• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Apparently the string of Chinese was instructions to write a Chinese character that means "type/belong" so... the third type thing might really be happening.

Screenshot_20220429-135622_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the string of Chinese was instructions to write a Chinese character that means "type/belong" so... the third type thing might really be happening.
Ohhh because it supplements the 三 hint from March? 3 type… yeah seems very likely now.

Took me looking on Reddit to get that 1, 2, and 5 are the gens for Tauros, Miltank, and Buffalant.

But only the 5 is actually on the bull, and all three have question marks.

If Buffalant gets a regional variant or evolution, I’m gonna laugh. So many Tauros fans will be mad, and that would make SO MANY Gen 5 variants relative to anything else.

But there are also three bull heads in the pic. Maybe it really is a bovine baby for all three, which would be a long time coming. I’d be surprised because at this point, I imagined they purposefully stopped making new baby forms.

If Buffalant gets a regional variant or evolution, I’m gonna laugh. So many Tauros fans will be mad, and that would make SO MANY Gen 5 variants relative to anything else.
Relative to anything else other than Gen 1, with its 24 regional variants.

And on the 3 types thing, like I said before sounds horrible with the 6x and 1/6x damage. Although to be fair there's not many type combos like that i dont think.

Ohhh because it supplements the 三 hint from March? 3 type… yeah seems very likely now.

Took me looking on Reddit to get that 1, 2, and 5 are the gens for Tauros, Miltank, and Buffalant.

But only the 5 is actually on the bull, and all three have question marks.

But there are also three bull heads in the pic. Maybe it really is a bovine baby for all three, which would be a long time coming. I’d be surprised because at this point, I imagined they purposefully stopped making new baby forms.
It's the extra two heads clipped in there that make me think that it might mean all three, yeah. Would be awesome if they really did pull a Tyrogue with them.

And we actually did just get a baby last gen but I think a lot of people overlooked it since it wasn't for an old pokemon- Toxel is a Baby stage!

Relative to anything else other than Gen 1, with its 24 regional variants.

And on the 3 types thing, like I said before sounds horrible with the 6x and 1/6x damage. Although to be fair there's not many type combos like that i dont think.
True- I give Gen 1 a pass because all those lines are the oldest and most well known, so of course they get more stuff to renew them.

Triple typing creating those extremes in damage would be a purposeful part of the risk/reward system they would build up for it. Which, thinking now, what risk did any past gimmick have, beyond “is this the best time to do X?”. Having extreme risks and extreme rewards built into a gimmick makes things that much more unpredictable and fun, in the long run.

To each their own I suppose, I just know I would be more likely to just...not use this specific gimmick 90% of the time.

Tauros is also the only gen 1 Pokemon that isn't capable of evolving that hasn't gotten any love (Either being a permanent pre(vo), Mega, Z-Move or Gigamax form), whatsoever, so its overdue for one.
Technically Ditto Huh I guess your right I could of sworn there were more. Yeah give Tauros something (Maybe ash can do something with one of his 30 of them)

I tracked down a pokemon on my copy of Sword to look at its Chinese dex entry to confirm that 属性 is the word used for a pokemon's typing in simplified chinese. The first one, 属 being the apparent answer to Khu's latest riddle.

I was hoping 属 could have referred to something else. I really don't want a 3rd typing gimmick. Maybe it refers to 3-type attacks?

I tracked down a pokemon on my copy of Sword to look at its Chinese dex entry to confirm that 属性 is the word used for a pokemon's typing in simplified chinese. The first one, 属 being the apparent answer to Khu's latest riddle.

I was hoping 属 could have referred to something else. I really don't want a 3rd typing gimmick. Maybe it refers to 3-type attacks?
Three type attacks sounds worse.

Three type attacks sounds worse.
Maybe from a balancing standpoint. I'm just not sure how giving yourself a 3rd type is fun. It's a very defensive based mechanic vs offensive. Getting a 3rd stab doesn't really seem all that great. The moves that currently do this are for pokemon giving it to an opponent; and not yourself.

And wouldn't it lead to a lot of scenarios where the pokemon takes neutral damage from everything.

That said, gigantamax didn't sound that appealing to me when it was leaked either, but it grew on me.

Maybe from a balancing standpoint. I'm just not sure how giving yourself a 3rd type is fun. It's a very defensive based mechanic vs offensive. Getting a 3rd stab doesn't really seem all that great. The moves that currently do this are for pokemon giving it to an opponent; and not yourself.

And wouldn't it lead to a lot of scenarios where the pokemon takes neutral damage from everything.

That said, gigantamax didn't sound that appealing to me when it was leaked either, but it grew on me.
I mean from a "being really complicated for people to figure out" standpoint. Adding a third type is just basic math on the type match up charts, but trying to calculate damage with adding an extra two types to moves sounds insane.

To each their own I suppose, I just know I would be more likely to just...not use this specific gimmick 90% of the time.

Technically Ditto Huh I guess your right I could of sworn there were more. Yeah give Tauros something (Maybe ash can do something with one of his 30 of them)
I remember almost never using z-moves because they were usually so broken or took forever to perform, and SwSh purposefully limited Dynamax because it was so broken and took forever to perform.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that if this new gimmick is something many people avoid most of the time, it won’t be anything new. lol But it creates really interesting and unpredictable competitive scenarios for both the participants AND audience. Pokémon has gone really into streaming competitions lately and is making competitive battling an attainable thing for more people every Gen. Implementing a gimmick like this might be genius for them, depending on how it’s implemented.

I mean from a "being really complicated for people to figure out" standpoint. Adding a third type is just basic math on the type match up charts, but trying to calculate damage with adding an extra two types to moves sounds insane.
Oh yeah. I can't do math in my head very well; so the first one is still really hard for me.

3-type attacks could be "simplified" in a sense where instead of 1 attack that is 3 different types all at once, they could do an attack that is technically like triple kick or something where the damage is calc'd for each type separately. (like 3 seperate attacks, but in one turn) if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom