• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Going to make my team 6 charizard just to scare people (kidding)
Seriously though, if they're gonna keep doing Charizard like this, then we're really going to need a game where you can use all of the burst mechanics because imagine the teams of just charizards and each one has a different burst attached. "Here's my mega charizard, and my Inferno Overdrive charizard, and my Gigantamax charizard, and my--"

So supposedly there’s a mine showing that we’ll be getting Delphox as s new fighter for Pokemon Unite which is due to be out on June 6th… (there’s a hidden Pokémon Unite video too), and I know Pokémon Masters update is coming very soon.

So if I had to guess, we can expect to get a Pokémon Presents anytime now to end of next week.

So supposedly there’s a mine showing that we’ll be getting Delphox as s new fighter for Pokemon Unite which is due to be out on June 6th… (there’s a hidden Pokémon Unite video too), and I know Pokémon Masters update is coming very soon.

So if I had to guess, we can expect to get a Pokémon Presents anytime now to end of next week.

I really hope so. It won't be this week because they haven't announced it, but I really don't want to wait more than a week.

Nah, we're not overdue at all, since either sm or swsh (can't remember which) got their first post release trailer in June. But probably within a week and a half.
It was SwSh. And yeah, we're not overdue by that standard... but it's overdue by XY and SuMo standards and SwSh being so late could be excused due to Detective Pikachu having come out in mid-May that year. So not having that conflict this time around, it does feel exceptionally late. Doesn't help that SwSh gave us significantly more info in the first trailer than SV's given us.

Doesn't help that SwSh gave us significantly more info in the first trailer than SV's given us.

Did it though? It might've shown a wider variety of locations, but that's about it. Other than that, it's about the same, both trailers showed clips of the region, they showed the starters, and they showed some of the old Pokemon reappearing in the games. What did SwSh's first trailer give that was "significantly more"?

But yeah, SV seems poised to follow the SwSh marketing schedule.

Last edited:
I don't think that SwSh gave us much more than SV did, aside from one detail. I feel like we came out of both knowing just as much. We knew what the games looked like graphically, we knew the starters, we knew what real world location the region is taking inspiration from, and we saw a couple locations. The detail that SwSh gave us that SV didn't really give us was that we were seeing gyms return after SuMo and that it was treated more like a sporting event than past games have.

I don't think that SwSh gave us much more than SV did, aside from one detail. I feel like we came out of both knowing just as much. We knew what the games looked like graphically, we knew the starters, we knew what real world location the region is taking inspiration from, and we saw a couple locations. The detail that SwSh gave us that SV didn't really give us was that we were seeing gym and that it was treated more like a sporting event than past games have.

We had a teaser of that, but no real confirmation. We just saw the protagonist in a sports uniform walking into a stadium and we didn't know the context. There were some predictions that it was gyms, a battle facility, or something else, but they didn't actually say anything until the second trailer. We might have something similar with the school uniforms and everyone thinking there's a school mechanic in this game, but it's hard to tell for sure until we have more info. So I would still say that's about the same.

Did it though? It might've shown a wider variety of locations, but that's about it. Other than that, it's about the same, both trailers showed clips of the region, they showed the starters, and they showed some of the old Pokemon reappearing in the games. What did SwSh's first trailer give that was "significantly more"?

But yeah, SV seems poised to follow the SwSh marketing schedule.
Should have said Direct rather than trailer- the first Direct that introduced Sword and Shield gave information on the region, such as the name, the map, and the existence of the gyms. That's quite a lot more than we currently have for SV.

We had a teaser of that, but no real confirmation. We just saw the protagonist in a sports uniform walking into a stadium and we didn't know the context. There were some predictions that it was gyms, a battle facility, or something else, but they didn't actually say anything until the second trailer. We might have something similar with the school uniforms and everyone thinking there's a school mechanic in this game, but it's hard to tell for sure until we have more info. So I would still say that's about the same.
Gyms was confirmed from the start.

Should have said Direct rather than trailer- the first Direct that introduced Sword and Shield gave information on the region, such as the name, the map, and the existence of the gyms. That's quite a lot more than we currently have for SV.

Gyms was confirmed from the start.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't consider that "significantly more". The region name isn't really significant in the grand scheme of things, it's just a name and doesn't really tell us anything about gameplay. The existence of gyms, without the context of how they work, also doesn't confirm much because gyms have been a relative mainstay in the series (we did have a few games like SM and LA that didn't, but in general we've had gyms). The map is kind of big, but that's partial offset by us having a partial map of SV. So I would call that slightly more, not "significantly more". The major pieces of info were the same in both.

The region name isn't really significant in the grand scheme of things, it's just a name and doesn't really tell us anything about gameplay.
It gives us something to talk and theorise about during this drought beyond having to resort to "PokéSpain". :wynaut:

Fair enough, but I wouldn't consider that "significantly more". The region name isn't really significant in the grand scheme of things, it's just a name and doesn't really tell us anything about gameplay. The existence of gyms, without the context of how they work, also doesn't confirm much because gyms have been a relative mainstay in the series (we did have a few games like SM and LA that didn't, but in general we've had gyms). The map is kind of big, but that's partial offset by us having a partial map of SV. So I would call that slightly more, not "significantly more". The major pieces of info were the same in both.
I mean compared to footage showing mostly several angles of the exact same town and a few nondescript locations; having the name of the region, the map, a brief description of the region, and confirmation of gyms is pretty significant. Because at least we had a gist of the location and an inkling of the gameplay. Right now, other than it being the Iberian Peninsula, we're not even sure if this region includes Portugal, and we've no clue if there's gyms or if it's going to be some weird school thing.

So yeah, in the grand scheme, it wasn't a lot, but it was still significantly more compared to what SV's given so far. When we're still at the stage of fake leaks promising 50 different region names and talking about rival schools or battling in rainbow circles or getting 18 gyms... we've basically got nothing.

It gives us something to talk and theorise about during this drought beyond having to resort to "PokéSpain". :wynaut:
I completely forgot the Pokemon Direct gave us the Galar map, but having the map does give us even more because with the detail they put into it, it gives people something more to analyze, which we didn't get.

Galaxy brain idea: Eevee is in, but not all of its evolutions are, so it does fit the table. Like three are in or something, but not necessarily the same three as Kanto.

(to be clear, this is mostly a joke)

Seriously though, if they're gonna keep doing Charizard like this, then we're really going to need a game where you can use all of the burst mechanics because imagine the teams of just charizards and each one has a different burst attached. "Here's my mega charizard, and my Inferno Overdrive charizard, and my Gigantamax charizard, and my--"
Gotta Catch Em All! Pokémon (Charizard Edition!)

Plus the SwSh reveal video gave us VIDEO of the starters. We don’t even know a single thing about how these new starters move or even what they look like from a different angle. That’s kinda wild.

Back
Top Bottom