• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Also: OOH I GET IT THE THEME IS TIME I BET ITS TIME WHY ELSE WOULD IT BE THE CLOCK places hands on the underside of the table, ready to flip it when it turns out the riddle is something else entirely somehow
Problem: We already had Time... Twice technically if you wanna count PLA. Although i suppose this is a different kind of time.

Everybody get what you want off this table because I'm getting into flip stance.

It could be actually blatant history vs progress theme this time. Legends: Arceus was just getting thrown back in time, it wasn't really about time travel itself. That was just a plot vehicle for the story. And the only other time I can think of time being relevant in the main games is the fact one town in Unova was different between versions and that city tower thing vs giant ass tree and forest thing. Again, not actually tying into the game's narrative. Just a random ass thing in two areas.

And then there's Dialga, the critter of time that doesn't do ANY time shenanary and the only ones that do are his daddy and that darn onion fairy.

There's definitely some sort of old vs modern theme going on even if that's not what Khu's tweet is talking about. I've said it before but there's a stark contrast of the more Traditional looking houses and main city and such of the region compared to the modern gas-station looking pokemarts and those solar panels and observatory you can see in the trailer.

sigh I wish he'd just stick to the puppy thing and juvenile insults instead of getting outright vulgar.

So from the various posts we can conclude that Khu: Likes both box legendaries, thinks SV has a lot of cool designs, but finds the starters Meh (From his post right after the poll that was never shown here)

Anyways as for that above, I am guessing the violet Legendary specifically has a Motif about being rideable while the Scarlet legendary just... is rideable without being designed around it.
That seems like a solid guess. The fact that they "function the same" definitely feels like there's some utility to both legendaries, so if that utility is riding them then this focus on Grape being rideable does feel like it's just more blatantly its thing.

I'm really enjoying all this discussion about the riddles. Thankfully we've got some Sherlock Holmes like Oriden here to solve these puzzles.
Oriden absolutely helps us all with this, we'd be lost without her lol
You guys are too nice. =D I really mostly just compile what other people have pointed out.

Khu confirming what we already suspected.

t2x29dh5g8091.jpg

Edit: why is it so hard to resize images on mobile?
Gawd right? I'm so hesitant to post images on mobile because they usually wind up enormous when I get on my PC and it's so cringe.

But yeah, that looks like the tradition vs. progress time theme that we've already picked out from it.

Besides the clock, the contrast of the locations they showed the guard in was really distinctly modern vs. traditional architecture. Like, after he goes through the building and then enters that room, it's jarring, because of how obviously out-of-place it is.

LaXNErx.png

Lookit these chairs-
rNaLCd0.png

Big switch!
9Uy0unU.png

Old brick walls in this modern building?
7ZKhwBW.png

And then you add in the clock spinning forward and back and it seems sort of obvious.

Yeah, the ‘themes’ in pat games were less themes in terms of guiding principles for the games and more ‘motifs’ so I don’t think we’ve really had a game about time yet

Oh yeah, I wonder if the fact that he mentioned that he'll nickname the Grape legendary, and has been comparing it to Centro, means that it really is based at least partially on a dog? Or looks like one? Even with a Dragon typing, that doesn't really rule it out from being dog-like considering 10% Zygarde is a thing.

I know we just had Zacian and Zamazenta but... I will gladly accept more puppies.

The table is always on standby!!

Though the clock being split into threes like that with the hour, minute, and second (I guess? I don't see many non-digital clocks honestly...) looks pretty evenly split between the three in that picture. Maybe its not just a past/tradition and future/technology thing but a past, present, AND future thing like some people are too tied to the past while others are only focused on the future (kinda like Rose was actually?) and the player's gonna find a way to get them to see eye to eye and remember that they're in the here and now and gotta remember the past but also look to the future too while staying grounded in the present reality.

I know I said I don’t care about the legendaries but now I’m hyped.. I can’t wait for my Mechanical grape dog =P

Oh yeah, I wonder if the fact that he mentioned that he'll nickname the Grape legendary, and has been comparing it to Centro, means that it really is based at least partially on a dog? Or looks like one? Even with a Dragon typing, that doesn't really rule it out from being dog-like considering 10% Zygarde is a thing.

I know we just had Zacian and Zamazenta but... I will gladly accept more puppies.
I wonder if the mascots really are the PokéRide, complete with different forms for different rides like how Zygarde has different forms. And then you just don’t catch it until end-game (it’sa helpful friend until then).

The only thing I see keeping them from doing this is how tricky that would be with you running around on a legendary. Do people constantly comment on what you’re riding on? Does no one do it and it feels weird?

The table is always on standby!!

Though the clock being split into threes like that with the hour, minute, and second (I guess? I don't see many non-digital clocks honestly...) looks pretty evenly split between the three in that picture. Maybe its not just a past/tradition and future/technology thing but a past, present, AND future thing like some people are too tied to the past while others are only focused on the future (kinda like Rose was actually?) and the player's gonna find a way to get them to see eye to eye and remember that they're in the here and now and gotta remember the past but also look to the future too while staying grounded in the present reality.

I don't really think the position of the hands on the clock really mean anything, considering it kinda just spazzes out and where the hands are placed depends on the frame you take the screenshot at-

a1TkEhC.png
vqs6gV2.png
u25cVJO.png

Although that first frame is the starting point before it starts freaking out.

I wonder if the mascots really are the PokéRide, complete with different forms for different rides like how Zygarde has different forms. And then you just don’t catch it until end-game (it’sa helpful friend until then).

The only thing I see keeping them from doing this is how tricky that would be with you running around on a legendary. Do people constantly comment on what you’re riding on? Does no one do it and it feels weird?
I have been wondering that, if it's like Nebby except if Nebby was actually useful and not just a dumb gag for most of the game.

I imagine the fact that you're riding a legendary around could be handwaved much like the ride pokemon in Hisui- no one seems to bat a lash at you charging up on your sacred Wyrdeer.

The princess and Saint George led the dragon back to the city of Silene, where it terrified the populace. Saint George offered to kill the dragon if they consented to become Christians and be baptized. Fifteen thousand men including the king of Silene converted to Christianity.[c] George then killed the dragon, beheading it with his sword, and the body was carted out of the city on four ox-carts.
Saint George and the Dragon - Wikipedia
images

I see a connection :unsure:
Could one of the mascot legend be based on this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom