earlier. Has some sort of bioluminescent part on its body.
  • The 'sushi-master'/'Oyakata'/catfish is stand-alone and a pure Water-type and has something to do with the stand-alone Water/Dragon type sushi-dragon.
  • The stand-alone Ground/??? type is not a thing, the Ground-typing belongs to something else. Maybe the two-stage tumbleweed? Unconfirmed.

@Joker901 Am I interpreting this correctly?
I honestly didn't read anything about the hake fish being bioluminescent but today someone mentioned it, so It may be real.
Everything else is correct.

Found this on 4chan. Real or fake? I'm leaning towards fake myself, but it matches the description of the supposed Parental Bond Pokémon so…

1661310718131.png

Found this on 4chan. Real or fake? I'm leaning towards fake myself, but it matches the description of the supposed Parental Bond Pokémon so…

Taking it with a grain of salt. Isn't the parental bond mon meant to be a couple that becomes a family, not just one parent?

Will say though, wouldn't complain if this were the design.

Taking it with a grain of salt. Isn't the parental bond mon meant to be a couple that becomes a family, not just one?
That's why I don't think it's real. Unless the significant other remained small or the couple somehow fused into a single entity.

Taking it with a grain of salt. Isn't the parental bond mon meant to be a couple that becomes a family, not just one parent?

Will say though, wouldn't complain if this were the design.

I suppose it's possible they just cropped out their partner. It's not really required for them to be connected is it?

Still doesn't look real to me though.

There’s still quite a few Pokémon with unconfirmed dual-types, and always the possibility especially that earlier info might be a bit wrong since that’s happened a few times. I’m hoping this fills in some of the gaps! (And personally, that Girafarig2 is somehow a dual type :p)

Update from Kaka:

• The Dung Beetle is pure bug but its evolution is dual type (probably bug/psychic).
  • The Aye Aye is poison type. Not clear if dual type.
  • The types of the Tumbleweed are Grass/G. Kaka said it is not ground. So the only solution is Grass/Ghost (too many pokemon with this combo imo).
  • The flower is poison/rock.
  • No bug/dragon pokemon. So Kamen Rider is Bug/Dark.
  • The electric bird is Flying/Electric.
  • Apparently the dolphin is pure water and the spider pure bug.
  • The fire Blade is dual type.
  • The crab may be pure Rock type.
  • When asked if Fidough evolution has different forms/colors, Kaka answered "RedBrown".
  • The engine pokemon has tires (another one GF?), no legs.
  • When asked about a ground pokemon, Kaka answered: "already leaked rf". Tentacool may be grass/ground.
  • Future Paradox Gallevoir is still Fighting but It probably loses its psychic type.
  • Future Paradox Volcarona is not Fire/Fairy.
  • Past Paradox Jigglypuff is still Fairy, no more normal and not poison type.
  • Past Paradox Amoonguss is still grass and no more poison type.
  • Past Paradox Misdreavus is Ghost/Fairy.
  • Future Paradox Donphan is Ground/???.
  • The blue Tauros is water. No info about its first type though.
  • Minior, Greninja, Giratina, Chandelure, Snubbul, Meowstic, Plusle, Minun, Togedamaru and Poliwag not in the games. Oricorio is in the game.
  • You catch Paradox pokemon in the big hole in the middle of Paldea. You can catch them also near the end of the main story.
  • Penny's ace is Sylveon.
  • Nemona uses Lycanroc.
  • Hatching eggs is related to the picnic feature.

Last edited:
Update from Kaka:

• The Dung Beetle is pure bug but its evolution is dual type (probably bug/psychic).
  • The types of the Tumbleweed are Grass/G. Kaka said it is not ground. So the only solution is Grass/Ghost (too many pokemon with this combo imo).
  • The flower is poison/rock.
  • Apparently the dolphin is pure water and the spider pure bug.
  • When asked if Fidough evolution has different forms/colors, Kaka answered "RedBrown".

Feels like there are a lot of new pure typed mons this gen. Kind of surprised we're getting another Bug/Psychic type so soon. Although I guess we got two Grass/Ghost Pokemon in gen 7 directly after getting two Grass/Ghost lines in gen 6 so I shouldn't be this surprised.

On that note it is kind of disappointing that the tumbleweed Pokemon isn't Grass/Ground, it feels like the Ground type could be getting the short end of the stick in terms of new Pokemon. (I'm getting gen 6 deja vu)

Glad to see the Rock type getting another line, interesting type combination too. (one of my favourite types combined with my least favourite type)

As for Fidough, it's vague enough that "RedBrown" could just be the colour of its shiny.

Welp... It's been a fun run...

Hopefully the new mons are good at leat
That sounds like the base game, some of these could still return in the DLC.

I'm slightly miffed about no Chandelure in the game, but as long as the fire warrior has a good design and good stats I'll survive.

Jolly gee, another Sylveon as ace/team member of a (semi-) relevant character. How bloody exciting.

RIP Greninja again. You're sole sin was creating Ash-Greninja. It was a rightful yet harsh punishment. Reflect upon your sins.

These elemental Tauros' got me kind of excited though, especially since this one mentioned is Water. I can't even imagine how it would look like.

Jolly gee, another Sylveon as ace/team member of a (semi-) relevant character. How bloody exciting.

RIP Greninja again. You're sole sin was creating Ash-Greninja. It was a rightful yet harsh punishment. Reflect upon your sins.

These elemental Tauros' got me kind of excited though, especially since this one mentioned is Water. I can't even imagine how it would look like.
I suspect they are going for a water buffalo with that one.

Am I the only one who finds it weird there's elemental Tauros but no Miltank? I mean I get it, Spain likes bulls. But after years of beating it into people that Miltank is the female Tauros while it presumably gets nothing while Tauros gets the Elemental Monkey treatment just seems weird to me.

A shame we won't see the likes of Minior, as well as Plusle/Minun. Those are hopefully DLC-Pokémon, as it otherwise would've been too long since their last inclusion in a main-line game.

Also a bit mehhhh how we're getting EVEN MORE (the 7th and 8th) Ghost/Grass combination. Some combinations are nice to see again (like Poison/Rock), but this one is a bit ehhhhhh.

Last edited:
Feels like there are a lot of new pure typed mons this gen. Kind of surprised we're getting another Bug/Psychic type so soon. Although I guess we got two Grass/Ghost Pokemon in gen 7 directly after getting two Grass/Ghost lines in gen 6 so I shouldn't be this surprised.

On that note it is kind of disappointing that the tumbleweed Pokemon isn't Grass/Ground, it feels like the Ground type could be getting the short end of the stick in terms of new Pokemon. (I'm getting gen 6 deja vu)

Glad to see the Rock type getting another line, interesting type combination too. (one of my favourite types combined with my least favourite type)

As for Fidough, it's vague enough that "RedBrown" could just be the colour of its shiny.
I think that with new mechanic GF felt a bit more safe to create single type pokemon, considering they could get at least a new type anyway.
About ground pokemon, you have to think that GF considers new forms and Paradox pokemon as new pokemon, so in their mind the two Donphan, Paldean Wooper and its evolution are "new" ground types. We still need to discover the exact types of the Mices, the Ayeaye, the Parakeet, the Crane, the Coin, the fire Warrior and Blade, the Hake Fish and most of the Paradox pokemon. So there's still a possibility we can get a couple of ground pokemon. There's also a sub legendary.

Back
Top Bottom