• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

He said that Smoliv isn't the waifumon that he was referring to in the poll... and I guess the 3-stage riddle is for the objectmon? Which I think may be Smoliv, considering he quoted the comment he made about Smoliv not being the waifumon he was referring to?

I'm honestly confused too and hope he will clarify.
Not that poll, Smoliv won the "Smoliv or Pawmi" poll.

He did say that this hint is for a feminine monster, but not the one from the "object or starter or waifu" poll. He clarifies in the comments that there are more than two feminine monsters this gen, but the olive riddle and the poll are two of them, and for the latter he chose to go with the least voted option (object).

Not that poll, Smoliv won the "Smoliv or Pawmi" poll.

He did say that this hint is for a feminine monster, but not the one from the "object or starter or waifu" poll. He clarifies in the comments that there are more than two feminine monsters this gen, but the olive riddle and the poll are two of them, and for the latter he chose to go with the least voted option (object).
Oh- yeah the olive stuff was definitely for Smoliv. And Smoliv is a waifu but it isn't the true waifu.

But then he quoted himself saying that Smoliv isn't the true waifu while saying that he's going ignore the true waifu to start a 3-stage riddle about the objectmon. Which is hella confusing.

The chinese part on the olive riddle has a word meaning chicken indeed, however this word has also a pejorative meaning in slang (check wiktionary), that can be associated with "waifu". In English and more public forum-friendly way to translate it would be "chick". So the riddle is litterally just saying Smoliv will evolve into a waifumon and will have 5 (black?) olives.
Okay, so it’s just the slang “chick” (weird how that slang translates exactly and seems to mean the same thing in both Chinese and at least American English).

So Smoliv becomes a feminine olive… tree maybe?…. With five mature olives. But no literally bird influence.

Okay, I thought it was just an amusing/interesting idea at first, but after thinking about it more with the context of the riddle and Khu's reply to it, I'm going to lean on the egg smoliv theory a little more. I think it be would kinda weird if the riddle's answer stopped at "it's going to become a waifu and the olive become ripe" when Khu plainly said the waifu part in the reply, and saying the olive will be ripe is like the most obvious thing you can say about a plantmon lol

Idk. Can't completely rule out the simple "ripe olive waifu" idea only with a hunch like this, but adding a bird into the equation does make it sound more compelling. I guess we will see.

At this point I now just want to see our "route 1 bird" start off as a plant egg because it would be hella clever if it does. XD

Plus the Barcelos rooster tends to have plants on it-
PA2900302_galo_emiliarocha_medio.jpg

But then he quoted himself saying that Smoliv isn't the true waifu while saying that he's going ignore the true waifu to start a 3-stage riddle about the objectmon. Which is hella confusing.
I don't see how it's confusing to be honest ^^'

June theme poll -> Starters win (RF 2nd, Waifu 3rd, objectmon 4th) -> riddles for starters and RF have already been released
Smoliv/Pawmi poll -> Smoliv wins -> Olive riddle + since the riddle reveals Smoliv evolves into a waifumon, clarification that this is not the waifu he intended to reveal in the previous poll + clarification that he will skip the riddles for the intended waifu and put some light to the 4th place, the objectmon.

So Olive riddle for Smoliv, 3-stage riddle for objectmon, nothing for the initial waifumon (for now).

(Also, drop the chicken thing, there are no birds here, just smoliv and objectmon)

Okay, so it’s just the slang “chick” (weird how that slang translates exactly and seems to mean the same thing in both Chinese and at least American English).
I think many languages have words associating women and chicken. So, not really weird.

Last edited:
I think it's just a massive coincidence. Sunkern and Seedot also have Early Bird as a possible ability, so it's not exclusive to birds.
Oh it wasn't about it being exclusive to birds, it was about early rising being a chicken thing and Khu's riddles (both the olive branches and Tapu Koko) both involved chickens somehow.

I don't see how it's confusing to be honest ^^'

June theme poll -> Starters win (RF 2nd, Waifu 3rd, objectmon 4th) -> riddles for starters and RF have already been released
Smoliv/Pawmi poll -> Smoliv wins -> Olive riddle + since the riddle reveals Smoliv evolves into a waifumon, clarification that this is not the waifu he intended to reveal in the previous poll + clarification that he will skip the riddles for the intended waifu and put some light to the 4th place, the objectmon.

So Olive riddle for Smoliv, 3-stage riddle for objectmon, nothing for the initial waifumon (for now).

(Also, drop the chicken thing, there are no birds here, just smoliv and objectmon)
The confusing part was the segway from "Smoliv isn't the waifu" to "by the way, we're ignoring the waifu to talk about the objectmon instead."

I think it's just a massive coincidence. Sunkern and Seedot also have Early Bird as a possible ability, so it's not exclusive to birds.
Y'know, I wasn't entirely buying the Early Bird part of the theory either for the same reason earlier (and I wasn't really thinking of it in the context of the riddle too), but it did make me look up whether olive (oil) can cause wakefulness, 'cuz that would be thematic with the ability, right? Apparently no, according to my cursory search, if anything it supposedly makes you feel more relaxed and therefore easier to fall asleep instead. (Although apparently there is little scientific backing to this notion? So I guess this is inconclusive.)

I guess you can say better sleep will make you wake up better too -- therefore, you can be an early bird -- but this feels like such an odd number of hoops to jump through when Pokemon abilities are usually fairly straightforward.

So if we assumed there is no birdiness indeed in Smoliv line, I wonder what other explanation is waiting for this ability. This is an interesting food for thought, either way.

Y'know, I wasn't entirely buying the Early Bird part of the theory either for the same reason earlier (and I wasn't really thinking of it in the context of the riddle either), but it did make me look up whether olive (oil) can cause wakefulness, 'cuz that would be thematic with the ability, right? Apparently no, according to my cursory search, if anything it supposedly makes you feel more relaxed and therefore easier to fall asleep instead. (Although apparently there is little scientific backing to this notion? So I guess this is inconclusive.)

I guess you can say better sleep will make you wake up better too -- therefore, you can be an early bird -- but this feels like such an odd number of hoops to jump through when Pokemon abilities are usually fairly straightforward.

So if we assumed there is no birdiness indeed in Smoliv line, I wonder what other explanation is waiting for this ability. This is an interesting food for thought, either way.
Probably just the fact that it doesn't want to get eaten, I guess.

=( Chicken egg theory was cooler.

Oh it wasn't about it being exclusive to birds, it was about early rising being a chicken thing and Khu's riddles (both the olive branches and Tapu Koko) both involved chickens somehow.

The confusing part was the segway from "Smoliv isn't the waifu" to "by the way, we're ignoring the waifu to talk about the objectmon instead."

Not the waifu intended in the Theme poll he said.

Also, for the 3-stage riddle, we are supposed to find key words, 1 each stage. And it's Pokemon knowledge related. So "chicken" can't be the key word here, it is too simple, it does not require Pokemon knowledge. It has to be something related to type, pokedex entry, abilities... I think.

You do realize that "early bird" is an English-only idiom (other languages just use their litteral expression to "waking up early") that has no purpose of being bird-exclusive, right? So I am not sure what kind of explanation you are waiting for... other grass Pokemon has this ability.

I do realize that, yes. I still think it would be a fun idea. (Also just to be clear, no, I'm not going to get too invested in it. Little is set in stone until it's officially revealed for me.)

Tapu Koko has such a big heap of nothing about it besides being a rooster... I don't know what else the key word for this part could be except "land spirit" (or one of those two words) or "electric" because everything else about it is just "It's a holy rooster and its personality sucks."

Maybe the keyword is "guardian" or "Telepathy". I assume it will be too hard to tell before having the other 2 riddles.
Or maybe it's just "legendary" ("no one has ever seen it before", Tapu koko is a legendary Pokemon), a Pokemon based on a legendary object.

Last edited:
Slightly disappointed to hear Sprigatito goes bipedal for it's final evo, but I'm also not surprised. Bipedal starters and/or humanoid starters are the norm. It was to be expected this would happen. Now I'm just debating on what I'd prefer, seeing Sprigatio go bipedal right away when it evolves into it's middle stage, or getting teased with a quadrupedal middle stage Sprigatito (and potentially having a stronger form I could fall back if I end up hating Sprigatito3 and Quaxly3).

I will fully admit tho that at least from the fan speculations for Sprigatito3's final evo, one of my favorite designs is actually bipedal.

20220610_090348.jpg
Art by RxC

It does have the potential to look really good. I think I'd prefer them to go a Puss 'N Boots route because of this, but that's also because I'm super worried if they go the Flamenco dancer route it ends up like Delphox. I'm totally fine when they make a starter look feminine, heck Primarina is my favorite fully evolved starter, I just don't like the "dress" look they tried to pull off with Delphox. It looks awful, and if they go flamenco dancer route for Sprigatito I could see it going equally as poorly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom