• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

By that logic, Whiscash shouldn't get a regional form either because it was also featured in BDSP and PLA.
I guess, but excluding that, since I honestly forgot whiscash was in arceus and bdsp, but that doesn't change the fact that there are still quite a lot of catfish in spain.

I don’t see it. Is Radiant Sun Solgaleo supposed to be yellow? It’s more white. If it was Yellow, I’d imagine they would have gone with Pikachu.

I’m still going with Solgaleo being the first of the ultra beast trio, with Lunala and Necrozma remaining and representing the violet legendary being alien/futuristic to compliment the Scarlet one being “super-ancient”.

But we’ll see tomorrow I guess. lol
Spr_7s_791R.png

It's yellow, yeah, and the theme is box legendaries, hence why it's Solgaleo and not Zeraora or Pikachu.

Based on pokedex order, tomorrow should be Zacian.

Spr_7s_791R.png

It's yellow, yeah, and the theme is box legendaries, hence why it's Solgaleo and not Zeraora or Pikachu.

Based on pokedex order, tomorrow should be Zacian.
Really not sure what then is supposed to even be gained from this drawn out reveal of “The color spectrum is involved” tbh. Especially with it being something that many people (including myself) found to be obvious ever since the reveal trailer.

Still hoping tomorrow is Lunala purely because that would lead to a far more interesting information reveal.

Also excuse you, Pikachu is a box legendary! See Special Pikachu Edition + LGPE + that’s why Team Rocket never stopped trying to steal it (it’s legendary!)!!!!

Pretty sure it's just the colors of the legendaries? Like... that's it. One is white, red, green, and blue and the other is black, yellow, cyan, and magenta. Can't imagine what else it would be. Unless it has something to do with their names, which we just had Zacian and Zamazenta so color-based names wouldn't be a stretch either.

Pretty sure it's just the colors of the legendaries? Like... that's it. One is white, red, green, and blue and the other is black, yellow, cyan, and magenta. Can't imagine what else it would be. Unless it has something to do with their names, which we just had Zacian and Zamazenta so color-based names wouldn't be a stretch either.
Scarlet: Lugia + The Super Ancient trio = ancient wyvern-like dragon

Violet: Zekrom + The Light trio = alien or futuristic Godzilla-like dragon

Way more interesting of a reveal than “you know how everyone guessed the color spectrum was involved? You’re right!”

Like I’m prepared to be wrong about this (especially because it means I’ve been right about the color spectrum since February) but man that’s a weak reveal for an eight-days-of-clues hype session.

Scarlet: Lugia + The Super Ancient trio = ancient wyvern-like dragon

Violet: Zekrom + The Light trio = alien or futuristic Godzilla-like dragon

Way more interesting of a reveal than “you know how everyone guessed the color spectrum was involved? You’re right!”

Like I’m prepared to be wrong about this (especially because it means I’ve been right about the color spectrum since February) but man that’s a weak reveal for an eight-days-of-clues hype session.
His riddles have really direct answers, though. Neither of those solutions would be direct.

I'm not thrilled about it being a color thing because I hate the whole spectrum theme assertion... but it fits. And the puppy warning is a hint because it comes before Zacian and Zamazenta.

Definitely still think that something like tradition vs. innovation is going to be the main theme of the plot, but the secondary theme I guess would be colors in connection with the type gimmick.

Also saying that the legendaries are white/red/green/blue and black/yellow/cyan/magenta is a bit more specific than just "oh yeah something to do with the color spectrum."

His riddles have really direct answers, though. Neither of those solutions would be direct.

I'm not thrilled about it being a color thing because I hate the whole spectrum theme assertion... but it fits. And the puppy warning is a hint because it comes before Zacian and Zamazenta.

Definitely still think that something like tradition vs. innovation is going to be the main theme of the plot, but the secondary theme I guess would be colors in connection with the type gimmick.

Also saying that the legendaries are white/red/green/blue and black/yellow/cyan/magenta is a bit more specific than just "oh yeah something to do with the color spectrum."
Wait you think the legends are actually those specific colors? I really don’t see that happening. Has there ever been a color gen where the legends are not primarily those colors? Like Scarlet is a shade of red so sure, but even then it will be primarily red and not an even mix.

And then violet is nowhere in the printer colors so that would be… no I don’t see that happening. Like for either of them really.

Wait you think the legends are actually those specific colors? I really don’t see that happening. Has there ever been a color gen where the legends are not primarily those colors? Like Scarlet is a shade of red so sure, but even then it will be primarily red and not an even mix.

And then violet is nowhere in the printer colors so that would be… no I don’t see that happening. Like for either of them really.
Well, Ho-Oh isn't really Gold, and Dialga isn't Diamond-colored. And uh... Black and White totally switched.

And we've had games with names completely unrelated to colors- if Scarlet and Violet really are meant to (poorly) indicate the ends of the color spectrum like people assert, then doesn't using the two main color models to color the legendaries make sense?

I think their main colors might actually be white and black with the other three colors being secondary features.

You know what's interesting is that they've been focused on these color models for awhile-
200px-HOME888_s.png
Masters890.png
200px-HOME889_s.png

75YTZRH.png

If SV's legendaries really are RGB and CMYK, I wonder how soon after SwSh's legendaries they were made.

(Just used the shinies to make it clearer. I think Zacian and Zamazenta's designs probably came first, and then the "oh they're named that because people just saw a blur of color," and then it became a CMYK thing because Zamazenta's red and blue make magenta. )

Last edited:
Well, Ho-Oh isn't really Gold, and Dialga isn't Diamond-colored. And uh... Black and White totally switched.

And we've had games with names completely unrelated to colors

Diamond isn't a color... Dialga and Palkia do have the gemstones prominently in their designs, though, and Diamond Logo was Blue; Pearl Logo was pink. The legends are primarily those colors.

Black and White were swapped because Yin and Yang, but that doesn't change the fact that one legend was white and the other was black.

As for games unrelated to colors, Yveltal is Y shaped and while the X is not obvious on Xerneas, it's still there. And they are primarily the colors associated with the logos

Then with sun and moon; the logo for sun looked like solgaleo's mane/head and the logo for moon looked like lunala. Lunala was mostly purple while solgaleo's colors stayed within the "hot" colors: yellow read and orange accents which are featured in the logo.

Sword and Shield are also very representative of their names/logos; obviously. The colors don't match, exactly, but it's not like the games were called Cyan and Magenta/Hot Pink

if Scarlet and Violet really are meant to (poorly) indicate the ends of the color spectrum like people assert, then doesn't using the two main color models to color the legendaries make sense?

No, it does not. CMYK is the subtractive color model. It's used for paint; not light. If Scarlet and Violet are about the UV spectrum; one should be red, one should be Violet and the third should be green, right?

Diamond isn't a color... Dialga and Palkia do have the gemstones prominently in their designs, though, and Diamond Logo was Blue; Pearl Logo was pink. The legends are primarily those colors.

Black and White were swapped because Yin and Yang, but that doesn't change the fact that one legend was white and the other was black.

As for games unrelated to colors, Yveltal is Y shaped and while the X is not obvious on Xerneas, it's still there. And they are primarily the colors associated with the logos

Then with sun and moon; the logo for sun looked like solgaleo's mane/head and the logo for moon looked like lunala. Lunala was mostly purple while solgaleo's colors stayed within the "hot" colors: yellow read and orange accents which are featured in the logo.

Sword and Shield are also very representative of their names/logos; obviously. The colors don't match, exactly, but it's not like the games were called Cyan and Magenta/Hot Pink

No, it does not. CMYK is the subtractive color model. It's used for paint; not light. If Scarlet and Violet are about the UV spectrum; one should be red, one should be Violet and the third should be green, right?
I'm aware of how all of the legendaries match their games, but that still doesn't bar them from doing something less overt.

And I was just talking about color, not light, but a subtractive color model is just manipulating light to produce colors in an inverse method.

Suppose the colors could even be a form thing and their mains are red and purple.

Last edited:
I'm aware of how all of the legendaries match their games, but that still doesn't bar them from doing something less overt.

And I was just talking about color, not light, but a subtractive color model is just manipulating light to produce colors in an inverse method.

Suppose the colors could even be a form thing and their mains are red and purple.
But Infrared and UltraViolet are only opposites on the LIGHT spectrum. When talking about paints and such, it's usually represented as a wheel.

But Infrared and UltraViolet are only opposites on the LIGHT spectrum. When talking about paints and such, it's usually represented as a wheel.
Not talking about infrared and ultra violet because scarlet and violet aren't infrared and ultra violet. I'm talking the ends of the rainbow. Because when you talk about all colors, you list them in rainbow order regardless of whether it's light or paint. It's the defacto color order.

Really not sure how people managed to forget the very basics of color knowledge and made this such a light thing. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple is the order you put your crayons in. Every kid knows this.

Not talking about infrared and ultra violet because scarlet and violet aren't infrared and ultra violet. I'm talking the ends of the rainbow. Because when you talk about all colors, you list them in rainbow order regardless of whether it's light or paint. It's the defacto color order.
The Rainbow is the Light Spectrum? It's what happens when white light passes through a prism. Ranibows have Infrared and Ultra Violet. They are the ends of the visible light spectrum.
Really not sure how people managed to forget the very basics of color knowledge and made this such a light thing. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple is the order you put your crayons in. Every kid knows this.
But what does Rainbow color order have to do with having legendaries themed around Triadic Colors on a color wheel?
This is an RGB color wheel. Red Blue and Green are Triadic colors. Magenta Yellow and Cyan are Triadic colors. Okay; that's fine. There some parallelism there. But Red and Violet aren't really opposites.
rgb-color-wheel-lg.jpg

This is the "Rainbow" or visible light spectrum:

the-visible-light-spectrum-2699036_FINAL2-c0b0ee6f82764efdb62a1af9b9525050.png

Do you see the difference? Where is Magenta? It's not there. It only shows up when you mix light. It's the color you get when you mix Red and Violet so having only one of the legendaries have (magenta) in their color scheme makes no sense.

Ignore this part, I'm sorry. I misread your post

When you mix all light, you get white. Which is where Lugia came in. But the second half refers to the CYMK model which says you get Black when you mix all the colors. That is not true with light.

Edit: said violet instead of magenta

Last edited:
@Oriden I just want to say, I'm really sorry. I don't know how to express myself without being argumentative. I reread my post and it sounds belittling, but I'm really just super confused about the different color models. If they wanted to go with some sort of theme between the two; Scarlet and Violet just seem like bad names to use.

should have been plus and minus

The Rainbow is the Light Spectrum? It's what happens when white light passes through a prism. Ranibows have Infrared and Ultra Violet. They are the ends of the visible light spectrum.

But what does Rainbow color order have to do with having legendaries themed around Triadic Colors on a color wheel?
This is an RGB color wheel. Red Blue and Green are Triadic colors. Magenta Yellow and Cyan are Triadic colors. Okay; that's fine. There some parallelism there. But Red and Violet aren't really opposites.
rgb-color-wheel-lg.jpg

This is the "Rainbow" or visible light spectrum:

the-visible-light-spectrum-2699036_FINAL2-c0b0ee6f82764efdb62a1af9b9525050.png

Do you see the difference? Where is Magenta? It's not there. It only shows up when you mix light. It's the color you get when you mix Red and Violet so having only one of the legendaries have (magenta) in their color scheme makes no sense.

Ignore this part, I'm sorry. I misread your post

When you mix all light, you get white. Which is where Lugia came in. But the second half refers to the CYMK model which says you get Black when you mix all the colors. That is not true with light.

Edit: said violet instead of magenta

It's not that complicated.

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet are the order of colors in a rainbow.

RGB and CMYK are methods to display every color.

If Scarlet and Violet are referencing the ends of a rainbow, then RGB and CMYK are just two methods of representing every color.

Yes, color is connected to light, that's how we physically perceive color, but dial it back to basics and it's just about colors, not light.

@Oriden I just want to say, I'm really sorry. I don't know how to express myself without being argumentative. I reread my post and it sounds belittling, but I'm really just super confused about the different color models. If they wanted to go with some sort of theme between the two; Scarlet and Violet just seem like bad names to use.

should have been plus and minus
That's alright. XD It's hot and I have a headache so I feel like my posts are probably coming off flat and harsh too, so I'm not about to judge anyone's tone here.

Not necessarily. Khu also said this

bcb650p0guz81.jpg
Oh neat a collage- oh great its gonna have nsfw like he couldn't find another way to make one- OH GREAT IS THAT RELATED TO SHITTING ON THAT ONE GUY HE KEEPS CALLING A DOG? Why is his beef and obsession with that guy getting tied to NSFW? Dude's getting out of the petty child barn and going straight into the creepy obsession domination tent in my eyes at this point. It's unhealthy and he needs jaysus.

God Nintendo C+D this guy already I don't care if he's a good source he's an insufferable (stepping onto the creep line) twat and I'll take whatever I can get to shut him up.

Oh neat a collage- oh great its gonna have nsfw like he couldn't find another way to make one- OH GREAT IS THAT RELATED TO SHITTING ON THAT ONE GUY HE KEEPS CALLING A DOG? Why is his beef and obsession with that guy getting tied to NSFW? Dude's getting out of the petty child barn and going straight into the creepy obsession domination tent in my eyes at this point. It's unhealthy and he needs jaysus.

God Nintendo C+D this guy already I don't care if he's a good source he's an insufferable (stepping onto the creep line) twat and I'll take whatever I can get to shut him up.
Relax. He's probably hinting that the next two are going to be Zamazenta and Zacian (puppies) and that he'll be putting Chinese swears at Centro on the collage like he did for the two regional form ones. Most of us won't be able to read it anyway.

It's really not just him. From what I understand, the Chinese forums hate Centro.

Back
Top Bottom