• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

If true, I think we need to ask ourselves this question: What design misconceptions can we apply to the Tentacool line that would look good in the context of a mushroom Pokémon?
Really don't believe that's the case, but it's an interesting theory. I guess some people mistook Tentacruel for an octopus.

I really want to know why Khu is so adamant on saying that Wiglett and the other 'rfakes' are not based on Convergent evolution.
You can not convince me that the two pokemon who evolved similar features but arent related is not based on the real life phenomenon of two animals evolving similar features but arent related.

I really want to know why Khu is so adamant on saying that Wiglett and the other 'rfakes' are not based on Convergent evolution.
You can not convince me that the two pokemon who evolved similar features but arent related is not based on the real life phenomenon of two animals evolving similar features but arent related.
I honestly think RFake is pretty horrible as a term if these Pokemon even need a term. They very likely don't in game and I don't even think they need a term cause they're literally just 2 evolutionary lines, but if the fans need a term it shouldn't be RFake. Khu is probably so against it because it was likely popularized by Centro. One of the people that frequently shares Kaka's info is weirdly against the term, but...They literally share similar traits with convergent evolution in nature. They have similar traits, but they aren't related. That's what it is. If you need a term, it should at least sound like a realistic term Game Freak would use, like psuedo-legendary.

I think the reason Khu and Kaka might not like the term convergent evolution is because “evolution” in the Pokémon world means they’re part of the same line of species. Khu going against Centro in this regard is probably just a bonus for the guy.

I think the reason Khu and Kaka might not like the term convergent evolution is because “evolution” in the Pokémon world means they’re part of the same line of species. Khu going against Centro in this regard is probably just a bonus for the guy.
I don't know if Kaka specifically is against it. More so Pearl, someone who frequently passes along Kaka's info.

About the song, I watched the music video since I'm pretty sure Ed Sheeran was reading this thread and was the one who recommended TPC to give us something else n September before the music video, so I owed the guy that one.

Well, I'm not a fan of that musician. And personally I have a similar opinion to Articfox's. And in a way honestly it also bothers me they using this kind of stuff to try to sell games when the games themselves have been lacking.

It's not the kind of music I personally like, but I liked the video with the Pokémon and kinda liked the melody. About the song, I can see it being slipped into credits or some kind of ending scene.

I just thought it was weird the music video had Galar starters instead of Paldea's. Maybe they didn't want to risk leaks and that's why? Maybe it could be something initially intended for SwSh or to be posted on Youtube only for the 25th anniversary? Idk

Last edited:
I thought Regional Fakes were called Paradox Pokemon according to leakers? Where did "regional fakes" come from?
Basically, Khu saw Wiglett and thought it was a variant of Diglett, but it turned out it was a new Pokemon, so he called it an RFake to cover his ass, though he passed it off as if it was a new concept, like Paradox Pokemon. Paradox Pokemon are something completely different, though share the trait of taking an existing Pokemon, altering the design a bit, and calling it a new species. They sound like they're Pokemon from an alternate timeline.

Nvm, my eng "listening" isn't very good, just read the full lyrics. Edited my comment. It just isn't my cup of tea

I don't even think the song is bad. I kinda like it and I think the music video is pretty cute. Ed Sheeran's music hasn't been that good lately, but it seems as if the popular thing right now is to just hate him and everything he does. I was shocked to see so much hate for him suddenly and I thought it was because he turned out to be extremely problematic, but no, people just really don't like his music now. I mean its valid if you don't like his music. Songs like Shape of You and Shiver are mediocre. There's just so much vitriolic hatred towards him lately.

I don't even think the song is bad. I kinda like it and I think the music video is pretty cute. Ed Sheeran's music hasn't been that good lately, but it seems as if the popular thing right now is to just hate him and everything he does. I was shocked to see so much hate for him suddenly and I thought it was because he turned out to be extremely problematic, but no, people just really don't like his music now. I mean its valid if you don't like his music. Songs like Shape of You and Shiver are mediocre. There's just so much vitriolic hatred towards him lately.
Shape of You mediocre.

• Number 1 in 34 countries.
  • Best performing song of 2017.
  • First song to hit 2 billion streams on Spotify.
  • Currently the most streamed song.
  • Most streamed song on Spotify in a decade.
  • Best selling song of 2017.
  • Second-best selling digital song worldwide.
  • One of the best selling digital singles of all time.
  • Named number 1 on the billboard mainstream top 40 of the 2010s decade in 2019.
  • Nominated for British Single of the year, British Video of the Year, and the 2018 Brit Awards.
  • Won the Grammy Award for Best Solo Pop Performance.
  • In 2021, ranked as the 10th most successful song of all time.

Ed Sheeran is an insanely talented musician, if not the most talented around. Y'all need to keep discussing Pokémon cause clearly you don't know all that much about music.

• Named number 1 on the billboard mainstream top 40 of the 2010s decade in 2019.
  • Nominated for British Single of the year, British Video of the Year, and the 2018 Brit Awards.

Ed Sheeran is an insanely talented musician, if not the most talented around. Y'all need to keep discussing Pokémon cause clearly you don't know all that much about music.

People are allowed to have different tastes in music. Is there a need for all of this?

According to this Titanic is a better movie than any of Kubrick's movies since it won 11 Oscars.

tbh... technically Gamefreak has already delved into the convergent evolution thing.

Skorupi is related to Sizzlipede through a common ancestor.

Croagunk and its evolved form, Toxicroak, are related to Seismitoad (And i imagine the Poliwag line also falls into that relation, but is not mention cuz DLC exclusive).

Then we also have Swanna and Ducklett potentially being related to Psyduck and Golduck being related.

Tirtouga is believed to be the ancestor of most turtle Pokémon (Which means its descendants are all a convergent evolution from eachother)

So long story short - Convergent evolution has been a thing ever since gen 1... but we never realized it until now.

tbh... technically Gamefreak has already delved into the convergent evolution thing.

Croagunk and its evolved form, Toxicroak, are related to Seismitoad (And i imagine the Poliwag line also falls into that relation, but is not mention cuz DLC exclusive).

Then we also have Swanna and Ducklett potentially being related to Psyduck and Golduck being related.

Tirtouga is believed to be the ancestor of most turtle Pokémon (Which means its descendants are all a convergent evolution from eachother)

So long story short - Convergent evolution has been a thing ever since gen 1... but we never realized it until now.
That's not convergent evolution that's divergent evolution, animals that are related and have similar features because of that. Convergent evolution is like Sugar Gliders and Flying Squirrels, animals that are similar but not closely related.

Maybe because none of the pokemon above is a recolor of another pokemon?

Because of boredom I have decided to list the differences between Diglett and Wiglett

Diglett is brown, Wiglett is white
Digletts eyes are black, Wigletts are blue
Wigletts nose is bigger in proportion to its head than digletts, and it's a more vibrant pink
Wigletts head is on the top of its body, Digletts is on the front
Wiglett is longer and wider than Diglett, and is presumably a noodle, while Diglett likely has a body under that ground.
Wiglett is smaller at the bottom and wider at the top, where as Diglett is the same size all the way through.
Digletts body is more rough textured while Wigletts is slicker and shiny (fitting of the gooey ability)
And that's all I can notice, maybe that will change some people's minds on how much of a recolor it is, maybe it won't. Idk.

Back
Top Bottom