• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

takoyaki

「今、叶わないことのない」
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
1652487007100.png
1652487141651.png
@Oriden thank you, and I'm done!! so...

as for the first one → this could be...maybe hiragana hi? ひ this doesn't mean anything on its' own, although a common reading with ひ is Japanese for sun, 日, and for fire, 火. Something about fire or suns?

←as for the second one this could be a shifted katakana ko? コ this also doesn't mean anything on its' own. some common words (katakana is for foreign words) with it are コーヒー (coffee), and コアラ (koala).

1652487444915.png
←As for the third one this could definitely be a backwards hiragana ku.く ofc this doesn't mean anything on its' own...but a common one would be the reading for the kanji meaning 9, 九. wasn't there something about a multi-headed Pokémon!?
1652487685007.png

That's what I've been thinking anyways!! Hopefully we somehow endgamed it?!? →

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
View attachment 159719View attachment 159720@Oriden thank you, and I'm done!! so...

as for the first one → this could be...maybe hiragana hi? ひ this doesn't mean anything on its' own, although a common reading with ひ is Japanese for sun, 日, and for fire, 火. Something about fire or suns?

←as for the second one this could be a shifted katakana ko? コ this also doesn't mean anything on its' own. some common words (katakana is for foreign words) with it are コーヒー (coffee), and コアラ (koala).

View attachment 159721←As for the third one this could definitely be a backwards hiragana ku.く ofc this doesn't mean anything on its' own...but a common one would be the reading for the kanji meaning 9, 九. wasn't there something about a multi-headed Pokémon!?View attachment 159723

That's what I've been thinking anyways!! Hopefully we somehow endgamed it?!? →
Thanks! And damn, looks like we're still coming up dry. Hopefully the next hint he drops will connect the dots.

Oriden

Reaction score
Another thing about these riddles that annoys me, apart from the vagueness, is it often requires knowledge only a handful of us have, and it seems its often knowledge of Chinese and such.
That's honestly what I like about them (not the Chinese specifically), that the community has to work together and pool our knowledge to get the answers. =) It's fun because it's like we're all working together on a puzzle. Kind of a weird positive thing that comes out of Khu despite his being an ass.

Also why I don't want to see official easy as hell riddles for a news season, because it would just be infantile and not remotely the same level of challenge to bring the community together to solve them.

takoyaki

「今、叶わないことのない」
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
That's honestly what I like about them (not the Chinese specifically), that the community has to work together and pool our knowledge to get the answers. =) It's fun because it's like we're all working together on a puzzle. Kind of a weird positive thing that comes out of Khu despite his being an ass.
thanks for bringing us together Khu! our best and brightest or something can have fun getting sad at the riddles~

...I wonder what Khu's favorite Pokémon game is...maybe the "next one I can leak" or something!!

multiingbe

Reaction score
The Mandarin Chinese (as taken from bulbapedia)

Lugia: 洛奇亞
Kyogre: 蓋歐卡
Groudon: 固拉多

Google Translate says the characters in Lugia mean Lowe (a surname and I think the name of a river) Strange and Asia

Kyogre is Cover; Europe, Card

Groudon is Solid, Pull, Many

Oh!! Although this wouldn't quite be the answer to the riddle: it is amazing that there is not yet a Pokemon that has a mystical deck of cards!!

it could be quite interesting, something like Delibird and Present but with more variations of what happens depending which card is drawn!!

also it is actually really amazing that Metronome was in the very first Pokemon game!!

Last edited:

Minya_Nouvelle

CEO of NacManInc
Reaction score
@takoyaki

I'm just spitballing here, but if the third one is a backwards く could the second one be a backwards こ? I was trying to re-arrange the three characters to make a word or a partial word, but all I've gotten so far is くびこ which could be 九尾狐 which is supposedly the name of a nine taled fox in both japanese and chinese (but we already have ninetales?)

takoyaki

「今、叶わないことのない」
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
@takoyaki

I'm just spitballing here, but if the third one is a backwards く could the second one be a backwards こ?
This one?
1652491421370.png

...I don't really think so. I don't know anyone who writes こ with a connecting line. This is a writing sample I just did, maybe this'll help a lil more?↓

1652491047783.png

But, even if you were talking about the first one, I don't see it? https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/1652490918960-png.159725/
I was trying to re-arrange the three characters to make a word or a partial word, but all I've gotten so far is くびこ which could be 九尾狐 which is supposedly the name of a nine taled fox in both japanese and chinese (but we already have ninetales?)
This part interests me. I think you very may well be on the right track here, except for the ninetales part is weird. This thing I found while looking for some info may interest you? ナルトに九尾、ポケモンにキュウコンとかいますけど実際日本の妖怪の中にその狐はいるんですか?その尻尾を9個持つ狐の本当の名前は... - Yahoo!知恵袋

Attachments

• 1652490918960.png
    1652490918960.png
    378.8 KB · Views: 5

Scruffyjay

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any
So like 99% of "leaks" are fake, but I think people tend to make them because they're fun and a creative endeavor. Would be so fun if there was a community project somewhere for people to make fake leaks of existing regions.

takoyaki

「今、叶わないことのない」
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
So like 99% of "leaks" are fake, but I think people tend to make them because they're fun and a creative endeavor. Would be so fun if there was a community project somewhere for people to make fake leaks of existing regions.
Someone said something about this to me before and I asked some of my fellow staff about this, I forgot what they said though!! Should I look into it again!?!?!!?!?!?

Minya_Nouvelle

CEO of NacManInc
Reaction score
...I don't really think so. I don't know anyone who writes こ with a connecting line. This is a writing sample I just did, maybe this'll help a lil more?↓
Thanks. I really need to get better at reading hand written kana. I'm only use to reading it typed, so I don't know the extent of any nuances. For example, I would have never been able to get ひ out of the Lugia wing, but I was able to see it after you pointed it out. (I'm also just way out of practice. I'd like to take an official class one day).

silurica

All shall be well
Reaction score
Pronouns
They/Them
Funnily enough, by contrast, the presence of the pen in the water/ground Diglett photo tells me that that likely is an artist, and probably their actual original copy that they just finished inking and then took a photo of to color digitally and add the typed Japanese.

Poison Drowzee appears to have been photographed on an identical mat with some notable scratchmarks, so probably the same artist doing pretty much the same exact thing- photographed on their drawing desk and digitally colored. They handwrote the Japanese that time and didn't bother with the numbers, and left their pen out of the image, so they're learning.

Can't wait for their next attempt. They might actually move it to a different table. Maybe even shade correctly. =P
Ha, nice to know I'm not the only one here who thought they might be the same artist. I wanna note the Japanese writing on Drowzee is on the same level as Diglett too and doesn't approach the complexity that Fuecoco3 has.

It really depends on your writing habit and tool. Sometimes I write quickly and don't lift my pen/pencil enough that it looks connected. With digital it's also possible depending on your pen setting. Not sure if this will help with the riddle thing, but, yeah.

Oriden

Reaction score
Ha, nice to know I'm not the only one here who thought they might be the same artist. I wanna note the Japanese writing on Drowzee is on the same level as Diglett too and doesn't approach the complexity that Fuecoco3 has.
XD Haha, yeah. It's kind of infuriating how many people think they're by the same artist as Fuecoco3 given the difference in Japanese and art style... but they say that about a lot of the other worse drawn sheets, too. All the more obvious that people aren't too good at comparing them.

Oriden

Reaction score
Hm, maybe the riddle has something to do with Coliseum and XD? Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre are featured on the covers.

geebraprint

Blitzle Stan
Reaction score
Has Khu ever used Japanese for their riddles? I feel like if these were meant to be characters, at the very least they would have oriented the images to be correct for the character. I could be wrong, but trying to warp the images into katakana or hiragana seems like a stretch, based off the nature of Khu’s past riddles.

That being said, all I’ve got is that the mascot legends have white on them. Lmao

Oriden

Reaction score
Has Khu ever used Japanese for their riddles? I feel like if these were meant to be characters, at the very least they would have oriented the images to be correct for the character. I could be wrong, but trying to warp the images into katakana or hiragana seems like a stretch, based off the nature of Khu’s past riddles.

That being said, all I’ve got is that the mascot legends have white on them. Lmao
The Hisuian Samurott hint was a play on japanese words sounding like the Japanese name for Greninja to hint at its type, if I recall right. And the Qwilfish one might have been Japanese? He does tend toward Chinese, though.

I'm just not familiar enough with either language and trying to research on my phone is a hassle, so I figured that maybe it was worth a shot? But yeah, forcing them to fit any characters isn't worth it. If they don't clearly fit anything, then they don't fit anything. Back to the drawing board. =/