• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

By the way in case anyone is curious, this seems to be the current consensus on the blurry colors of the corner of the Gen 9 Dex tease when Khu showed off the collage tease.
Screenshot 2022-05-18 1.22.42 PM.png
The damn dragon is still here and as such he shall go down one more tier in my starter tier list because damn is it annoying. The last two I am eh on because Sneasler is just an assumption and I dont really see much of a color for where Ursaluna is at

By the way in case anyone is curious, this seems to be the current consensus on the blurry colors of the corner of the Gen 9 Dex tease when Khu showed off the collage tease.
The damn dragon is still here and as such he shall go down one more tier in my starter tier list because damn is it annoying. The last two I am eh on because Sneasler is just an assumption and I dont really see much of a color for where Ursaluna is at
I can definitely see the first ones being Charizard and Pikachu but I dunno about the rest of them.

XD Also kinda wonder if Khu put together a fake one and unveiled that corner on purpose just to induce rage.

Now I love Charizard, I don't mind it being in nearly every game, I'm alright with it getting new forms... but singling it out from the other Kanto starters is such blatant favoritism that I'm even feeling pretty blargh at it. Like... at least give Bulbasaur and Squirtle some equal love. Giving Charizard two Megas and a Gmax and then adding the other two as an after-thought and now this? It's getting gross, Game Freak. I love my dragon, but stop making people hate it.

Edit: Looking at it again, I guess it makes sense, given pokedex order. Kudos to all those people who bothered sorting that out from tiny blurry pixels.

Last edited:
I can definitely see the first ones being Charizard and Pikachu but I dunno about the rest of them.

XD Also kinda wonder if Khu put together a fake one and unveiled that corner on purpose just to induce rage.

Now I love Charizard, I don't mind it being in nearly every game, I'm alright with it getting new forms... but singling it out from the other Kanto starters is such blatant favoritism that I'm even feeling pretty blargh at it. Like... at least give Bulbasaur and Squirtle some equal love. Giving Charizard two Megas and a Gmax and then adding the other two as an after-thought and now this? It's getting gross, Game Freak. I love my dragon, but stop making people hate it.
Some of them are definitely safe if we assume none are new regional forms, for example Tentacruel is the only Water Poision type in Gen 1 so it has to be the blue and purple. Similarly if that is the steel color and not the normal one Perrserker is the only pure steel type that would fit there. (Although technically it should be with gen 8 mons but maybe Khu does the more logical ordering?)

Edit: I'm most eh about the Jumpluff(?) Quagsire spot because there's some normal or steel type grey in there that is just ignored, but that might just be because of the blur.

Last edited:
...feck, yeah, these are lining up well, I think they've nailed it. Which means that it looks like we're not getting a regional Quagsire... damn, I was really hoping for an El Drac variant. =( Doesn't even look like there could be a new evo for it either.

Unless like the Meowth line you can get two forms of it and the whole Quagsire line is available but has its variants listed somewhere else.

...feck, yeah, these are lining up well, I think they've nailed it. Which means that it looks like we're not getting a regional Quagsire... damn, I was really hoping for an El Drac variant. =( Doesn't even look like there could be a new evo for it either.

Unless like the Meowth line you can get two forms of it and the whole Quagsire line is available but has its variants listed somewhere else.
There is that bit of grey in that area that was ignored, could it potentially be Water/Steel and Steel/Ground or something? (Or the less Interesting normal instead of steel), which would lead to a Quagsire regional (Not sure if Steel works with El Drac though). But it could just be the blur like i said before.

Don't mind more forms for meowth and charizard. Those are two of my favorite pokemon, so while I wish the other Kanto starters would get something as well, I don't care at all about charizard getting more stuff. Though I think I always prefer their original forms so if there's no way to get Kanto meowth I'll be a little disappointed.

Don't mind more forms for meowth and charizard. Those are two of my favorite pokemon, so while I wish the other Kanto starters would get something as well, I don't care at all about charizard getting more stuff. Though I think I always prefer their original forms so if there's no way to get Kanto meowth I'll be a little disappointed.
Good news! They are in the trailer

Probably June 3rd. Khu said “See you in June” ? Just speculating.
I think that was referring to when Khu will do their next Riddle.

There is that bit of grey in that area that was ignored, could it potentially be Water/Steel and Steel/Ground or something? (Or the less Interesting normal instead of steel), which would lead to a Quagsire regional (Not sure if Steel works with El Drac though). But it could just be the blur like i said before.
I think it's just because of the blur, because this is about how it lines up.

xzDocfr.png

A shame how it seems that nothing will be done with Girafarig this generation, if that analysis is correct.

Yeeeah, looks like it's a single stage still. And Quagsire's got a gap above it, unlike the Hoppip line, so no third evo there either.
Yeah, it's a bit of a shame, considering what Galar and Hisui have done for quite a few old Pokémon in terms of regional forms and evolutions. I especially love the latter for underrepresented lines.

Oh well, other options might be even better. Who knows. Really curious, though.

Good news: If we assume this list is the same width as the PLA one theres only one row of gen 1 Pokemon this time! Compared to the two rows of PLA. In fact, if we assume the eeveelutions are in and theres no new ones, theres only 3 more Kanto lines possible other than the ones shown with what we got!

Edit: And if we assume all PLA regional forms are here than one of those 3 is the Voltorb Line.

Good news: If we assume this list is the same width as the PLA one theres only one row of gen 1 Pokemon this time! Compared to the two rows of PLA. In fact, if we assume the eeveelutions are in and theres no new ones, theres only 3 more Kanto lines possible other than the ones shown with what we got!

Edit: And if we assume all PLA regional forms are here than one of those 3 is the Voltorb Line.
Not so good news for me, I like my Gen 1's over any other generation. XD

Oh well. Still got Charizard. ;P

This makes me worried the dex is small. Also, Chansey is one of the 3 I guess.

This makes me worried the dex is small. Also, Chansey is one of the 3 I guess.
Chansey, Gengar and Electrode are my guesses. (Which means no Furret sense Jumpluff is the first gen 2 :( ). Gen 2 is one of the lower Gens in terms of number of my favorite Pokemon in it so this is a plus for me! (Only Pikachu and Eevee make it to S tier)

Edit: Actually maybe they left out Gengar? Because it would be a crime to leave out Tauros. That or we aren't getting all PLA regionals.

Wonder if maybe the lack of Gen 1's is indicative of a Johto remake coming this gen, though. Many of the pokemon that weren't available in SwSh were in BDSP, which cut down the list of pokemon unavailable in Gen 8 to just 63 across all of the games.

Now, Sinnoh had four generations of pokemon to include, so the lack of Sinnoh mons in SwSh wasn't particularly notable compared to any of the other generations (I think Gen 3 actually might be missing the most). But Johto only has Gen 1 and 2 to pull from, so if they were to arrange the pokedex between games to have the least going unused in 3-4 years, the brunt of what they'd be able to skip in Scarlet and Violet would have to fall upon Gen 1 and 2, favoring the later generations because the remakes won't be able to make up for it.

I mean, they could still shoehorn things into Black/White remakes, but not easily considering the main characteristic of that region was that nothing from other regions appeared there.

Chansey, Gengar and Electrode are my guesses. (Which means no Furret sense Jumpluff is the first gen 2 :( ). Gen 2 is one of the lower Gens in terms of number of my favorite Pokemon in it so this is a plus for me! (Only Pikachu and Eevee make it to S tier)

Edit: Actually maybe they left out Gengar? Because it would be a crime to leave out Tauros. That or we aren't getting all PLA regionals.
Well, it doesn't look like Hisuian Arcanine's there, so maybe not?

At least I hope to hell that's not Hisuian Arcanine because screw that Arcanine. I want my fluffy pup back.

Back
Top Bottom