• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

On one hand I would reccomend Gamefreak also moving the environments to another company, if not atleast partially sense they dont like hiring too many employees. But on the other hand that would mean gamefreak only really does the coding wouldnt it? Animations and Pokemon models are already done by creatures inc. not sure on humans though.

A reminder of how Gen 1-8* actually measured up in terms of designs-

Gen 1 - 151 new pokemon
Gen 2 - 100 new pokemon
Gen 3 - 135 new pokemon
Gen 4 - 107 new pokemon
Gen 5 - 156 new pokemon
Gen 6 - 72 new pokemon + 48 mega evolutions (120 total)
Gen 7 - 88 new pokemon + 18 regional variants (106 total)
Gen 8 - 96 new pokemon + 19 regional variants + 32 Gigantamax forms (147 total)
+ PLA - 7 new pokemon + 17 regional variants (additional 21 total) [grand total 168]

And that's not counting some pokemon with multiple forms either, but largely you can see that they've always met the 100 new design minimum. Even the switch to 3D didn't cause them to lighten their workload.

*Edit: Might as well update this to include Gen 8.

Last edited:
A reminder of how Gen 1-8* actually measured up in terms of designs-

Gen 1 - 151 new pokemon
Gen 2 - 100 new pokemon
Gen 3 - 135 new pokemon
Gen 4 - 107 new pokemon
Gen 5 - 156 new pokemon
Gen 6 - 72 new pokemon + 48 mega evolutions (120 total)
Gen 7 - 88 new pokemon + 18 regional variants (106 total)
Gen 8 - 96 new pokemon + 19 regional variants + 32 Gigantamax forms (147 total)
+ PLA - 7 new pokemon + 17 regional variants (additional 21 total) [grand total 168]

And that's not counting some pokemon with multiple forms either, but largely you can see that they've always met the 100 new design minimum. Even the switch to 3D didn't cause them to lighten their workload.

*Edit: Might as well update this to include Gen 8.
There been a rumor about there going be 137 new pokemon in Gen 9.

For me, I don't care about total number of new designs so much as new evolutionary lines; excluding legendaries because I rarely find them fun to use.

EvolutionLine.PNG

Gen 4 had the same amount as gen 6. Gens 7 and 8 were slightly larger, but we still haven't quite reached gen 2 unless you include regional forms as new.

Gen 1: 73
Gen 2: 45
Gen 3: 63
Gen 4: 31
Gen 5: 69
Gen 6: 31
Gen 7: 34 + 10 = 44
Gen 8: 37 + 11 = 48

I don't really want a crazy large dex, but I'd really like to get to that 45 number without regional forms.

Oh, and I'd like to avoid another gen 7 situation where we get the same number of single stage pokemon as gen 5. Gen 8 was nearly there too because of the fossils all being single stage.

I actively dont want any more than 94 new pokemon in the entirety of gen 9 including games after SV, because I will be annoyed for litterally eternity if we reach 1000 pokemon just shy of gen 10.

There been a rumor about there going be 137 new pokemon in Gen 9.
I sincerely doubt that, but eh.

For me, I don't care about total number of new designs so much as new evolutionary lines; excluding legendaries because I rarely find them fun to use.

Gen 4 had the same amount as gen 6. Gens 7 and 8 were slightly larger, but we still haven't quite reached gen 2 unless you include regional forms as new.

Gen 1: 73
Gen 2: 45
Gen 3: 63
Gen 4: 31
Gen 5: 69
Gen 6: 31
Gen 7: 34 + 10 = 44
Gen 8: 37 + 11 = 48

I don't really want a crazy large dex, but I'd really like to get to that 45 number without regional forms.

Oh, and I'd like to avoid another gen 7 situation where we get the same number of single stage pokemon as gen 5. Gen 8 was nearly there too because of the fossils all being single stage.
Yeeeah, I'm hoping for more evolution lines than single stage pokemon. Gen 7 was horribly balanced, especially with so many of them being legendaries.

My point about the designs, though, is that they've actually been consistent with their workload. Yeah, Gen 6 looked small, but they put just as much work into it as any other generation. So this whole "adhering to three years is making them create less pokemon" is just demonstrably false.

I actively dont want any more than 94 new pokemon in the entirety of gen 9 including games after SV, because I will be annoyed for litterally eternity if we reach 1000 pokemon just shy of gen 10.
Kind of agree, but I think pokemon 1000 should be given out on their 30th anniversary Pokemon Day along with the Gen 10 announcement. Because if it's lumped in with Gen 10, it wouldn't be as special as if it was given its own spotlight without everything else.

Kind of agree, but I think pokemon 1000 should be given out on their 30th anniversary Pokemon Day along with the Gen 10 announcement. Because if it's lumped in with Gen 10, it wouldn't be as special as if it was given its own spotlight without everything else.
Problem is: It would likely be just a limited time gift mythical, that you walk up to the pokemon center and get, and I would argue that would make it be an even more overlooked uncared about pokemon in the general fanbase.

Problem is: It would likely be just a limited time gift mythical, that you walk up to the pokemon center and get, and I would argue that would make it be an even more overlooked uncared about pokemon in the general fanbase.
I don't think it would be one of those kind of distributions. Pretty sure having to physically walk into a store has mostly been for repeat legendaries, otherwise it's a mystery gift or a code from their newsletter.

Granted their newsletter distributions suck nuggets.

I'd hope they'd do more than just that, though. Release it via a special in-game event, like how they added Galarian Slowpoke.

I don't think it would be one of those kind of distributions. Pretty sure having to physically walk into a store has mostly been for repeat legendaries, otherwise it's a mystery gift or a code from their newsletter.

Granted their newsletter distributions suck nuggets.

I'd hope they'd do more than just that, though. Release it via a special in-game event, like how they added Galarian Slowpoke.
Suppose I should clarify, by walk to the pokemon center I meant in game, yknow the guy who shows up to give you your mystery gifts. But yeah why I would hope they would do more than that I dont expect them to do more than that.

They could easily do something cool with it. If we get Johto Remakes after these games in 2025 (after DLC and a break year), it could be some special mythical like Meltan was. Except, I hope they give it its own mini-story in the game.

Much as I love wholly new monsters/families (and they've been especially clever the last few gens, so I do), I'm honestly consistently more excited for new evolutions/forms/regionals (especially the latter).

Even when I don't end up liking them (most of the PLA ones), I appreciate a new twist on an older design enough in concept that that's what I anticipate more.

Suppose I should clarify, by walk to the pokemon center I meant in game, yknow the guy who shows up to give you your mystery gifts. But yeah why I would hope they would do more than that I dont expect them to do more than that.
XD Oh alright. Man, having pokemon centers in real life is confusing.

Yeeeeeeeeeah, I'd hope for something more akin to Sinnoh's events. It's a shame they haven't done more like that.

I tend to look forward to new regular Pokemon and variants. I just sit here and hope there's a decent amount and not a ton of Legendary Pokemon.
Gawd I hope to hell that Gen 7 is the last time we see a shitton of legendaries.

I'll take like up to six new legendaries, and up to three regional variant legendaries, and 1-2 mythicals and then that's it for any game from now on. We don't really need more than that.

That's specific, where is that rumor from?
I've heard some on Reddit say Khu said it but nobody provided any evidence. Most he's said is "too many new and creative designs" I've seen some say Eclipse has said the amount of new Pokemon is equal to PoryLeaks followers or something but Eclipse isn't that credible. The Uncle leak has mentioned something similar I think, but this leak has no evidence of ever existing on that Chinese forum.

Personally I don't have much hope we'd see that many after 3 generations of only 70-85 new Pokemon, but it would be nice to see a larger amount of new Pokemon again.

Ah, I knew I read it before but couldn't remember what bullshit source it came from. I thought it was Uncle, but Uncle just said the number will be "in the ballpark of Gens 1/3/5." Eclipse isn't even worth remembering he exists so that slipped my mind entirely.

The choice to use the phrase more than with such a specific number is a weird one.
I wish people would stop trusting these people with no real evidence of having insider info as being 100% always accurate.
Didn't Eclipse say SV guy was real before they posted a super obvious fake and deleted their account?

The choice to use the phrase more than with such a specific number is a weird one.
I wish people would stop trusting these people with no real evidence of having insider info as being 100% always accurate.
Didn't Eclipse say SV guy was real before they posted a super obvious fake and deleted their account?
Eclipse also has a massive track record of false claims, so I don't know why anyone trusts him. At least as crummy as Centro is, he doesn't strew his own baseless speculation in amongst the real info he's gathered and pretend it's insider info.

Back
Top Bottom