• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I feel like the reason there is such a large gap between the first trailers and second trailers for pokemon games is that gamefreak feels the need to announce it on Pokemon Day, but they dont have enough trailer plans to fill in that gap in between and for the rest of the year up to release
They didn't seem to have a problem during Sun and Moon's news cycle, though they did reveal too much.
Pretty sure it's just that there's no reason to hammer out trailers before the final six months of release, and that it's the normal promotion period for other Nintendo games, but we just get the early announcement for Pokemon to celebrate Pokemon Day.
In that case, they shouldn’t have announced SV on Pokémon day. I mean, would it have killed them to let PLA sit for a little bit when they barely had a month to breathe? Early announcements can cannibalize sales sometimes.

At the very least, TPC should hire official riddlers to help tease their stuff in-between these long gaps as part of their marketing campaign. Maybe then we’d get less immature attention seekers (Khu seems to have thankfully calmed down with the bad attitude, but who knows how long that’ll last).

In that case, they shouldn’t have announced SV on Pokémon day. I mean, would it have killed them to let PLA sit for a little bit when they barely had a month to breathe? Early announcements can cannibalize sales sometimes.
I can understand the idea from a gamefreak stand point, not only does it help make Pokemon days less... uneventful, it also builds up more excitement for the potential announcement of a new game than just dropping it on a random day every year.

At the very least, TPC should hire official riddlers to help tease their stuff in-between these long gaps as part of their marketing campaign. Maybe then we’d get less immature attention seekers (Khu seems to have thankfully calmed down with the bad attitude, but who knows how long that’ll last).
It's really the only exciting thing for Pokemon Day, most of the fanbase doesn't give much of a crap otherwise. They're basically guaranteed our attention then and only then, versus dropping it randomly in the middle of the year.

I'd almost love for them to do official riddles but I just know that they would be geared towards kids and obnoxiously obvious like the Hisuian Voltorb teaser. The Zorua and Zoroark hint is probably the toughest it would ever get and that wasn't much of a puzzle. Hate to say that I'd rather have Khu’s attitude but I appreciate the adult level brain teasers over "oh no ball guy dropped his balls"

I can understand the idea from a gamefreak stand point, not only does it help make Pokemon days less... uneventful, it also builds up more excitement for the potential announcement of a new game than just dropping it on a random day every year.
It's really the only exciting thing for Pokemon Day, most of the fanbase doesn't give much of a crap otherwise. They're basically guaranteed our attention then and only then, versus dropping it randomly in the middle of the year.
My problem is mostly the timing of it. Like, you just released PLA. If you aren’t going to anything other than an anccouncement for six months, then wouldn’t it be better to hold off and let your newest release breathe for a couple of months so less people skip it just because SV is coming around the corner? Plus, such actions don’t help with the whole “TPC are making Game Freak rush out the games” narrative getting thrown around the fandom.

My problem is mostly the timing of it. Like, you just released PLA. If you aren’t going to anything other than an anccouncement for six months, then wouldn’t it be better to hold off and let your newest release breathe for a couple of months so less people skip it just because SV is coming around the corner? Plus, such actions don’t help with the whole “TPC are making Game Freak rush out the games” narrative getting thrown around the fandom.
To be fair, there wasn't much to PLA and even with the announcement you still have about nine months before it releases. Is there really a drastic number of people skipping PLA now so they can play SV in almost a year?

And gawd does the fanbase need to get over that. They can say it all they like, but it simply isn't the case.

I think the wait between the initial announcement and the first major batch of news can get tiresome, so I do understand what you're saying. They do it on Pokemon Day as a means of celebrating the franchise and giving fans a "present" in a sense, but if they waited to announce the games around May with monthly news updates after, we'd have less of a drought period between announcements.

And if they did, and created actual riddles with some context that are simple enough like "What do Groudon, Kyogre, and Lugia have in common?" rather than posting images of bits of them with no context, it would be interesting. Khu's riddles and vague posts are just...too vague. He has thankfully calmed down a little, but I don't count on it for long.

And if they did, and created actual riddles with some context that are simple enough like "What do Groudon, Kyogre, and Lugia have in common?" rather than posting images of bits of them with no context, it would be interesting. Khu's riddles and vague posts are just...too vague. He has thankfully calmed down a little, but I don't count on it for long.
The answer would literally just be that they're legendaries. XD Might as well just spell it out.

I mean what if we take the Chinese or Japanese of their names and throw them together in Google translate, or maybe just the first characters of their names?

Hey, sorry, I had to wait until I was home to answer this.

My understanding is that for Legendary names, the chinese names are just transliterations; meaning they kind of just choose characters that make the sounds to form the name; and they're kind of meaningless.

The Mandarin Chinese (as taken from bulbapedia)

Lugia: 洛奇亞
Kyogre: 蓋歐卡
Groudon: 固拉多

Google Translate says the characters in Lugia mean Lowe (a surname and I think the name of a river) Strange and Asia

Kyogre is Cover; Europe, Card

Groudon is Solid, Pull, Many

There are no common characters and there doesn't seem to be a common theme.

I know he said he wasn't finished, but he acted like it was still possible to figure out. If you have ideas, but need someone to research for you, I have nothing better to do.

Hey, sorry, I had to wait until I was home to answer this.

My understanding is that for Legendary names, the chinese names are just transliterations; meaning they kind of just choose characters that make the sounds to form the name; and they're kind of meaningless.

The Mandarin Chinese (as taken from bulbapedia)

Lugia: 洛奇亞
Kyogre: 蓋歐卡
Groudon: 固拉多

Google Translate says the characters in Lugia mean Lowe (a surname and I think the name of a river) Strange and Asia

Kyogre is Cover; Europe, Card

Groudon is Solid, Pull, Many

There are no common characters and there doesn't seem to be a common theme.

I know he said he wasn't finished, but he acted like it was still possible to figure out. If you have ideas, but need someone to research for you, I have nothing better to do.
=/ Hm, dang. I'm running dry on ideas with these three.

Everyone: Being Riddle Scientists.

Me: goes cross-eyed Ah there's that insufferable prickiness from Khu low key calling people who haven't figured out his shenaniry yet stupid compared to the ones who are. At least he's not calling that other guy a dog again yet. Also. Fin-gers. That is what Lugia and Kyogre have. LIke. Fin-gers. Because they are fingers but also wing fins I'll see myself out thank you thank you

leans back in

Also... alright I'll say it. Fuecoco3 is giving me the 'this is the legit' vibe like the Alola and Galar starter leaks did. I didn't wanna say anything and jinx it or come across as a smartalik or something but like.

Its giving me that feeling bro. If it turns out to be fake the person who drew it deserves literally all the kudos and a job at gamefreak because damn boi that's some good stuff right there.

View attachment 159719View attachment 159720@Oriden thank you, and I'm done!! so...

as for the first one → this could be...maybe hiragana hi? ひ this doesn't mean anything on its' own, although a common reading with ひ is Japanese for sun, 日, and for fire, 火. Something about fire or suns?

←as for the second one this could be a shifted katakana ko? コ this also doesn't mean anything on its' own. some common words (katakana is for foreign words) with it are コーヒー (coffee), and コアラ (koala).

View attachment 159721←As for the third one this could definitely be a backwards hiragana ku.く ofc this doesn't mean anything on its' own...but a common one would be the reading for the kanji meaning 9, 九. wasn't there something about a multi-headed Pokémon!?View attachment 159723

That's what I've been thinking anyways!! Hopefully we somehow endgamed it?!? →
Thanks! And damn, looks like we're still coming up dry. Hopefully the next hint he drops will connect the dots.

Another thing about these riddles that annoys me, apart from the vagueness, is it often requires knowledge only a handful of us have, and it seems its often knowledge of Chinese and such.
Well as the DC riddler would say; there's no point to a riddle that everyone knows the answer to.

Another thing about these riddles that annoys me, apart from the vagueness, is it often requires knowledge only a handful of us have, and it seems its often knowledge of Chinese and such.
That's honestly what I like about them (not the Chinese specifically), that the community has to work together and pool our knowledge to get the answers. =) It's fun because it's like we're all working together on a puzzle. Kind of a weird positive thing that comes out of Khu despite his being an ass.

Also why I don't want to see official easy as hell riddles for a news season, because it would just be infantile and not remotely the same level of challenge to bring the community together to solve them.

Back
Top Bottom