• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Is it just me or once the trailers were more mysterious and appealing? It's after Sun/Moon that I don't see something that really makes me interested about the games. It's like the hype dies the same day the trailer is out.
(I'm not including Legends, cause the August trailer was really beautiful).

Didn't find any of SV trailers that exciting either. The one I liked the most was last month's, but still, I think it could have revealed more, be a little more fast-paced and also not waste time recapping things we already knew back then (Nemona). This pre-release season was really pretty weak marketing-wise, in addition to the information drought we had at the beginning, we still haven't had any trailers like SwSh's Brand New World or SM's Legendary trailer.

Was also going to say that I just hope today's trailer doesn't mean they're going to keep showing so little until launch. But...on other thoughts, we're already so close to datamine and stuff that personally I don't even care anymore.

cdb.gif

Around 214 old Pokémon have been confirmed to be back. Solid rumours (which will unmistakingly prove correct) already allude to more.

This might mean we've seen close to all returning Pokémon, already if the dex does indeed stop around number 400.

Last edited:
Around 214 old Pokémon have been confirmed to be back. Solid rumours (which will unmistakingly prove correct) already allude to more.

This might mean we've seen close to all returning Pokémon, already if the dex does indeed stop around number 400.
I think the new standard is 400 Regional Dex + 200 Dlc mons.

I think the new standard is 400 Regional Dex + 200 Dlc mons.
We haven't seen the following leaked old Pokémon in official material, yet (they aren't 100% confirmed, some reportings are still vague):
  • Vulpix/Ninetales
  • Paras/Parasect
  • Mankey/Primeape
  • Tentacool/Tentacruel
  • Voltorb/Electrode
  • Ditto
  • Tauros
  • Qwilfish
  • Stantler
  • Surskit/Masquerain
  • Gulpin/Swalot
  • Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
  • Buizel/Floatzel
  • Cherubi/Cherrim
  • Basculin
  • Maractus
  • Dwebble/Crustle
  • Emolga
  • Frillish/Jellicent
  • Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
  • Klink/Klang/Klinklang
  • Pawniard/Bisharp
  • Rufflet/Braviary
  • Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
  • Dedenne
  • Carbink
  • Bergmite/Avalugg
  • Crabrawler/Crabominable
  • Wishiwashi
  • Impidimp/Morgrem/Grimmsnarl
  • Indeedee
  • Duraludon
  • Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapult
  • Overqwil
  • Wyrdeer
  • Ursaluna
  • Sneasler
  • Basculegion

This makes for a +66 above the current number of around 214. Some are a bit more disputed than others, so I haven't posted those.

So, that might be it for the old returning Pokémon (around 280 in total), before the inevitable DLC's arrive.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm really not okay if the way breeding works today gets totally removed. It really seems like it, as leakers said the daycare will be gone, some time ago.

For those worried about the framerate

I find it incredible that nobody at TPCi in the West found it a bit off to release such a messy trailer. I mean, don't they see it first before releasing it? People in the West who don't know the truth actually thought that's how the games looked one month before release. I was the first one.

I assume some sort of weird behind the scenes thing had to happen, I doubt they actually looked at the trailer, saw all the issues and went 'Yeah this is good', either the marketing team missed them somehow or they didn't review the trailer period.
Either way someone might be losing their job.

Can't speak for the full trailer yet, but I like Farigiraf more now that I got a better look and I want to use him. The little hoodie is too cute and I love that it actually seems to be alive based on animations like the mouth closing.

Also apparently the Sleep status was changed to act like Drowsy in PLA. Cause in the trailer, we see Driblim and Farigiraf effected with Sleep during the Raid, but they were still able to attack. Not even using Sleep Talk

Can't speak for the full trailer yet, but I like Farigiraf more now that I got a better look and I want to use him. The little hoodie is too cute and I love that it actually seems to be alive based on animations like the mouth closing.
Agreed! As a Girafarig fan, Farigiraf was set to be on one of my first ever teams already, ever since it was leaked, but I too liked it even more now after seeing its animated hoodie. It's one of the few (2) officialy revealed ones that I really liked much so far.
We haven't seen the following leaked old Pokémon in official material, yet (they aren't 100% confirmed, some reportings are still vague):
  • Vulpix/Ninetales
  • Paras/Parasect
  • Mankey/Primeape
  • Tentacool/Tentacruel
  • Voltorb/Electrode
  • Ditto
  • Tauros
  • Qwilfish
  • Stantler
  • Surskit/Masquerain
  • Gulpin/Swalot
  • Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
  • Buizel/Floatzel
  • Cherubi/Cherrim
  • Basculin
  • Maractus
  • Dwebble/Crustle
  • Emolga
  • Frillish/Jellicent
  • Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
  • Klink/Klang/Klinklang
  • Pawniard/Bisharp
  • Rufflet/Braviary
  • Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
  • Dedenne
  • Carbink
  • Bergmite/Avalugg
  • Crabrawler/Crabominable
  • Wishiwashi
  • Impidimp/Morgrem/Grimmsnarl
  • Indeedee
  • Duraludon
  • Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapult
  • Overqwil
  • Wyrdeer
  • Ursaluna
  • Sneasler
  • Basculegion

This makes for a +66 above the current number of around 214. Some are a bit more disputed than others, so I haven't posted those.

So, that might be it for the old returning Pokémon (around 280 in total), before the inevitable DLC's arrive.
Still on team building matter...while the new Pokémon aren't pleasing me that much, I have to say regional dex seems really pretty good. Good thing I abandoned the "rule" of using either just new Pokémon or just Pokémon I've never used only. This site is being constantly updated so we can take a better look at it.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm really not okay if the way breeding works today gets totally removed. It really seems like it, as leakers said the daycare will be gone, some time ago.
After seeing the trailer, I'm actually slightly less inclined to believe that this picnic system is meant to completely replace the daycare. They just kind of gloss over it in the trailer as well as on the official website, making it sound more like its a bonus method of obtaining eggs as opposed to being the main way. I think they would have placed more emphasis on picnic eggs if they were making it the daycare replacement.

As for the leakers, I only recall Kaka being the one who explicitly said there was no daycare. However, Kaka was also the one who said there was no Ranked Battles, so it could be a case where the daycare wasn't included in his build for some reason. I don't think Khu has ever said there is no daycare, only giving cryptic hints about a new method of obtaining eggs.

That said, with the introduction of Bottlecaps, Nature Mints, and Ability Patches, it seems like they've been slowly trying to make breeding less essential for getting "good" Pokemon. The only remaining reasons for breeding I can think of are Egg Moves and Shiny Pokemon, both of which also have alternative (if slightly less efficient) sources. In this case, the removal of traditional daycare breeding might not be so farfetched, for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom