• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The more I think about this--and the more I research, I can't help but put forth a story theory--what if your journey mirrors the real world Camino de Santiago pilgrimage? (more about the Camino)

Not sure how that would tie into a school motif (maybe the journey/Poke-Camino is a field trip turned up to 11?), but it is something to think about.

I have no preference for humanoid or feral looking, bipedal or quadraped starters. Both/all are great. Want a quadruped fire starter for once sometime though, and I think sprigatito would look cooler on four legs, but I love the bipedal fan designs most.

i realise that patterns aren't meant to be strictly followed or anything, nor is Game Freak beholden to any "tradition", but it's interesting that there hasn't been one case of a grass starter who starts off as a quadruped turning into a biped. fire starters have this all the time (much to the chagrin of some fire starter fans), but grass starters seem pretty consistent

felt it worth pointing out. maybe that'll change this time around, but after so long of that consistency, i feel it'll probably remain.

The "waifu" mon has arguably been around since gen 3: Gardevoir (3), Lopunny/Roserade (4), Gothitelle/Lilligant (5), Florges (6).

I feel like you could argue Jynx is the original "waifu-mon" (or at least the pre-cursor to them), if we're going by the definition of a Pokemon with a very feminine appearance with humanoid characteristics. I don't think anyone would ever actually consider Jynx a "waifu" but if by waifu you just mean a Pokemon with a heavily feminine appearance then I think it counts.

I feel like you could argue Jynx is the original "waifu-mon" (or at least the pre-cursor to them), if we're going by the definition of a Pokemon with a very feminine appearance with humanoid characteristics. I don't think anyone would ever actually consider Jynx a "waifu" but if by waifu you just mean a Pokemon with a heavily feminine appearance then I think it counts.
While true the lack of one in Gen 2 means it still basically starts with Gen 3

I'm trying to remember the amount of standing-up cats compared to on fours;
is it only Meowstic, Espurr and Incineroar?

i feel like Sprigatito may stay on fours but it will be depending on what kind of plant, or some aspect of the environment, it is going to portray!!

Also, seeing the artwork again, Fuecoco3 seems to be having a siesta. Are there aspects of culture in Spain and Portugal that could be creatively integrated into the next stages of the others' evolutions including Fuecoco2?? :) :)

There's also the og, Meowth, and by extension Perrserker.

Lesee....Zeraora is pretty much a cat, right?

Game Freak also seems to count Sneasel as a cat (even if it's more weasel), so I guess it and it's evos technically count too.

Man, a lot more bipedal kitties than I remembered, haha

Last edited:
There's also the og, Meowth and by extension Perrserker... Zeraora is a cat, right?

Game Freak also seems to count Sneasel as a cat (even if it's more weasel), so I guess it and it's evos technically count too.
Zeraora is a cat too

Edit: You already edited it when I posted that oops?

i feel like Sprigatito may stay on fours but it will be depending on what kind of plant, or some aspect of the environment, it is going to portray!!

Also, seeing the artwork again, Fuecoco3 seems to be having a siesta. Are there aspects of culture in Spain and Portugal that could be creatively integrated into the next stages of the others' evolutions including Fuecoco2?? :) :)

I would be okay with Sprigatito 3 being some kind of flamenco dancing cat with special castanets!! i don't quite think that will be it, but it is fun to envision!!

Standing
Meowth(x3), Mew, Mewtwo, Purrloin, Espurr, Meowstic(x2), Incineroar, Zeraora, Perrserker

Not Standing
Persian(x2), Espeon, Raikou, Skitty, Delcatty, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Glameow, Purugly, Liepard, Litleo, Pyroar, Litten, Torracat, Solgaleo

Not including those of less certain cat status such as the rest of the eeveelutions, Sneasel, Suicune, Entei, Zangoose, Weavile, and Sneasler.

I would prefer if the starters' final forms were shown (either leaked or officially) before release. This time in particular people have a stronger connection to them so I feel they would eclipse all conversations if they were released alongside everything else.

About the riddle, all I see is white fingers or fingernails, I think that matters more than the legendaries chosen and that we'll get another body part later about the other legendary. In English "white nail" kinda sounds like "wyvern" but I admit that's a stretch. In Japanese all I found is that "shirotsume" (white nail) also translates to "white clover".

I would prefer if the starters' final forms were shown (either leaked or officially) before release. This time in particular people have a stronger connection to them so I feel they would eclipse all conversations if they were released alongside everything else.

About the riddle, all I see is white fingers or fingernails, I think that matters more than the legendaries chosen and that we'll get another body part later about the other legendary. In English "white nail" kinda sounds like "wyvern" but I admit that's a stretch. In Japanese all I found is that "shirotsume" (white nail) also translates to "white clover".
The latest image was blue, not white, so all white theories are basically out the window.

Back
Top Bottom