• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Home update did launch, but they're still under maintenance. Part of me questions it, because I don't know if announcing something tomorrow would take away from Hisuian Snow, but with all of this stuff happening and out of the way, it is time for a big SV news drop.
Nah maintenance has apparently been over for a few minutes now.

Actually the whole thing was about Violet's legendary, who has something to do with the dog with wheels. May be vehicle-based.

Here, someone made a good reconstruction of the teaser Khu gave us-
1qaB18y.png

That "track a trail" wording also feels like a hint to me.

Pokozzo pretty much solved it

Gotta be honest I feel completely opposite. This is something almost nobody guessed, especially not at first. I don’t really care about the riddle format one way or another, and honestly mostly agree that it’s kinda annoying, but this seems like such a bizarre reveal that it’s actually got me extremely curious and excited to see how riding the legendary plays out in the game

Ignoring the Centro part because I'm good at that, I am leaning more towards the vehicle idea now that he was so specific about this introducing us to just the Violet Legend. So that's a thing, and a weird thing to pick to tease at that because we are probably going to see the legends revealed officially anyways sometime in like the next month.

So from the various posts we can conclude that Khu: Likes both box legendaries, thinks SV has a lot of cool designs, but finds the starters Meh (From his post right after the poll that was never shown here)

Anyways as for that above, I am guessing the violet Legendary specifically has a Motif about being rideable while the Scarlet legendary just... is rideable without being designed around it.

If Violet legend ends up being some horrendous monstrosity, I won't be able to take Khu's word on anything subjective. But to nitpick, I think Khu specifically said that "meh" would be everyone else's reaction, not his necessarily. But I can live with "meh". He didn't say we'd be angry or upset, so maybe that means no overly anthro designs.

All 3 of them being "Meh" Is honestly better than other starter trio's, Usually they have at least one I don't like so i'll take a Trio that i don't hate any member of even if i don't particularly love any member of either. But I also liked a lot of PLA pokemon that I recall Khu saying he didn't like or that the fandom wouldn't like so y'know.

So the mascots have different motifs but function the same, and Khu personally likes the Violet one more.

Not really anything at all to go off there. Literally every mascot pair has a different motif but functions the same. Lmao

Again, can’t even assume anything about the Violet one beyond “it’s vaguely vehicular and/or gets ridden by someone at some point”.

What he thinks about the starters is subjective. While they may be meh to him, they could be awesome to many. I'd consider Fuecoco_3 great if its real.

Yeah, I find it to be a very tight, solid design even if I felt that there would've been "more". But that can just be me and others being trained to expect "more" due to the past three starter evos we've had.

Khu confirming what we already suspected.

t2x29dh5g8091.jpg

Edit: why is it so hard to resize images on mobile?
I thought it was going to be about the oranges and grapes and I thought "Oh so the boxes will have the fruit on them neat" but then I scrolled down and saw the image of the clock and now I am lost.

Anyways guess we wait for June now for more Khu... funny how this months theme was meant to be Regional Forms but most of it was more of last months theme.

I thought it was going to be about the oranges and grapes and I thought "Oh so the boxes will have the fruit on them neat" but then I scrolled down and saw the image of the clock and now I am lost.

Anyways guess we wait for June now for more Khu... funny how this months theme was meant to be Regional Forms but most of it was more of last months theme.

The clock could be one of several things. It could represent old and new or tradition and progress. Since the clock was going in reverse in the trailer it could literally represent past and future. The themes of the boxes are the abstract ideas they represent (life and death for XY). They might still have fruit elements in the design, but those fruits are on crests on our clothes so they probably have something to do with an organization of some sort in the games.

I miss when my girlfriend was able to play nintendo games. ): We'd get opposite versions and trade exclusives and stuff but that's impossible now since nintendo likes gimmicky consoles and controllers and she has a hard enough time using a playstation controller. She's still miles better than me at videogames though. Using only two fingers. Girl's a freaking gaming savant, I swear. That or I am even worse at videogames than I like to joke about. ...it's probably both.

Oh well. I'll buy Violet and maybe down the line I'll get scarlet. Gods I hate knowing that Khu and I share version tastes. Though clearly his head's not screwed on right since he's apparently not impressed with the starters and looking at their base forms I cannot fathom how they can not be at the very least likable in their final stages. One of them is a cat for the gods' sake. If gamefreak manages to screw up a cat after all the cats we've already had I think we need to send someone to check if they're okay. You can't screw up a cat mon, man. That's just not possible.

Also: OOH I GET IT THE THEME IS TIME I BET ITS TIME WHY ELSE WOULD IT BE THE CLOCK places hands on the underside of the table, ready to flip it when it turns out the riddle is something else entirely somehow

Back
Top Bottom