• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I have no idea about this months newest riddle (STILL TRYING), but has it been pretty much confirmed that the gimmick involves three types?
Yeah, the follow up to the 三 (three) hint was instructions to draw the character 属 (type).

As for the regional form hints, the first one seems to be Tauros, Miltank, or Bouffalant. (1, 2, and 5 are the generations we got bovine pokemon in.)
The second riddle is one of the Water/Ground-types. The character combos he provided match the Hex/HTML color codes for the most recent icons for the Water and Ground types, and Gen 2, 3, 4, and 5 are the only generations where we received Water/Ground-type pokemon (and this distinction is unique to only Water/Ground-type pokemon, no other type is like this).

That is your interpretation and it is not sure yet. Other theories point to Snubull for example, meaning that the numbers would not be related to the generations.

Then why not putting everything randomly on the image? Why in a circle and in the correct order from a clockwise or counter-clockwise perspective?
Other theories point to Snubbull because Khu's insulting his puppy Centro again. If every time he says Centro's name is a hint that we're getting a dog, I'mma love this generation because it's gonna be full of them. =P

There's no "correct" order if you're referring to both Hex and HTML because they both work in inverse of each other. If the placement of the numbers really does mean anything other than that he's just being hella difficult, though, I'll be impressed.

I have no idea about this months newest riddle (STILL TRYING), but has it been pretty much confirmed that the gimmick involves three types?
Khu posted that the theme of March was gimmick, so yeah, kind of.

FRm3wzDXwAE7Cg_.jpg

Other theories point to Snubbull because Khu's insulting his puppy Centro again. If every time he says Centro's name is a hint that we're getting a dog, I'mma love this generation because it's gonna be full of them. =P
The Snubull theory comes from:
125 (1? 2? 5?) being its regional dex number
The matador being pink like Snubull.
Having "Bull" in its name.

There's no "correct" order if you're referring to both Hex and HTML because they both work in inverse of each other. If the placement of the numbers really does mean anything other than that he's just being hella difficult, though, I'll be impressed.
There is an order following a circle, I am not talking about the direction. E2, 9A, and 30 - or 309AE2, it does not matter - are successive in the circle (they do not cross).
If this has no meaning, it does not make sense to have one code clockwise and the other counter-clockwise. Or, in other words, it does not make sense to have one code as hex and one as html. If the goal was to make it a little bit difficult, there were no needs to organize them like that, in a circle, just putting codes randomly would have been more straightforward.

There is an order following a circle, I am not talking about the direction. E2, 9A, and 30 - or 309AE2, it does not matter - are successive in the circle (they do not cross).
If this has no meaning, it does not make sense to have one code clockwise and the other counter-clockwise. Or, in other words, it does not make sense to have one code as hex and one as html. If the goal was to make it a little bit difficult, there were no needs to organize them like that, in a circle, just putting codes randomly would have been more straightforward.
Having one be hex while the other is HTML keeps them together without making it obvious. It's just enough to throw people off.

Maybe there's more to it? I don't know. I solved the obvious part and I'm not really into making complicated theories about number arrangements. XD Everyone else can do that.

I want Khu to post his list of riddles for this gen's Pokémon, deciphering those is always fun.

Oh, random thing I found on the internet when trying to figure out stuff about Khu, the game names may be connected to the phrases "Myth" and "Legend".

no grapes and oranges!?!?

...wait, aren't those very similar things...?
According to people following him on Twitter, he never posted that, it was a fake tweet image.
The riddle pointed to a China inspired region, so definitly wrong info to not take into account.

According to people following him on Twitter, he never posted that, it was a fake tweet image.
The riddle pointed to a China inspired region, so definitly wrong info to not take into account.
Oh, @takoyaki's talking about this dumb thing?

jbf8cxtiSyROG4rBUhXufJVZK5hfeWiBpEBch9Pk6QI.jpg

Yeah that post is fake. He never said that.

Last edited:
Might have been covered already (haven't been keeping up :confused:) likely fake leak (and it has a date on it so it will likely be short lived) but it was an interesting read! (Anything in the brackets are notes I added/extra info).

> Pokémon Presents announcement on Friday (They never specified if it meant a direct on Friday or an announcement for one)

> Region is called Sagradel and the main theme is a school rivalry between the Scarlet Institute and Violet Academy.

Gimmick

New Pokémon

Sagradel? LOL. That alone makes the most recent rumor into a fake, given that all regions since Gen 1 to Gen 8 have always been 5 letter words. Now suddenly with Gen 9 it's a 7 letter word. It also sounds too much like Naganadel, the Ultra Beast Pokemon found in Gen 7

The supposed description of the gimmick being a spirit that fuses with a Pokémon is way too try hard. What is next? Pokémon can fuse with a trainer, or the trainer can participate in battles and gain a Type of their own, and share it with a Pokémon?

Gimmick

It is called Anysyphus. It's a spirit Pokémon (they mentioned it looked like sonic color wisps but weird) that can inhabit a Pokémon for 3 turns granting a 3rd type and a special move with pretty good looking animations with the wisp attacking along with the Pokémon. The Pokémon get a colored aura around them and not all Pokémon types are compatible with everyone. Some change their appearance like a Pikachu with red fur and spiky hair and a flying Arcanine with clouds underneath it.

This is just all-around fake. Seriously Anysyphus? Sounds like syphilis to me, a sexual disease found in women. Yeah, sure, I'd surely go with that name.../s

Sagradel? LOL. That alone makes the most recent rumor into a fake, given that all regions since Gen 1 to Gen 8 have always been 5 letter words. Now suddenly with Gen 9 it's a 7 letter word. It also sounds too much like Naganadel, the Ultra Beast Pokemon found in Gen 7

The supposed description of the gimmick being a spirit that fuses with a Pokémon is way too try hard. What is next? Pokémon can fuse with a trainer, or the trainer can participate in battles and gain a Type of their own, and share it with a Pokémon?

This is just all-around fake. Seriously Anysyphus? Sounds like syphilis to me, a sexual disease found in women. Yeah, sure, I'd surely go with that name.../s
I remember how there were rumours about 'Fusion' during generation 7's build-up (what with Greninja and all that), as well as 'Armour' during generation 8's.

A lot of leaks piggybacked on those and copied these ideas, resulting in lots of people believing them. Gods, I remember the discussions, glad they proved to be wrong.

So, not to fully counter the '3rd Type/Typechange' mechanic, but it's still (purposefully) vague and ambiguous. I have trouble believing it would just be smacked-on 3rd-type, or a Pokémon spirit as mentioned in this newest 'leak'.

I remember how there were rumours about 'Fusion' during generation 7's build-up (what with Greninja and all that), as well as 'Armour' during generation 8's.

A lot of leaks piggybacked on those and copied these ideas, resulting in lots of people believing them. Gods, I remember the discussions, glad they proved to be wrong.

So, not to fully counter the '3rd Type/Typechange' mechanic, but it's still (purposefully) vague and ambiguous. I have trouble believing it would just be smacked-on 3rd-type, or a Pokémon spirit as mentioned in this newest 'leak'.
Yeah, while I don't think adding a third type is broken, I do agree with you there. Just slapping on a third type is way too simple- even Dynamax is more than just make pokemon big and have more HP, it changes the moves into more powerful Max Moves. Heck, the fact that adding a third type doesn't actually seem to change much when you math it out makes it seem really underwhelming of a potential burst mechanic- it might not even be OP enough. XD

I don't really think so. That'd be a hell of a drastic body change for Tauros, it might as well be a new pokemon entirely. Or at least an evolution.

Plus the minotaur is Greek?
Yeah, a regional evolution would be likelier if it suddenly goes bipedal.

Anyway, Khu could also have been hinting towards Snubbull.

Back
Top Bottom