• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Cool to know that we’re getting a neat object Pokémon and that the whole feminine Pokémon thing is a solid staple every generation now. Not sure when it started or how consistent its been, but I love Tsareena and Hatterene so I look forward to seeing what that’s gonna look like this Gen.

Cool to know that we’re getting a neat object Pokémon and that the whole feminine Pokémon thing is a solid staple every generation now. Not sure when it started or how consistent its been, but I love Tsareena and Hatterene so I look forward to seeing what that’s gonna look like this Gen.
The "waifu" mon has arguably been around since gen 3: Gardevoir (3), Lopunny/Roserade (4), Gothitelle/Lilligant (5), Florges (6).

And we usually get multiple object based pokemon every gen:

(1): voltorb and magnemite (maybe koffing and porygon)
(2): Unown
(3): Shuppet and Chimecho
(4): Drifloon and Bronzor
(5): Trubbish, Litwik and Klink
(6): Honedge and Klefki
(7): Comfey, Sandygast and Dhelmise (~Kartana and Meltan)
(8): Sinistea (Rolycoly starts as an object mon, but doesn't end as an object)

Gen 8 is actually kind of a standout for not really having more than one line unless we classify Alcremie as an "object" which I don't really. I think "food mon" should be it's own category which Sinistea overlaps with.

Edit: lol; I forgot about all of Rotom's forms.

Last edited:
Honestly while I was on team keep sprigatito on four legs before, the fact that I have yet to see a single quadruped sprigatito final evo fan design that I like at all I'm inching closer to team biped.

Yeah the main problem I see with the fan ideas is that people go for the super bulky sabercat approach which just doesnt feel like it lines up with sprigatio's base design (that and the fangs never look good imo)
Yeeeah, Sprigatito definitely feels like it should be a sleeker feline.

Also definitely feels like it'll go bipedal so I'm prepared to hate it. >.> Game Freak has said in interviews that they like to subvert expectations and surprise us, though. Couldn't get more surprising at this point than them not making Sprig a catgirl/catboy.

I feel like theres definently a way to make a bipedal sprigatito evo that works, it really just depends on if it feels overly fur baity or not, I like this design for example. (Although don't think it will happen because again, puss in boots is italian) Although I understand it's a preference of taste and some people might not like bipedal at all

20220515_121444.jpg

I feel like theres definently a way to make a bipedal sprigatito evo that works, it really just depends on if it feels overly fur baity or not, I like this design for example. (Although don't think it will happen because again, puss in boots is italian) Although I understand it's a preference of taste and some people might not like bipedal at all

A handful of people will be upset if Sprigatito's evolution turns out to be bipedal, but I'd love something like this. And I know some would like to see more quadrapedal starters rather than bipedal like all of Gen VIII's. To be fair though, quadrapedal to bipedal doesn't happen as frequently as it does. The only cases I can really think of are Litten and Fennekin, with the reverse happening to Oshawott.

A handful of people will be upset if Sprigatito's evolution turns out to be bipedal, but I'd love something like this. And I know some would like to see more quadrapedal starters rather than bipedal like all of Gen VIII's. To be fair though, quadrapedal to bipedal doesn't happen as frequently as it does. The only cases I can really think of are Litten and Fennekin, with the reverse happening to Oshawott.
Tepig.

And the main issue really is all of the starters going humanoid, which bipedalness is just a symptom of.

Tepig.

And the main issue really is all of the starters going humanoid, which bipedalness is just a symptom of.
Yep.

For example, I’d say Pokémon like Charizard, Feraligatr, Sceptile, weren’t really humanoid, Blastoise and Typhlosion, neither. Even Empoleon, with his ‘noble’ based design, to me look much more like an animal then humanoid like recent starters.

That said, I don’t personally mind if they’d still go for humanoid starter designs, but at least, balance a bit with more animalistic ones in the starter trio.

I joke all the time about taping Sprigtatio's paws to the ground, but I truly wouldn't mind if it evolved into a bipedal Pokemon, I would just prefer it stay quadrupedal and more animalistic rather than humanoid. I think a bipedal Sprigatito evo can work though. Heck, while I definitely would have preferred Incineroar to remain quadrupedal, Incineroar is still in my top 5 of favorite fully evolved starters.

Personally, I think this gen is a great time contender to have a more balanced set of starters. Sprigatito and Fuecoco could remain more animalistic, and Quaxly could have some more humanoid inspo. The last time we had a non-humanoid fire starter was Typhlosion, though arguments can be made for Infernape and Emboar, as they do feel a little less humanoid than some of the others. If we're going off the last one being Emboar, it's still been over 10 years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom