• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Something I forgot, when comparing this cycle to SwSh specifically… really SwSh was announced in 2018 when they announced LGPE (something along the lines of them being hard at work on a brand new main entry for the Switch, at the very end of the LGPE video or whatever).

Meanwhile no one really EXPECTED them to announce SV when they did (I predicted they would, but that’s different than an expectation).

So it makes sense that they showed more during the SwSh reveal than the SV reveal. Everyone had already been waiting for like a year for Gen 8 news, but Gen 9 news was like an exciting surprise.
I forgot that SwSh was actually announced in 2018. They announced during a Nintendo Direct that a new main series game was currently in development for the Switch, then revealed it entirely during Pokemon Day 2019.

Also, a large handful genuinely hoped SV wasn't being announced. Not many expected it and merely expected a large DLC update for Legends Arceus. I was genuinely surprised and pretty excited when I found out it was going to be full open world.

Everyone in this thread at the moment:

meme.jpeg

Everyone in this thread at the moment:

View attachment 160244
Not me. At the moment I'm shaking my head at people making huge reaches elsewhere.

We need news, though, or even just more riddles to pick apart, because we're not far off from someone writing a massive post about how Masuda's lunch photos mean we're getting new mega eeveelutions or some other equally ridiculous reach.

Also, a large handful genuinely hoped SV wasn't being announced. Not many expected it and merely expected a large DLC update for Legends Arceus. I was genuinely surprised and pretty excited when I found out it was going to be full open world.

I don't really get why people didn't expect it. Scarlet/Violet are right on schedule based on the cycle of the previous gens. (we can likely expect gen 10 in 2025 as well) I feel like people had way too much confidence that Game Freak would actually take more time to develop their game this time. What they were basing that confidence on, I have no idea.

I don't really get why people didn't expect it. Scarlet/Violet are right on schedule based on the cycle of the previous gens. (we can likely expect gen 10 in 2025 as well) I feel like people had way too much confidence that Game Freak would actually take more time to develop their game this time. What they were basing that confidence on, I have no idea.
A lot of people were convinced that Legends Arceus releasing this year meant that no other pokemon game could release this year (because ten months surely isn't enough time to play Legends Arceus, I guess.)

I got caught off guard but that's only because I hadn't been paying attention to what time of year it was and also I don't keep track of nintendo directs and things so my brother told me a new pokemon generation was revealed and I about lost my goddang mind from excitement.

The fact that ANOTHER KITTY YAS KITTY STARTER YAS also helped me go feral.

People didn’t want or expect SV in 2022 because
  1. Three Pokémon games released in less than one year apart from each other sets a bad precedent for releases in quick succession for future titles.
  2. Given what happened with SwSh, people were begging for GF to slow down and not adhere to the “three-year generation” release cycle because no one could have predicted that we’d actually get decent graphics this time around (let alone open world). In other words, the fandom was concerned about the quality of Gen 9 suffering from being released too early to meet a holiday deadline; some of us still are in terms of how much content SV will have pre-DLC.

People didn’t want or expect SV in 2022 because
  1. Three Pokémon games released in less than one year apart from each other sets a bad precedent for releases in quick succession for future titles.
  2. Given what happened with SwSh, people were begging for GF to slow down and not adhere to the “three-year generation” release cycle because no one could have predicted that we’d actually get decent graphics this time around (let alone open world). In other words, the fandom was concerned about the quality of Gen 9 suffering from being released too early to meet a holiday deadline; some of us still are in terms of how much content SV will have pre-DLC.

Me to peole saying Gen 9 doesn't come in 2022:

They literally announced gen 9 when they announced BDSP when they said SWSH would remain the main competitive setting, since that means they needed something new for the 2023 VCG season, which cannot drag on for longer than three years.

Me to peole saying Gen 9 doesn't come in 2022:

They literally announced gen 9 when they announced BDSP when they said SWSH would remain the main competitive setting, since that means they needed something new for the 2023 VCG season, which cannot drag on for longer than three years.
Except it is very likely that Gen 9 will last for longer than 3 years so that the Gen 10 release can line up properly with the 30th Anniversary

I feel like I was in the minority here because I’m one of few folks who were actually expecting Gen 9 to be announced as it lines up with the 3 years of gen schedule while nearly everyone were so sure that we wouldn’t get Gen 9 this year. I was even telling some people that I wouldn’t be too sure about that as well, lol.

However, I do feel like Gen 9 will be a long generation where it’ll last little more than 3 years though but we’ll see if it’s true or not.

I was on the fence right up until they revealed the starters. SwSh definitely felt like it was on its way out the door and that it was time for Gen 9, but I couldn't entirely dismiss the possibility that they might do DLC for Legends instead and try to squeeze more time out of it... but DLC for Legends wasn't going to help competitive in any way, and patching the Legends and BDSP pokemon into SwSh would have just been handing competitive a flimsy crutch to try to last a year on.

I don't buy the "not enough development time" logic because we know for fact that they develop multiple things concurrently. And there really wasn't any way that they weren't going to use some of the work put into Legends Arceus in Gen 9- the trainer movement alone is too advanced for just a one off game.

Fandom needs to update their idea of how Game Freak development works, I think.

Really hoping they announce a direct by Monday. Afraid my enthusiasm won’t last another week
Honestly, I don't think enthusiasm needs to be a constant thing for a new release cycle. It can (and imo should) go into the background for a bit while there's breaks in news. We'll get new info in due time, so it's ok to take a break from rumor-hawking until then.

Honestly, I don't think enthusiasm needs to be a constant thing for a new release cycle. It can (and imo should) go into the background for a bit while there's breaks in news. We'll get new info in due time, so it's ok to take a break from rumor-hawking until then.
I can't understand maintaining a consistent level of hype for eight months anyway. Even if it dips, it's not like it's not going to come back when a trailer finally does drop.

Yeah but I wanna talk about pokemon right nooooooowwwwww :p

I don't pay attention to news stuff so if I'm not right here when the news drops I usually have to rely on my brother seeing something or my girlfriend linking me to a video. Otherwise I gotta hope that I see a reddit thread about it among the like 100 cat sub posts on my homepage.

I can't understand maintaining a consistent level of hype for eight months anyway. Even if it dips, it's not like it's not going to come back when a trailer finally does drop.
Hahaha you’re both right; yes of course I’ll still be just as excited. The wait is only agonizing because of my excitement to know more xD

Back
Top Bottom