• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

1652700163385.png

From the Radiant Sun Solgaleo art.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m definitely thinking

Mascot 1: Flying creature that is ancient
(Lugia was first so likely the physical descriptor, and the Hoenn trio are the “Super-Ancient” trio officially)

Mascot 2: bipedal creature that is futuristic/alien
(Zekrom being the physical depictor, and Solgaleo will likely be followed by Lunala and Necrozma, which make up the otherworldly ultra beast mascot trio).

I just don’t see all this simply being about “they’re colorful LOL”, and the specific inclusion of the entire “Super-Ancient” trio and now the start of the basically “Alien” trio REALLY makes sense with the SV logos (Scarlet-Ancient, Violet-Alien) and all that.

I feel like Pokémon doesn’t like answering big questions like that so probably not. lol

But yeah, an ancient Dragon/Fighting scarlet wyvern with scales like the Scarlet font (I say wyvern and not Dragon since it matches Lugia’s body more) VS some futuristic Dragon/Electric violet mecha Godzilla thing. Lol That’s the pairing I’m currently envisioning.

I joke all the time about taping Sprigtatio's paws to the ground, but I truly wouldn't mind if it evolved into a bipedal Pokemon, I would just prefer it stay quadrupedal and more animalistic rather than humanoid. I think a bipedal Sprigatito evo can work though. Heck, while I definitely would have preferred Incineroar to remain quadrupedal, Incineroar is still in my top 5 of favorite fully evolved starters.

Personally, I think this gen is a great time contender to have a more balanced set of starters. Sprigatito and Fuecoco could remain more animalistic, and Quaxly could have some more humanoid inspo. The last time we had a non-humanoid fire starter was Typhlosion, though arguments can be made for Infernape and Emboar, as they do feel a little less humanoid than some of the others. If we're going off the last one being Emboar, it's still been over 10 years

I disagree about Infernape looking less humanoid than animalistic, but thats mainly because its a monkey/ape, so i can excuse them for it. Same reason why i excuse Rillaboom being more humainod than animalistic, you can't really do a whole lot with the monkey/ape inspiration (Just look at the three Unova monkeys, base stages look more animalistic, while the final stages look more humanoid, which is the same case with Grookey and Chimchar compared to their evolved forms).

The starters that look the most humanoid for me are
Blaziken
Incineroar
Chesnaught
Decidueye
Inteleon
Cinderace
Delphox

While you can make the case for Primarina as well... i think it looks less animalistic than the starters i listed, but more humanoid than others.

Funny observation about this is that the type with the less humanoid designs are the water types, while the fire type has the most.

I disagree about Infernape looking less humanoid than animalistic, but thats mainly because its a monkey/ape, so i can excuse them for it. Same reason why i excuse Rillaboom being more humainod than animalistic, you can't really do a whole lot with the monkey/ape inspiration (Just look at the three Unova monkeys, base stages look more animalistic, while the final stages look more humanoid, which is the same case with Grookey and Chimchar compared to their evolved forms).

The starters that look the most humanoid for me are
Blaziken
Incineroar
Chesnaught
Decidueye
Inteleon
Cinderace
Delphox

While you can make the case for Primarina as well... i think it looks less animalistic than the starters i listed, but more humanoid than others.

Funny observation about this is that the type with the less humanoid designs are the water types, while the fire type has the most.
Decidueye is my favorite fully evolved starter, and I love incineroar and blaziken - pretty much the only one of those I dislike is inteleon. Humanoid starters can be great.

Standing
Meowth(x3), Mew, Mewtwo, Purrloin, Espurr, Meowstic(x2), Incineroar, Zeraora, Perrserker

Not Standing
Persian(x2), Espeon, Raikou, Skitty, Delcatty, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Glameow, Purugly, Liepard, Litleo, Pyroar, Litten, Torracat, Solgaleo

Not including those of less certain cat status such as the rest of the eeveelutions, Sneasel, Suicune, Entei, Zangoose, Weavile, and Sneasler.

i'm surprised that i forgot Meowth!! maybe it is that they are often depicted partially sitting down on their hind legs.

This did remind me about something special of the earlier (and some through all of the generations), it is possible to draw many of them from memory!!
I was happily thinking about drawing a Meowth, and realized, that most of the Gen 1 - 3 Pokemon have simple enough yet distinctive enough character designs that they intuitively meet up with the drawing parts of ourselves!!

I think it is whiscash because somewhere I saw something about catfish in spain.
Yeah, that was my initial guess after some brief research and I had included it after my riddle answer so everyone was reporting on it, but I am actually leaning more toward Quagsire now. El Drac resembles Quagsire so much, surely it had to have tempted Game Freak.

I mean, Water/Ground leak.

Does it specifically mention a Water/Ground Pokemon is gonna get a regional form or another Pokemon is gonna become a Water/Ground mon into its regional form. Thats a huge difference if you ask me, since that rules out the current Water/Ground mons.

I think they obviously could do that, but if they did...

Fully evolved water/ground types:

Quagsire, probably not going to get a regional form or evo since it just got featured in BDSP (doesnt stop it from getting one, but there are other better options.)
Swampert, got a mega.
Seismitoad could get one, it's another unova pokemon that hasn't gotten the most love.
Gastrodon, same as quagsire, and also got an appearance in legends, plus was on cynthia's team.
Whiscash is a catfish, and I think is the most possible since there are lots of catfish in spain.

I think they obviously could do that, but if they did...

Fully evolved water/ground types:

Quagsire, probably not going to get a regional form or evo since it just got featured in BDSP (doesnt stop it from getting one, but there are other better options.)
Swampert, got a mega.
Seismitoad could get one, it's another unova pokemon that hasn't gotten the most love.
Gastrodon, same as quagsire, and also got an appearance in legends, plus was on cynthia's team.
Whiscash is a catfish, and I think is the most possible since there are lots of catfish in spain.
By that logic, Whiscash shouldn't get a regional form either because it was also featured in BDSP and PLA.

Ugh yeah, I think they're right about the color theory. One legendary is RGB colors and the other is CMYK.
I don’t see it. Is Radiant Sun Solgaleo supposed to be yellow? It’s more white. If it was Yellow, I’d imagine they would have gone with Pikachu.

I’m still going with Solgaleo being the first of the ultra beast trio, with Lunala and Necrozma remaining and representing the violet legendary being alien/futuristic to compliment the Scarlet one being “super-ancient”.

But we’ll see tomorrow I guess. lol

Back
Top Bottom